Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2017
I like the organizational culture, teamwork and benefits for the employees.
As you have the opportunity to choose your availability, you can balance the work and life.
Productive and fast paced
Sales & Stock Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
Great team, good management. Creative and fast paced work environment. Helpful team. Meeting new people and interacting with different cultures is the most fun part of the job. Diverse work environment. Contributes to over a growth and leadership skills.
Fun place to work in.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON15 November 2017
Fun place to work. but not great for people who pays bills. it's ideal for part timers only. decided to quit a month after because it doesn't pay much and due to limited given shifts.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON5 November 2017
Was a great experience, the employees were a great set of people to work with. The managers help with your time needs and are extremely nice and outgoing. The work environment was great.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Square one19 October 2017
It's been a pleasure working for this company. I can geneuinely advise customers to purchase the merchandise as it is high in quality yet still affordable. As well customer service is very good here at banana republic
Pros
Cooperative
Cons
Competitive
Amazing team-oriented staff and management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
From Banana Republic, I've learned so much about professionalism and transferrable skills important for every job on the Market. Working here has me to believe I am confident in my customer service skills on a business level. I wouldn't say there is a difficult part of the job, although there are times when many guests require assistance. However, since I am a tenured associate, I am confident that I can take care of such tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job would be to have such positive team members, including the managers which do not define their positions to the associates that are beneath them.
Pros
Positive Vibe
Cons
4-hour shifts
Flexible hours, friendly coworkers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2017
The work environment was moderately paced to fast paced at times. The co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job or what i disliked the most would when the day was slow and there was no more tasks to preform once your initial duties were complete, resulting in a longer day.
A very knowledgeable and comfortable work place
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC19 September 2017
The managers are very kind and supportive. They care for their employees. It is not a difficult place to work at. The customers that come in are around the area aswell.
Awesome Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 September 2017
You have to know how to keep yourself busy and take initiative, because people aren't always going to tell you what to do. Its a great place to work with a good starting pay.
Pros
30% off of clothes
Cons
Lots of standing
my experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
only good thing i really have to say is paycheques/direct deposits came right away, my fellow sales associates were amazing as well!! Oh and the 50% off items was cool too.
great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2017
great place to work at. staff are mostly friendly and the managers are very understanding and helpful. Very busy in the holidays seasons. often have food in the staff room available for everyone to eat.
Good staff and environment of work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2017
Nice staff. Good environment work. Good moments at work. Very helpful Management staff helping employees to built skills and helping customers at same time.
good place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 August 2017
Great store to work at, very friendly staff. Some days are slow but that gives you the time to clean and organize the store. busy days , all hands on deck. Hardest part of the job , is leaving work at work. I enjoy the staff the most very hard working and friendly.
Good part time job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2017
Good part time job for kids in high school or university. Flexible with hours. Management varies from store to store. Great place to develop interpersonal skills.
Fast paced and busy but fun
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Depending on what store you work at, it can get pretty crazy. My store has incredible rush hours, but the leaders are all amazing at making sure no one actually goes crazy.
Gap Inc pays a lot of attention to employment laws in Ontario, and you are always assured of getting the required breaks for your shift; no one is ever bypassed on that.
The employee discount is quite good.
A job
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2017
At times good management and good people but due to the changing nature of retail landscape you also see good people move on to good things. Fast-paced environment.
Pros
good people
Cons
inconsistent hours
Fantastic Boutique Store Culture
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 August 2017
Despite being a large chain, the Banana Republic stores feels much more like a small boutique store when it comes to the culture and teamwork.

The store often operates like a small family and we can rely on one another to ensure we are meeting our targets and providing the best customer service.

Being in retail there are always bad days. Sometimes it's a nasty customer, other times incidences occur that just simply aren't in our control, and that's usually the hardest part. Dealing with though situations to keep management, corporate, and our customers happy.

Overall, I have really enjoyed my time with Banana Republic.
Pros
Family Oriented Team, Not Commision Based, Stellar Discount
Cons
Un-Paid Lunches
Fast-paced place get ready to go home exhausted every day
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2017
Managers very primarily focused on achieving daily goals at any expense, even well-being of employees.. Very poor regard to effect of management decisions on employees such as scheduling, cutting shifts, and partialism to favoured employees
Pros
50% off original priced items
Cons
Managers constantly need to be reminded to give you your break
work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2017
lots of opportunity within the company but not an environment of work life balance. a high turnaround in both management and associate team. lots of training is available but not enough team enforcement in positive outcome.
customers more important than internal team!
Pros
lots of training available
Cons
do not care much or stand by associates
Worst Job culture
Visual Merchandiser Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2017
The management is not that good. Their employee traffic is high because the company doesn't care on having their employees happy and comfortable in the workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.