Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Vibrant and Professional work place
Sales Associate, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 July 2016
Banana Republic's overall environment was productive and engaging. The management exemplified strong leadership and promoted task oriented schedules. The environment encouraged a strong team spirit which maximized efficiency and the overall organization of the store. Enabled employees to develop a broad range of social skills by hosting many training meetings and leadership programs.
Pros
Beautiful historic building
Cons
long work shift
It is not friendly environment and people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 July 2016
I learned how to manage many different tasks and how work the job at a store. I did not like of the management and my co-workers. The reason for this is because it was not a friendly environment. Everyone was rude and snarky; being one way to your face another behind your back. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all my fellow new hires and the discounts.
Pros
co-workers not friendly
Cons
beneficits
I love this company and location.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada29 October 2016
This company has been amazing and the employees and managers are so friendly and caring! From teaching me things that I need to do and teaching to be disciplined with how I work, I will forever be thankful for my time here.
Pros
Awesome discount and benefits.
the worst employer so far....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB4 November 2016
Employer do not care about employees, cover harassment and bulling.
I would like to ask everybody who are not treat well at this company to file the complain. Maybe this way we can fight bad management at the stores.
Pros
there no pros
Cons
harassement, bulling
Time at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON8 September 2016
Sold clothes to customers

When no one came in there was a lot of down time folding clothes

Assistant managers were nice, easy to talk to and helpful, head manager was rude and had a very fake personality
Not good for wages.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
Terrible wages but the people you meet are great, it seems the store in yorkdale was great at one point. There were legitimate interactions with guests which was great, though the decline of such interactions began closer to the time I left. Sales became more important.
Good atmosphere and product
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2016
Not the best place to make money or a career at...

But it's a good place to go work to. The team spirit is good, managers respect the employees and their needs.

The product you're selling is great and customers are interesting to serve.
Pros
teamwork, good environment
Cons
pay, promotion opportunity
Br
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC7 May 2016
Banana Republic is a great work environment with a wonderful team to work with. You are always learning something new everything and are able to work while also having fun. Management is great, human resources are always there for you no matter the issue. The bonus was always very appreciated as well.
Good Solid Retail Experience
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
Strong Organization with well intentioned people focus. Strong communication and organization approach. Great place to learn the retail business and advance your career.
Pros
Communication, Organization, Pay, Benefits
Cons
retail schedule
Good job for university
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
Good job for university but thats pretty much it. I wouldnt work here if I had actual dreams. It's basic retail but customers are just ruder and more entitled.
Very Productive and fast paced environment to work in.
Merchandise Presentation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 February 2016
Working at Banana Republic each day is different. With new and exciting merchandise coming in weekly, dealing with sell thru we are kept busy. Working daily with staff and customers I have learned a great deal and have further developed my leadership skills. Working with my team and creating a compelling store environment is my most enjoyable part of my job.
loved working here
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC19 July 2016
low pay , no commission, usually send u home if its not busy, waste of time coming to work, management is very good but clique"
Great job for students
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON30 January 2016
-Co-workers were all amazing individuals
-Taught me a lot when it came to women clothing
-If it is dead and everything is organized its the worst thing ever because management keep barking at you to sell more even if one customer walking in every 2 hours
-everyone was really nice
-only thing is that's a big downside to this job is if there are no customers they still expect you pull out sales out of thin air
Pros
everyone was very nice
Cons
short shifts max 4-5 hours
Friendly environment
Operation and Technologies Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 May 2016
Very friendly environment with management always helping with your growth in the company. Many training programs to ensure employee success.
Serious workplace
Sales Associate/Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
- Our guest is our priority.
- Assist in Cash when needed.
- Process merchandise from fits to floor.
- Help in overnight shipments and markdowns.
- Merchandising.
Fun and relaxed workplace
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2016
Fun sales job. Relaxed environment. If you're doing your job and do it well, managers make sure to take care of you.

Pay however, is mediocre and there seems to be no sales incentives.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier/Greeter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2016
Talk to guests and customers, learned valuable people skills, and multitasking and styling customers, fun atmosphere and co workers, management is friendly.
Pros
flexible
Fun individuals to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 February 2016
I learned a lot about myself and how I can handle myself in pressure situations also I gained great amounts of customer service and salesmen ship
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
sometimes will be really dead
A great place to work!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 January 2016
I enjoyed working for BR while I was there. I had alot of fun with the employees and the work ethic was superb. We were able to do our work while enjoy our time with eachother. Clients and the environment made it alot of fun and added an exciting mix to the job.
There were a few downsides to the job, especially when it came to dealing with certain management team members. A couple of them were very tattle tail type people or just micromanagers. Namely the stock supervisor at the Burlington store. She tends to just write you off once you make one mistake.
I professionally don`t think that is a justifyable reason to remove someone from a position, however an opportunity to coach them to be a better worker. That`s what a true manager does, unless you see a real justifyable reason why they don`t want the person to continue.
But overall, a great company to work for.
Pros
Snacks and DVDs where you can enjoy in the lunch room; outings with some of the employees, clothing
Cons
sometimes long hours, when it`s not busy, alot of the same repetitive tasks, wages
Productive and fun
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 December 2015
Working at Banana Republic as an brand ambassador helped me to learn a lot about professional world of retail and helped me to put my passion of communication into my work. Working environment was very fun and productive at the same time.