Organization: Balzac’s Coffee Roasters
Position: Café Manager – Toronto Reference Library
Location: Toronto, ON.
Date Posted: December 19, 2013
Application Deadline: January 15, 2013
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Balzac’s Coffee Roasters opened in 1996 and now features seven locations as well as a wholesale division. Our focus is simple – to serve an exceptional product in a beautiful environment. Each of our locations has been carefully selected for its historic significance and character. Rich in detail and vintage ephemera, Balzac’s Cafes are perfect venues to delve into a good book, catch up with an old friend, or just simply enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a sweet treat.
We are currently seeking a Café Manager to manage our Toronto Reference Library Location. The position reports to the Director of Operations. The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of Café operation. A commitment and passion for customer service is critical. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing daily operations
- Interview, hiring, training, of new employees
- Mentoring and Lead by example philosophy and practice that will retain and develop the team
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Maintaining of customer service and Café cleanliness standards
- Financial performance and accountability
- Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory controls
- Managing customer concerns and responses
- Being an Ambassador for all company products and practices
- Barista experience preferred
- University degree or College Diploma – Business, Hospitality, Food Service preferred
- Minimum five years experience in a related position, at least two of those in a Supervisory or higher capacity
- Financial Aptitude – Able to use financial data to analyze, adjust, and make the best possible decisions for the business. Demonstrated full P&L accountability.
- Experienced in ordering, receiving, inventory, and shrink controls
- Experience that ensures scheduling practices are appropriate to business levels
- Store Merchandising experience and proven ability to drive sales culture
- Computer skills including aptitude in key Microsoft Office applications – excel, word, powerpoint
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and proven multi-tasking ability
- Willingness to accept the most effective role
- Ability to lead and inspire with the confidence to make decisions
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.