Banana Republic Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and relaxed workplace
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
Fun sales job. Relaxed environment. If you're doing your job and do it well, managers make sure to take care of you.

Pay however, is mediocre and there seems to be no sales incentives.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier/Greeter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: flexible
Talk to guests and customers, learned valuable people skills, and multitasking and styling customers, fun atmosphere and co workers, management is friendly.
Fun individuals to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: sometimes will be really dead
I learned a lot about myself and how I can handle myself in pressure situations also I gained great amounts of customer service and salesmen ship
Very Productive and fast paced environment to work in.
Merchandise Presentation Supervisor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 14, 2016
Working at Banana Republic each day is different. With new and exciting merchandise coming in weekly, dealing with sell thru we are kept busy. Working daily with staff and customers I have learned a great deal and have further developed my leadership skills. Working with my team and creating a compelling store environment is my most enjoyable part of my job.
Great job for students
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Don Mills, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: everyone was very nice
Cons: short shifts max 4-5 hours
-Co-workers were all amazing individuals
-Taught me a lot when it came to women clothing
-If it is dead and everything is organized its the worst thing ever because management keep barking at you to sell more even if one customer walking in every 2 hours
-everyone was really nice
-only thing is that's a big downside to this job is if there are no customers they still expect you pull out sales out of thin air
A great place to work!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Snacks and DVDs where you can enjoy in the lunch room; outings with some of the employees, clothing
Cons: sometimes long hours, when it`s not busy, alot of the same repetitive tasks, wages
I enjoyed working for BR while I was there. I had alot of fun with the employees and the work ethic was superb. We were able to do our work while enjoy our time with eachother. Clients and the environment made it alot of fun and added an exciting mix to the job.
There were a few downsides to the job, especially when it came to dealing with certain management team members. A couple of them were very tattle tail type people or just micromanagers. Namely the stock supervisor at the Burlington store. She tends to just write you off once you make one mistake.
I professionally don`t think that is a justifyable reason to remove someone from a position, however an opportunity to coach them to be a better worker. That`s what a true manager does, unless you see a real justifyable reason why they don`t want the person to continue.
But overall, a great company to work for.
Excellent employer
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 27, 2015
Excellent Employer. Learned a lot about retail sales and customer service. Seasonal employee now looking for part time work. management fair and helpful
I had a great time at Banana Republic
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 25, 2015
It was a great environment and they really treated me with respect and kindness. They did all they could to make sure that the employees had fun while they did their jobs.
Productive and fun
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSDecember 21, 2015
Working at Banana Republic as an brand ambassador helped me to learn a lot about professional world of retail and helped me to put my passion of communication into my work. Working environment was very fun and productive at the same time.
Striving to keep on trend
Merch Presentation Supervisor (Current Employee), pointe claireOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Variety
Cons: Overworked at times
Review the numbers across the district, check the daily promos, accept the shipments, set goals for the team, give important daily product info to the team in order to boost sales, implement new visual displays and merch the new product. Aid at cash when rush time arrives. Give breaks in timely order to all employees of the day. Solve any client issues that may arise. Give a customer service that goes beyond what other competitors offer. Educate clients of our tissues and how to care for our pieces. Help make outifts to please clients. Execute windows and icons as needed and meet dealines assigned by head office. Re merch in order to better accomodate promos in store.Add and cut shifts in function of the business. Replenish the floor to ensure good sales, give constructive feedback to employees on how to improve on sales floor.Openings and closings. At times overnight shift to place new flow. Guide team through markdowns and markups. Managing my time and prioritizing throughout the day. Started working at the flagship BR in 2006 upon its opening. Been at fairview since March 2015. Multitasking is how to stay on top when you are in a small volume store. Each day is varied and we must all be very dynamic in order to keep on top and remain a competitor on retail business. We rely greatly on the productivity of one another to keep pushing ahead as a team.
Not the best people to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vaughn, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: The fellow new hires I met.
Cons: People I worked with and environment.
My day consisted of greeting guests, folding/hanging and putting back clothes in their proper area, cashing guests out, getting different sizes for guests from the back of the store and cleaning the store at the end of the work day. I learned how to manage many different tasks when you have to do them all at once. I was not a fan of the management and my co-workers. The reason for this is because as much as they made it seem that they wanted to help everyone and that it was a friendly environment, it was actually the total opposite. Everyone was rude and snarky; being one way to your face another behind your back. I personally was not a fan of this high school behaviour which was even coming from my managers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the codes that were suppose to be used especially because of all the traffic in the store around Christmas and New Years. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all my fellow new hires.
Great Company to work for
MERCHANDISE PRESENTATION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 17, 2015
A typical day at work starts at 8 in the morning, ends at 5 in the afternoon. Great in talent development and acquisition.
nice
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee), Laval, QCSeptember 6, 2015
nice not bad good really fine wouldnt do it again good experience learned alot great co-workers not bad managment enjoyable job
loss prevention agent
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Vancouver BCSeptember 1, 2015
walk the floor, conduct surveillance, deter losses by training the staff on prevention methods. Perform according to policy, teaching about shrinkage and shortage to staff.
Engaging and constant
Sales Support (Former Employee), Montreal, Canadá.September 1, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: different shifts every week.
Excellent management staff, pursuing and achieving engagement by all employees. Overall, chemistry within and out of working place was good.
Working with great people, managers and co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 20, 2015
Making sure the store is clean at all times. Doing mark downs, put up proper signage, and involve in customer service. Learning how the store is operated and how to improve customer service. Managers and co-workers are a joy to work with, they are very helpful and willing to share their experience. The hardest part of the job is the instability of hours given and the most enjoyable is working with great people and learning from them.
Steady and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Clothe discount
Cons: customer service expereince
A typical day at Banana Republic you start with an introduction to what the day goal is and then in which area you will be working on. Later on you start your shift and start acknowledging what the customer's need is.
Great job for students
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Notre-Dame, QCJuly 10, 2015
Honestly, this job is great for students. they allow you to create you're own schedule by asking you what times you are available to work. This makes this job stress free and very appealing for students. You can also get days of easily thank to this, and this will benefit you when you have exams coming up.
Productive and fun working space
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2015
There is considerable room for a person to move up in the company. Management is considerate and understanding to individuals' needs.
Sales associate
Sales Associate, General (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2015
Interact with customers, fold clothes, stay organized, work as a team. Deal with sudden rushes, handle cash, keep tidy
Headquarters