Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Great Retail Experience
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON22 February 2017
Working at Yorkdale mall is a fantastic opportunity.
The traffic in the mall is unbelievable and for a brand as big as Banana you have to keep up.
Very fast paced environment, but I love it. The management teams is the glue that holds the team together.
You are surrounded by people, conversations, styling, ideas, friends, and you learn interpersonal skills, self driving and motivating skills, independence, leadership and rolemodeling. You are pushed to make sales and pushed to be your best every day.
The hardest part is making the sales but then that is also the most enjoyable. Talking with people, picking out products that you know will best suit them for their occassion or everyday life based on your first conversation.
The community at Banana Republic is outstanding. I applaud them for their inclusiveness with all employees and open opportunity to communicate with management and freely move around the company.
Pros
Great Hours (if you are hardworking, dedicated and do great with the tasks)
Cons
long hours of standing on your feet to get used to
The work environment is very good and positive.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
On the whole the management, especially the general manger is very good.
However less experienced managers need more mentoring and feedback on their skills. If this happens they will reach their potential for promotion.
The work environment is usually pleasant and affirming.
I have learned that many of the very young part time staff need more training.
Pros
Pleasant work environment with affirmation for good work
Cons
job security
Average
Sales Associate & Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 December 2016
Poor, confused management, overpriced clothing, amongst a few. Relatively low wages with very insignificant raises once in a blue moon. Overall, a useless place to work at.
Ok for first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 December 2016
Personally didn't enjoy. Very stressful, minimum wage, no appreciation and the management was terrible. No consistency, always under extreme pressure with no incentive.. too much work for $10/hr.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Minimum wage, management
Fun environment
Acting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2017
It is a serious company with thons of tools to learn about your job and how to do an excellent customer service. The team is always helpful and most of the time is a really nice place to work.
Pros
low salary
Cons
Good environment
I love this company and location.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada29 October 2016
This company has been amazing and the employees and managers are so friendly and caring! From teaching me things that I need to do and teaching to be disciplined with how I work, I will forever be thankful for my time here.
Pros
Awesome discount and benefits.
the worst employer so far....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB4 November 2016
Employer do not care about employees, cover harassment and bulling.
I would like to ask everybody who are not treat well at this company to file the complain. Maybe this way we can fight bad management at the stores.
Pros
there no pros
Cons
harassement, bulling
Sales Associate
Back Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall Toronto20 November 2016
I had a great team who always motivated me to work hard and make my budget each day. with working on commission I was motivated to engage and sell along with naturally being good with people.
Vibrant and Professional work place
Sales Associate, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 July 2016
Banana Republic's overall environment was productive and engaging. The management exemplified strong leadership and promoted task oriented schedules. The environment encouraged a strong team spirit which maximized efficiency and the overall organization of the store. Enabled employees to develop a broad range of social skills by hosting many training meetings and leadership programs.
Pros
Beautiful historic building
Cons
long work shift
It is not friendly environment and people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 July 2016
I learned how to manage many different tasks and how work the job at a store. I did not like of the management and my co-workers. The reason for this is because it was not a friendly environment. Everyone was rude and snarky; being one way to your face another behind your back. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all my fellow new hires and the discounts.
Pros
co-workers not friendly
Cons
beneficits
Fun and Professional Environment
Operations Supervisor/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
Is a great working environment. The company system is awesome, the policy and the product quality are so amazing.

You will able to work with experienced People and you will learn a lot that will help you grow in your professional and personal development.

I recommend to anyone who wants to excel in Retail Business to apply at Banana Republic.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
flexible hours
sales associate
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Humber offers FREE Employment Services for all job seekers and employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). These services are open to anyone in the community, including students. We offer a broad range of programs and services to assist youth, newcomers, aboriginal peoples, unemployed individuals and others, to obtain meaningful work opportunities.
Fashion at its finest
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON15 February 2017
I enjoyed all the individuals I met both within the store and at the Home Office. The company created a fun fashion orientated environment with many external rewards. People we not however the main priority and were sometimes overlooked or bypassed but generally a good work environment at store level.
Pros
flexable work hours
Cons
short staffed
The worst employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC11 December 2016
This must have been the worst place for anyone to have ever worked at. They would schedule you for 3.75 hour shifts so they wouldn't have to give you a break. The store was always dusty. A lot of miscommunication between managers who always tried to undermine the others abilities.

Only good thing was the discounts you get as an employee at Banana, Gap and Old Navy.
Excellent opportunity for me to break into a retail environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON12 February 2017
Wonderful team environment with excellent opportunity to develop retail skills and knowledge in all facets of store operations. Perfect opportunity to enter the retail market.
A great place to work!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 January 2016
I enjoyed working for BR while I was there. I had alot of fun with the employees and the work ethic was superb. We were able to do our work while enjoy our time with eachother. Clients and the environment made it alot of fun and added an exciting mix to the job.
There were a few downsides to the job, especially when it came to dealing with certain management team members. A couple of them were very tattle tail type people or just micromanagers. Namely the stock supervisor at the Burlington store. She tends to just write you off once you make one mistake.
I professionally don`t think that is a justifyable reason to remove someone from a position, however an opportunity to coach them to be a better worker. That`s what a true manager does, unless you see a real justifyable reason why they don`t want the person to continue.
But overall, a great company to work for.
Pros
Snacks and DVDs where you can enjoy in the lunch room; outings with some of the employees, clothing
Cons
sometimes long hours, when it`s not busy, alot of the same repetitive tasks, wages
Fun casual environement
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
Nice work environment, friendly and provide great service to customers. Create great loyal customers. Very flexible when taking off and switching shifts with staff.
Pros
free lunch on holidays
Good Solid Retail Experience
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
Strong Organization with well intentioned people focus. Strong communication and organization approach. Great place to learn the retail business and advance your career.
Pros
Communication, Organization, Pay, Benefits
Cons
retail schedule
loved working here
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC19 July 2016
low pay , no commission, usually send u home if its not busy, waste of time coming to work, management is very good but clique"
Br
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC7 May 2016
Banana Republic is a great work environment with a wonderful team to work with. You are always learning something new everything and are able to work while also having fun. Management is great, human resources are always there for you no matter the issue. The bonus was always very appreciated as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Banana Republic. Our community is ready to answer.