The primary function of the host/hostess position is to welcome guests and tend to their requests. The objective of this position is to attain a high level of guest satisfaction, build new business and a base of loyal guests. Understand the importance of and promote the Company’s Mission, Vision & Values, and provide direction to staff in accordance with the Company’s policy and procedures in order to achieve organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In accordance with all protocols proactively greet all guests with a smile and greeting while tending to their requests.
- Check and record all answering machine messages and on-line reservations.
- Confirm reservations as required.
- Answer the telephone promptly and courteously
- Co-ordinate information to receive and record reservations and assign tables.
- Confirm group reservations, and assign sections to wait staff.
- Keep menus clean and in order. Arrange menus by service. Report where supply requires replenishing due to damage/wear.
- Keep the front area clean, organized and attractive.
- Organize a well-stocked retail area and re-stock as necessary.
- Assist in servicing including re-setting tables when busy, bussing or replenishing the buffet.
- Assist in preparing requisition for shortage of supplies (menus, billfolds etc.).
- Prepare daily sales report & guest count sheets. Cash-out waiters in accordance with standard procedures.
- Maintain a neat and organized coat-check assisting guests by hanging and retrieving their coats.
- Report any concerns from guests and/or staff to the Duty Manager.
- Bring forward cost effective and sales generating ideas and suggestions.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures conducting your area in strict accordance with them.
- Maintain a professional attitude and manner at all times during your shift with the customer’s total satisfaction always your first priority.
- Set a fine example to fellow employees as to reliability, punctuality, attendance, grooming, and dress.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate at Staff Meetings.
- Discuss all confidential matters only with authorized personnel
- Contribute to a discrimination free work environment
- Assist with other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Previous hosting experience preferred.
- Smart Serve certificate must be acquired if not already possessed.
- Ability to learn and operate Point of Sale effectively using company practices.
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard -
- 29 days ago
CHILL Ice House HOST/HOSTESS
- 6 days ago
Richmond Hill, ON
- 30+ days ago