Bally Technologies

Bally Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work; ample opportunity for advancement.
Production/Planner-Scheduler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2014
During my 7 years at Bally, I was fortunate to work in several departments and collaboratively provide support and assist different areas of projects.
Good company
Software Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 28, 2014
Very Dynamic culture. Lots of good developers. A woung workforce, who are highly competitive. However, sometimes one gets so much overloaded with work, one gets one life out of office, Thats the major drawbeck of the compaany else an excellent place.
Best Job of My Life, Like Family and Great Opportunity
Senior Application Analyst (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 17, 2014
Pros: fantastic people, great learning opportunities, good pay and benefits
Cons: some days are really long, a bit intimidating at first with learning multiple products, current transition of the company ownership may make job stability uncertain at this time.
I had the great pleasure of working in the Systems customer support area for many years with this company. While there were management changes that came with mergers and acquisitions (some were really painful, others were absolutely fantastic),most of the people I worked with had been a part of the company since it's inception and were fantastic people. – more... Over the years, many reps came and left, but those who stayed were impressive, hard working, creative, compassionate and dedicated employees that it was an honor to work with. Support responsibilities ranged from taking inbound calls from customers and documenting customer questions, concerns, complaints; then providing prompt, accurate and appropriate information or actions to address their inquiries. Customers are usually casino employees in various departments, depending on the product being supported. Bally is pretty inclusive as it supports a number of integrated slot floor, accounting and player tracking functions. Calls range from basic questions to in-depth mission critical troubleshooting that may require additional assistance from other departments. In the most serious events, it's probable that the support folks may need to remain with the call until the customer issue is resolved so that their business operation functionality as it relates to this product is restored. For those situations, work-life balance is a bit muddled in the frenzy. It's a bit of a difficult learning curve as it takes a bit of time to learn the complexity and scope of the systems supported, which might include learning more about customer procedures, other equipment manufacturers products, regulatory requirements in addition to the functions of the Bally products involved. I was happy with compensation and benefits- 5000K education reimbursement, 401k, Decent healthcare, Employee Stock Purchases, Health and Dependent care FSA's, educational saving account options, Life insurance, etc. My favorite part was working with great people- smart, compassionate, funny, creative, wise, human and awesome people. So many learning opportunities if you're open to that. There was a lot of opportunity for advancement, transfers to other departments, but with the recent purchase of the company, it's likely those opportunities may not be as bountiful as before. Customer Support does/did have the opportunity to travel to customer sites to participate in installations or upgrades, but this may change also, with the change of owner. Installers often have very long and demanding hours with direct customer contact. – less
Software Testing
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), ChennaiNovember 15, 2014
• Documentation and Execution of test cases
• Regression testing and preparing test reports.
• End to End Testing
Good Learning
Unfriendly environment, management
Same as above
Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2014
This is the same as the job above for Bally Tech working as a collection Analyst.
Job culture positive
Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Compensated vwey well for job title. No advancement opportunities,
Learnt corporate work culture.
Internship (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free coffee.
Cons: no pay for interns.
As an intern, I was taken care of by my guide professionally. He helped with resources and work. I learnt C#, developed an organizer application and learnt using Magento an e-commerce CMS and developed an intranet e-commerce website.
Many stay forever, but they don't move very far
Firmware Engineer I (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful area, somewhat relaxed atmosphere, people are good
Cons: mediocre pay, mediocre time off, one would certainly need other hobbies for fulfillment - this is just a job.
Many of the people I worked with had been at the company for 7+ years. However, they were still working the same job as when they started.
The company was recently purchased, and many people were laid off. Where the company is going now is anyone's guess.
The gaming world itself is in decline in the US, so these companies are having trouble growing – more... at all, and will probably contract over time. – less
Good
Senior QA Lead Analyst (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 30, 2014
It is a very good company.Good work culture and growth opportunities.
Signifiant disfunctionality throughout the company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Cons: provincial and juvenile attitude of some managers and directors.
In spite of the very talented co-workers and employees I worked with during the 11 months I was employed there, management seemed to lack professional training. I was told some were simply appointed by higher level managers who were choosing friends and relatives instead of seeking the most qualified. My supervisor, who is in his 6th or 7th year there, – more... clued my in on the recent history of the company. I'm glad I'm no longer there. – less
Fast paced manufacturing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2014
Pros: good location.
Cons: highly fluctuating work environment
Constant review of flow and improvement processes. I've been able to advance my position and knowledge greatly in this environment. management fluctuations provided new ideas and encouraged new suggestions.
Bally review
Sr. Manager - Database & Performance Engineering (Former Employee), RenoJuly 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers, team environment
Cons: travel
Co-workers were the best; HR Department run by a great team; lots of travel though.
Great FUN place to work!
Sr. Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NV 89119July 28, 2014
Bally Tech is one of Vegas Best companies to work for! Great culture and environment, benefits and comp!
Worst place to work as game designer
Technical Artist II / Animator, Gaming (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 27, 2014
Poor management and no vision of gaming industry. No reimbursement ebing forced to visit casinos to research competitors games. Hostile environment for female artists. Not a place any artist should consider as a career as a game artist or animator.
No Work/Life Balance
Enterprise Data Controller (Current Employee), Kennesaw,GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: boring
Poor Work Life Balance poor management skills bad job culture
Fun Place and a completely different industry to work with
Engineer Associate Software Quality Analyst (Former Employee), BangaloreJuly 2, 2014
Pros: one can learn how to play poker while doing there job
Cons: sometimes have to stretch and have to come in weekends, less onsite oppportunity
Amazing work place to begin, A lot more things to learn. People are always ready to help. Always you will be working in new things
...
Enterprise Data Controller (Former Employee), Kennesaw,GAJune 12, 2014
I improved my skills because I worked in an team where most of them are more experienced than me and I worked in multiple complex projects.
ok company... but not recommended
customer service rep 1 (Former Employee), las vegas nvJune 6, 2014
Pros: nothing i can think of
Cons: everything
I was employed by this company. management never took responsibility for any issues that arose. rather than seeing the potential in each individual, they criticize you. they overstress you. if you have family, be ready to not see them often. management leaves whenever they please and are not around to help when needed. you need to learn everything on – more... your own.. poor training. – less
It is ok to work there
Install Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas,NVMay 27, 2014
Cons: 401k
I have learned to troubleshoot games and i have fun at it.My co-workers are good to work with.the part about my job is the games are so big now that it is hard to move.It was fun at one time.

1 2 3

About Bally Technologies

Bally Technologies helps keep the casinos buzzing. The firm is a leading manufacturer and supplier of casino gaming machines, – Read more