Bally Technologies

Bally Technologies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job culture positive
Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Compensated vwey well for job title. No advancement opportunities,
Learnt corporate work culture.
Internship (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free coffee.
Cons: no pay for interns.
As an intern, I was taken care of by my guide professionally. He helped with resources and work. I learnt C#, developed an organizer application and learnt using Magento an e-commerce CMS and developed an intranet e-commerce website.
Many stay forever, but they don't move very far
Firmware Engineer I (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful area, somewhat relaxed atmosphere, people are good
Cons: mediocre pay, mediocre time off, one would certainly need other hobbies for fulfillment - this is just a job.
Many of the people I worked with had been at the company for 7+ years. However, they were still working the same job as when they started.
The company was recently purchased, and many people were laid off. Where the company is going now is anyone's guess.
The gaming world itself is in decline in the US, so these companies are having trouble growing – more... at all, and will probably contract over time. – less
Good
Senior QA Lead Analyst (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 30, 2014
It is a very good company.Good work culture and growth opportunities.
Signifiant disfunctionality throughout the company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Cons: provincial and juvenile attitude of some managers and directors.
In spite of the very talented co-workers and employees I worked with during the 11 months I was employed there, management seemed to lack professional training. I was told some were simply appointed by higher level managers who were choosing friends and relatives instead of seeking the most qualified. My supervisor, who is in his 6th or 7th year there, – more... clued my in on the recent history of the company. I'm glad I'm no longer there. – less
Fast paced manufacturing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good location.
Cons: highly fluctuating work environment
Constant review of flow and improvement processes. I've been able to advance my position and knowledge greatly in this environment. management fluctuations provided new ideas and encouraged new suggestions.
Bally review
Sr. Manager - Database & Performance Engineering (Former Employee), RenoJuly 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers, team environment
Cons: travel
Co-workers were the best; HR Department run by a great team; lots of travel though.
Great FUN place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NV 89119July 28, 2014
Bally Tech is one of Vegas Best companies to work for! Great culture and environment, benefits and comp!
Worst place to work as game designer
Technical Artist II / Animator, Gaming (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 27, 2014
Poor management and no vision of gaming industry. No reimbursement ebing forced to visit casinos to research competitors games. Hostile environment for female artists. Not a place any artist should consider as a career as a game artist or animator.
No Work/Life Balance
Enterprise Data Controller (Current Employee), Kennesaw,GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: boring
Poor Work Life Balance poor management skills bad job culture
Fun Place and a completely different industry to work with
Engineer Associate Software Quality Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreJuly 2, 2014
Pros: one can learn how to play poker while doing there job
Cons: sometimes have to stretch and have to come in weekends, less onsite oppportunity
Amazing work place to begin, A lot more things to learn. People are always ready to help. Always you will be working in new things
...
Enterprise Data Controller (Former Employee), Kennesaw,GAJune 12, 2014
I improved my skills because I worked in an team where most of them are more experienced than me and I worked in multiple complex projects.
ok company... but not recommended
customer service rep 1 (Former Employee), las vegas nvJune 6, 2014
Pros: nothing i can think of
Cons: everything
I was employed by this company. management never took responsibility for any issues that arose. rather than seeing the potential in each individual, they criticize you. they overstress you. if you have family, be ready to not see them often. management leaves whenever they please and are not around to help when needed. you need to learn everything on – more... your own.. poor training. – less
It is ok to work there
Install Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas,NVMay 27, 2014
Cons: 401k
I have learned to troubleshoot games and i have fun at it.My co-workers are good to work with.the part about my job is the games are so big now that it is hard to move.It was fun at one time.
Best Team/Department in Bally Technologies
Lead Engineer - Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2014
Pros: flexible
- Grown with the Product as part of the team
- Really Good Management
Not a place i would recommend to work.
production tester (Former Employee), las vegasApril 25, 2014
Pros: provided food for ot workers
Cons: poor management
Worked as tester for 5 years, one of 3 who wasn't Filipino. Keeps wages low that way. No job security, longtime employees fired for a higher ups mistake. I got axed due to cutback, big risk if oldest in dept. Treated employees well, just an evil HR dept.
fun place and great work culture
Intern for Human Resources Department (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: tight deadlines
Being an intern treated no less than real worker. Great mentor for intern
Second Best Gaming Company
Executive Assistant/ Paralegal (Current Employee), Las VEgas NevadaMarch 16, 2014
Always challenging, learning experience, keep a positive attitude and give it your all.
Excellent place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 7, 2014
very cool place to work with and usually ends up to have long term contracts. Do opt to work in this place
Poor culture... no teamwork
Engineer (Former Employee), Reno , NVFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: some company activities bbq's and events
Cons: working for this company at all
Long hours are common place. Constantly frustrated by the lack of team interaction. Lack of effective planning and requirements analysis are often to blame for the long hours. Corporate culture is defined by rush rush attitude and constant team conflict surrounding fixing fault rather than fixing problems. Can be a friendly atmosphere as long as you – more... and your team are not the focal point for issues and blame assignment.

Pay is fair to start, but seldom increases more than cost of living, without a position change or significant promotion. No real rewards system. The company is driven by short term profit and short term thinking. This thinking tends to restrict training opportunities.

Training is rapid and mediocre when you can get it. This is due to cost concerns and poor staffing again driven by short term thinking. – less

1 2 3

About Bally Technologies

Bally Technologies helps keep the casinos buzzing. The firm is a leading manufacturer and supplier of casino gaming machines, – Read more