Balzac's Coffee Roasters Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
If you want to cry work here
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Ontario28 October 2017
Management does not stand up for its baristas when they are harassed. Customer comes first even if it means throwing your employees under the bus. We don't get paid enough to lose our dignity. Management should grow some balls.
Pros
Good coffee
Cons
Crying
Flexible hours and fast pace
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 October 2017
Fast pace job but very enjoyable
Great management and flexible hours
You can easily learn a lot about coffee roasting and how to extract the perfcect creme
Pros
Good coffee
good cafe
Barista (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2017
Great team and great hours, no late evenings. The regular customers are the best ever. Never been at a more comfortable cafe. Hard to get parking though.
Horrible place to be
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 June 2017
A typical work day Is 8 hours. If you're the opener for the day you have to be there for 6:30 AM. usually pretty easy going until the next person comes in for 9 AM. You get the help and you don't have a lot expected of you. Mid-day shift is the hardest one. You are expected to do 90% of the cleaning. The duties are not split up equally. If your closing you are usually left for a span of 3 hours alone. Even if it's a busy night. The management Is cruel. They Expect perfection all the time and if you make a mistake it could cost your job. Even if the mistake wasn't something that couldn't be fixed or explained. They treat you like robots instead of people. The people I worked with were nice. We all got along and helped each other the best we could. I learned how to make Latte are which was pretty fun.The hardest part of the job is feeling expendable 24/7. no job security and that's stressful if you need to pay rent and live. There are no Benefits. Room for advancement is non-existant. It's a dead end job that pays barely enough to live on.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Bad Management
Great learning experience
Barista (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON8 May 2017
I have learned how to create latte art to put a smile on someone's face when I give them their drink. A good team of people to work with and good customers to deal with. The regular customers can put a smile on your face with a snap of their fingers. Sometimes things fall apart but we all work together and come together to make things better for our location and for the company and management quick.
Pleasant workplace with great product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake14 March 2013
Learned to make great tasting and good looking drinks with a fine espresso machine.