Banana Republic Employee Reviews

the hours are not always dependable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC5 June 2017
it is a very welcoming environment,
can be very accommodating
the most enjoyable part of the job is helping my customers being attentive to their style needs for example it is very important to get to know and understand your clients be able to if necessary nudge them out of their comfort zone and receive a satisfying response, make them more open to change.
the hardest part of the job is the undependable hours.
Pros
satisfying my clients
Cons
hours are not dependable
Retail 101
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Banana Republic is like any other retailer. Nothing special. It is all about making the day's quota and selling as much merchandise as possible. It can be exhausting.
Medicore at best
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 June 2017
Working at Banana Republic was a good part-time experience. However, the company itself rarely gives its employees any hours, so I would not recommend this to someone as a full time gig
A great retail job experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 May 2017
- a highly productive and motivating workplace
- learned how to enhance the customer shopping experience
- able to engage with co- workers and management effectively
great place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2017
Gap is a great company to work for. They give you everything you need to succeed in your role and compensate you really well. I would highly recommend looking at Gap if you are looking for a career in retail
Lots to know
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 May 2017
product knowledge is key to succeeding well in this company
although there is a target sales number that you need to meet each day, commission was not included in such.

overall, great people to work with
Like the people I work with
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2017
The overall group of people I work with our great, but some are not good at their jobs and aren't being let go do to "policy" on strikes and warning. As well, management is constantly in my ear about numbers and on my back and I can't stand that. I'm good at what I do, let me do my job and stay out of my ear.
Cons
Terrible pay
Stern workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
I enjoyed my time here surrounded by fun loving co-workers; however, management was overly controlling and made the environment somewhat uncomfortable.
Productive and Fun
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Really great place to work. A lot of time was spent given formal training at the begging of the period. The managers were amazing and really on top of their game.
Fun and Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON17 April 2017
Banana Republic was an awesome company to work for. The staff and management were very kind, management was always understanding and accommodating and the hours were good as well. the company was always rewarding the individual stores that meant certain sales goals with money for staff meetings, staff outings, and stuff for the staff room.
Brand Ambassador at Banana Republic
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
Overall experience at Banana Republic was pleasant. Management is always readily available and team leads are also very helpful in terms of coaching and aiding in closing sales. Although not commission based, you do feel a pressure to make targets and stand out (much like in all retail environments). Movement and capability to advance is slim as most positions are held by veterans despite performance.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No advancements, management dependent
Awesome place to work
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON17 April 2017
It was great working here, the management was the best! Could not have asked for a better place to work! And the work was pretty easy just make sure everything is was stoked and looked nice.
Decent place.
Cashwrap Specialist/Leader, Part-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 April 2017
You are busy, but be expected to do things outside of your job expectations. There is a high demand to do more than you are paid for, even if you are unable to. Fun at the beginning.
Banana Republic
Merchandise Presentation Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
Definitely a secure safe choice for somebody that wants to remain in one place for long periods of time. Talent Development is slow, which leaves the company with mediocre staff in positions they attained only by waiting for good people to move on.
Fun Job
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 April 2017
Laid back environment
Friendly competition every now and them for prizes, ie) who can make the most sales in a day or week
Hardest part of the job is dealing with vulgar customers
Very straightforward work to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 April 2017
The general manger is very good, however less experienced managers need more mentoring and feedback on their skills. It can also get really busy around the holidays.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
High turnover of staff, low wages, no commission, they try to keep their costs low and do that at the expense of employee benefits
learn about teamwork, working together and helping each other
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 April 2017
I learnt about how good teamworks can be done effectively by working together and helping each other. Fun, sociable environment but professional workplace
Great team and very easy going experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2017
Rarely is the job very challenging or demanding. The employees are great people and make the work experience very fun. Interacting with others throughout the day made the job easier as well. Management is not always 100% organized as it is constantly changing with managers being promoted.
Pros
Great team and workplace culture
Cons
Management team is constantly changing
fun and relax work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2017
I truly enjoyed my time at Banana Republic. Management was friendly and worked closely with everyone on the sales floor. my biggest issue would probably have to be the shift schedules that you would from time to time get of closing the store one night and having to open the next day. Other than that it was a fun and relax work environment.
Pros
friendly and relax
Cons
not great benefits
Fun, dynamic workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 March 2017
Great staff and management! Fairly flexible work schedule hours, friendly and outgoing staff, and dynamic work environment which makes it an enjoyable experience. Would definitely recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval