Bally Technologies

Bally Technologies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced manufacturing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good location.
Cons: highly fluctuating work environment
Constant review of flow and improvement processes. I've been able to advance my position and knowledge greatly in this environment. management fluctuations provided new ideas and encouraged new suggestions.
Bally review
Sr. Manager - Database & Performance Engineering (Former Employee), RenoJuly 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers, team environment
Cons: travel
Co-workers were the best; HR Department run by a great team; lots of travel though.
Great FUN place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NV 89119July 28, 2014
Bally Tech is one of Vegas Best companies to work for! Great culture and environment, benefits and comp!
Worst place to work as game designer
Technical Artist II / Animator, Gaming (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 27, 2014
Poor management and no vision of gaming industry. No reimbursement ebing forced to visit casinos to research competitors games. Hostile environment for female artists. Not a place any artist should consider as a career as a game artist or animator.
No Work/Life Balance
Enterprise Data Controller (Current Employee), Kennesaw,GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: boring
Poor Work Life Balance poor management skills bad job culture
Fun Place and a completely different industry to work with
Engineer Associate Software Quality Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreJuly 2, 2014
Pros: one can learn how to play poker while doing there job
Cons: sometimes have to stretch and have to come in weekends, less onsite oppportunity
Amazing work place to begin, A lot more things to learn. People are always ready to help. Always you will be working in new things
...
Enterprise Data Controller (Former Employee), Kennesaw,GAJune 12, 2014
I improved my skills because I worked in an team where most of them are more experienced than me and I worked in multiple complex projects.
ok company... but not recommended
customer service rep 1 (Former Employee), las vegas nvJune 6, 2014
Pros: nothing i can think of
Cons: everything
I was employed by this company. management never took responsibility for any issues that arose. rather than seeing the potential in each individual, they criticize you. they overstress you. if you have family, be ready to not see them often. management leaves whenever they please and are not around to help when needed. you need to learn everything on – more... your own.. poor training. – less
It is ok to work there
Install Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas,NVMay 27, 2014
Cons: 401k
I have learned to troubleshoot games and i have fun at it.My co-workers are good to work with.the part about my job is the games are so big now that it is hard to move.It was fun at one time.
Best Team/Department in Bally Technologies
Lead Engineer - Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2014
Pros: flexible
- Grown with the Product as part of the team
- Really Good Management
Not a place i would recommend to work.
production tester (Former Employee), las vegasApril 25, 2014
Pros: provided food for ot workers
Cons: poor management
Worked as tester for 5 years, one of 3 who wasn't Filipino. Keeps wages low that way. No job security, longtime employees fired for a higher ups mistake. I got axed due to cutback, big risk if oldest in dept. Treated employees well, just an evil HR dept.
fun place and great work culture
Intern for Human Resources Department (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: tight deadlines
Being an intern treated no less than real worker. Great mentor for intern
Second Best Gaming Company
Executive Assistant/ Paralegal (Current Employee), Las VEgas NevadaMarch 16, 2014
Always challenging, learning experience, keep a positive attitude and give it your all.
Excellent place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 7, 2014
very cool place to work with and usually ends up to have long term contracts. Do opt to work in this place
Poor culture... no teamwork
Engineer (Former Employee), Reno , NVFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: some company activities bbq's and events
Cons: working for this company at all
Long hours are common place. Constantly frustrated by the lack of team interaction. Lack of effective planning and requirements analysis are often to blame for the long hours. Corporate culture is defined by rush rush attitude and constant team conflict surrounding fixing fault rather than fixing problems. Can be a friendly atmosphere as long as you – more... and your team are not the focal point for issues and blame assignment.

Pay is fair to start, but seldom increases more than cost of living, without a position change or significant promotion. No real rewards system. The company is driven by short term profit and short term thinking. This thinking tends to restrict training opportunities.

Training is rapid and mediocre when you can get it. This is due to cost concerns and poor staffing again driven by short term thinking. – less
Productive and challenging work environment
TW (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed working in Bally Technologies. It learned a lot during my entire duration. It provides a challenging environment to learn, grow, and adapt.
if work/life balance is your thing, then this is not a place for you
Software Developer (Current Employee), Las VegasJanuary 25, 2014
They say it really depends on the department, how hard/long your day is. Mine was one that had maximum exposure to the management.So if you do it bad, you are screwed. If you do it right, you are asked for more. That added tremendous pressure, took out my social life and made even a day-off to be impossible. People have this attitude of work until 7 – more... every evening and then over the weekend too. I couldn't fit in this work culture. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: constant training and development. advancment oppertunities for those wanting it.
Cons: internal politics could sometimes get in the way of production.
It was a great place to grow and advance if you wanted too. I started out as a data entry clerk and when I got laid off I had worked my way up to Sale Administration. I learned how to train and manage people. How to write and maintain training material. I participated in lean management events and was on the lean management team.

I learned for my managers – more... the type of supervisor and person that I wanted to be on the job as well as some things I did not want to be. I enjoyed my almost 8 years of learning and growing with this company. They are a fantastic place to work. – less
Productive workplace
Media lab (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2013
Management takes care of their employees, I have learned that working together is a must in a fast paced environment, Co workers are friendly and hardest part of the job is standing while doing the job for the whole shift.
Low job security
senior level non-manager (Current Employee), Las VegasNovember 19, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: terminations instead of layoffs
My department has had several downsizings. But none of them were layoffs. They found ways to give bad reviews to people (easy, no matter how good the worker was), then terminated them with no benefits or unemployment. Then humiliated them further by having guards come up and, in front of everybody, clean out their work spaces.

The general working people – more... were very nice and the atmosphere was good. – less

1 2 3

About Bally Technologies

Bally Technologies helps keep the casinos buzzing. The firm is a leading manufacturer and supplier of casino gaming machines, – Read more