Organization: Balzac’s Coffee Roasters
Position: Café Manager – Toronto Reference Library
Location: Toronto, ON.
Date Posted: December 19, 2013
Application Deadline: January 15, 2013
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Balzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features seven locations as well as a wholesale division. Our focus is simple – to serve an exceptional product in a beautiful environment. Each of our locations has been carefully selected for its historic significance and character. Rich in detail and vintage ephemera, Balzac’s Cafes are perfect venues to delve into a good book, catch up with an old friend, or just simply enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a sweet treat.
We are currently seeking a Café Manager to manage our Toronto Reference Library Location. The position reports to the Director of Operations. The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of Café operation. A commitment and passion for customer service is critical. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing daily operations
- Interview, hiring, training, of new employees
- Mentoring and Lead by example philosophy and practice that will retain and develop the team
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Maintaining of customer service and Café cleanliness standards
- Financial performance and accountability
- Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory controls
- Managing customer concerns and responses
- Being an Ambassador for all company products and practices
- Barista experience preferred
- University degree or College Diploma – Business, Hospitality, Food Service preferred
- Minimum five years experience in a related position, at least two of those in a Supervisory or higher capacity
- Financial Aptitude – Able to use financial data to analyze, adjust, and make the best possible decisions for the business. Demonstrated full P&L accountability.
- Experienced in ordering, receiving, inventory, and shrink controls
- Experience that ensures scheduling practices are appropriate to business levels
- Store Merchandising experience and proven ability to drive sales culture
- Computer skills including aptitude in key Microsoft Office applications – excel, word, powerpoint
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and proven multi-tasking ability
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
- Ability to lead and inspire with the confidence to make decisions
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Balzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features seven locations as well as a wholesale division. Our focus is simple – to serve an...