Banana Republic Employee Reviews

Excellent opportunity for me to break into a retail environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON12 February 2017
Wonderful team environment with excellent opportunity to develop retail skills and knowledge in all facets of store operations. Perfect opportunity to enter the retail market.
sales associate
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Humber offers FREE Employment Services for all job seekers and employers across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). These services are open to anyone in the community, including students. We offer a broad range of programs and services to assist youth, newcomers, aboriginal peoples, unemployed individuals and others, to obtain meaningful work opportunities.
Fun environment
Acting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2017
It is a serious company with thons of tools to learn about your job and how to do an excellent customer service. The team is always helpful and most of the time is a really nice place to work.
Pros
low salary
Cons
Good environment
Ok for first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 December 2016
Personally didn't enjoy. Very stressful, minimum wage, no appreciation and the management was terrible. No consistency, always under extreme pressure with no incentive.. too much work for $10/hr.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Minimum wage, management
Average
Sales Associate & Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 December 2016
Poor, confused management, overpriced clothing, amongst a few. Relatively low wages with very insignificant raises once in a blue moon. Overall, a useless place to work at.
The worst employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC11 December 2016
This must have been the worst place for anyone to have ever worked at. They would schedule you for 3.75 hour shifts so they wouldn't have to give you a break. The store was always dusty. A lot of miscommunication between managers who always tried to undermine the others abilities.

Only good thing was the discounts you get as an employee at Banana, Gap and Old Navy.
Fun and Professional Environment
Operations Supervisor/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
Is a great working environment. The company system is awesome, the policy and the product quality are so amazing.

You will able to work with experienced People and you will learn a lot that will help you grow in your professional and personal development.

I recommend to anyone who wants to excel in Retail Business to apply at Banana Republic.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
flexible hours
Sales Associate
Back Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale Mall Toronto20 November 2016
I had a great team who always motivated me to work hard and make my budget each day. with working on commission I was motivated to engage and sell along with naturally being good with people.
the worst employer so far....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB4 November 2016
Employer do not care about employees, cover harassment and bulling.
I would like to ask everybody who are not treat well at this company to file the complain. Maybe this way we can fight bad management at the stores.
Pros
there no pros
Cons
harassement, bulling
I love this company and location.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada29 October 2016
This company has been amazing and the employees and managers are so friendly and caring! From teaching me things that I need to do and teaching to be disciplined with how I work, I will forever be thankful for my time here.
Pros
Awesome discount and benefits.
Time at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON8 September 2016
Sold clothes to customers

When no one came in there was a lot of down time folding clothes

Assistant managers were nice, easy to talk to and helpful, head manager was rude and had a very fake personality
Vibrant and Professional work place
Sales Associate, Greeter (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 July 2016
Banana Republic's overall environment was productive and engaging. The management exemplified strong leadership and promoted task oriented schedules. The environment encouraged a strong team spirit which maximized efficiency and the overall organization of the store. Enabled employees to develop a broad range of social skills by hosting many training meetings and leadership programs.
Pros
Beautiful historic building
Cons
long work shift
It is not friendly environment and people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 July 2016
I learned how to manage many different tasks and how work the job at a store. I did not like of the management and my co-workers. The reason for this is because it was not a friendly environment. Everyone was rude and snarky; being one way to your face another behind your back. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all my fellow new hires and the discounts.
Pros
co-workers not friendly
Cons
beneficits
loved working here
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC19 July 2016
low pay , no commission, usually send u home if its not busy, waste of time coming to work, management is very good but clique"
Good job for university
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
Good job for university but thats pretty much it. I wouldnt work here if I had actual dreams. It's basic retail but customers are just ruder and more entitled.
Not good for wages.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2016
Terrible wages but the people you meet are great, it seems the store in yorkdale was great at one point. There were legitimate interactions with guests which was great, though the decline of such interactions began closer to the time I left. Sales became more important.
Friendly environment
Operation and Technologies Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 May 2016
Very friendly environment with management always helping with your growth in the company. Many training programs to ensure employee success.
Good atmosphere and product
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2016
Not the best place to make money or a career at...

But it's a good place to go work to. The team spirit is good, managers respect the employees and their needs.

The product you're selling is great and customers are interesting to serve.
Pros
teamwork, good environment
Cons
pay, promotion opportunity
Serious workplace
Sales Associate/Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
- Our guest is our priority.
- Assist in Cash when needed.
- Process merchandise from fits to floor.
- Help in overnight shipments and markdowns.
- Merchandising.
Br
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC7 May 2016
Banana Republic is a great work environment with a wonderful team to work with. You are always learning something new everything and are able to work while also having fun. Management is great, human resources are always there for you no matter the issue. The bonus was always very appreciated as well.