Banana Republic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Steady and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Clothe discount
Cons: customer service expereince
A typical day at Banana Republic you start with an introduction to what the day goal is and then in which area you will be working on. Later on you start your shift and start acknowledging what the customer's need is.
Great job for students
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Notre-Dame, QCJuly 10, 2015
Honestly, this job is great for students. they allow you to create you're own schedule by asking you what times you are available to work. This makes this job stress free and very appealing for students. You can also get days of easily thank to this, and this will benefit you when you have exams coming up.
Productive and fun working space
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2015
There is considerable room for a person to move up in the company. Management is considerate and understanding to individuals' needs.
Sales associate
Sales Associate, General (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2015
Interact with customers, fold clothes, stay organized, work as a team. Deal with sudden rushes, handle cash, keep tidy
Working in Retail
Sale Support (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 13, 2015
First retail job. Learned a lot of my customer service skills.
Typical day would consist of working at the cash register, working in the fitting room, pick up and fold all the go backs, and help customers.
Entry level retail experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: frequent breaks, usually relaxed environment
Cons: dealing with returns and refunds
My regular shifts were 5-7 hours, depending on sales. But on a typical Saturday evening, it would be quite busy, balancing 2-5 guests at once on the sales floor. Since there was no commission, teamwork was mandatory in creating an exceptional guest experience. Each guest was treated equally, greeted as soon as they walked in the store, until they walked out.
My main job was being on cash. If there were no guests in line, I'd go through the closet of returns, and reticket/re-arrange and colour/size coordinate them to a rack where then I put back on the sales floor.
There would typically be one manager, and one supervisor, who would tell me and the team what to do.
Sometimes I'd fill in breaks for an employee from the fitting room. The fitting room was quite challenging for me as some guests would demand many different styles at once and I'd try my best to fit their needs.
Overall, this seasonal retail experience was enjoyable. I would love to work with Gap Inc. once again if given the opportunity.
Banana Republic Environment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: Incentive programs for stores
Cons: Hard to advance
I have learned a lot while working at Banana Republic. The management and my coworkers are amazing. I have never worked for a company that has staff that are willing to help you at work and outside of work. Everyone is always so happy and ready to help.
Exciting and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work environment
Cons: Low salary and no benefits unless you are full time
Suggesting and selling attire to our guests in order to better prepare them for their business meetings, night out in the town, or casual days of enjoyment.
Good team to work with on a daily basis
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: good discounts & benefits
Cons: Manager
Different duties on a daily basis. Management is bias and picks favorites. Development in minimal from management team especially store manager and associate manager. Assistant managers are good leaders. Hardest part of the job is not being acknowledged for all the hard work you put in, manager seems to take the credit for the work of associates and assistant managers. Most enjoyable part is working with the team under me, they worked very hard for me. Enjoyed training, developing and being around them. Review is location based. Company has very nice discount policy and pretty good benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), MontrealMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at Banana Republic is helping clients with anything they need. It starts from finding them the right clothing to the right size and followed by passing them at the cash. I have learned how to interact with people and how to react when people aren't so nice. Co-workers are amazing. There isn't really any hard part about working there. I make my workplace enjoyable.
part time job
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee), torontoMarch 10, 2015
good fun - great discount
lots of standing and at times a very busy store
Lots of management turn over
learned a lot about people and their moods
retail is not for everyone
Great People!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Moncton, NBMarch 9, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no secure hours.
A very friendly environment with great management. Great customer service was enforced regularly. Awesome cash and computer system. Great Co-Workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Montreal RocklandFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: 15 min breaks and sometimes free lunches or snacks
Cons: the management team won't give hours if they don't like you
Id say the most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer smile or when they remember you ( in a good way ) when they come back shopping again and ask how Iv been. And the co-workers are the second reason of why I enjoy working at Banana Republic. They are interesting and kind people that will make you forget about the negative moments you had during the day.
Productive and fun workplace with awesome people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: awesome staff
Cons: typical retail cons
Productive and fun workplace with awesome people and (usually) awesome customers! Management is really nice and great, and so are the other employees. Their positive attitude make it easy to get along with everyone and to boost the mood of other employees, which often may result in better customer service for shoppers.
People are rude and the culture is terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee), toronto, ontairoJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: breaks in between shifts
Cons: long endless hours.
shifts are Super long hours at odd times of the day. Compensation is provincial minimum.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecJanuary 5, 2015
Banana Republic is a nice and fun place to work, employes are very friendly and everyone gets along.
Great place to start as a first job.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great team, employee benefits.
Cons: no steady hours, shifts vary from opening shift to mid-day to closing.
The Banana Republic at Vaughan Mills has a great management team and co-workers. Everyone respects one another and teamwork is what helps strive the business success. Whether you are on the sales floor, fits or cashwrap, there are certain targets you have to try to meet which are reasonable. Everyone works as a team and as long as management sees you are doing your best, that's what they care about the most because they know the store won't meet its target every time. Great place to get experience in retail especially in customer service. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is able to interact with the co-workers and customers as that leads to a strong friendship formation.
Very nice environment to work in, very fast pace.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughn, OntarioOctober 3, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: long hours
A day at work was a simple clock in and get to work. Banana Republic Factory Store Vaughn Mills is always busy especially on weekends. I learned to handle many customers politely in prioritized manner keeping customers satisfied.
High expectations from management, great discounts, great people to work with
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: the discount
Cons: hours were only given to particular individuals who were favorites of management
- Too many employees and little hours to go around, management very bias and give majority of their hours to a few of their favourites
- The people you work with are awesome and very friendly
- No training, you learn to do everything yourself and will get into trouble if you don't do it well the first time
Organized structure, promotes comunity involvement
General Manager (Current Employee), OntarioSeptember 7, 2014
Company provides excellent training and support. Organized structure.