Bally Technologies Employee Reviews

Unfair treatment to asian descent
Slot Machine Assembler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2015
The workplace is good. Asians are not being treated fairly when it comes to work advancements especially on filipinos. People that works hard stays where they are and the people that don't work hard, advances.
Excessive traveling!
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
Client services team in the system division does not have a work-life balance and the compensation does not justify this too.
Productive environment with ping pong table
Associate Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  ChennaiNovember 9, 2015
Good Salary as compared to peers, Good Management, friendly management,good HR deptt, Job stability, Extended work hours
Bally use to be a great place to work but now it is Scientific Games
Director (Current Employee) –  NevadaJune 16, 2016
Quote from senior management: "I would rather an employee quit than to have them transfer out of my department." This clearly relays two things. SG does not care about their employees and that they do not have any career advancement within the company.
Worst experience
Client Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
Considering that Bally Technologies is in the gaming industry one would assume the environment be more exciting and high paying. Not quite the experience I was faced with on the job.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Work schedule, culture, lack of strong leadership
Worst Company I have ever worked with !! Forcing Employees to work at Late Nights
Former Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  ChennaiMarch 27, 2013
In the chennai office, even employees cannot talk among them other than official meetings, KTs. It is a kind of unwritten rule, if they do so, will be scolded by Leads like they are wasting time.
Pros
no good thing to share, salary is somewhat better
Cons
1 no work life balance. treating employees like captives, forcing support employees to work 14-16 hours daily. even if there is no work, low level employees are forced to stay in the office at late nights, weekends by their leads. 2. office is fully occupied with politics, very bad hrs, they are not caring empoyees problems. 3. leads are behaving childish, complaining about people behind them, torturing them like anything. 4. no career growth
Bally
Senior Lead QA Engineer / Lead QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bali, West BengalJune 15, 2016
Bally was one of the best paymasters. Good work culture among the employees. Of Late work-life balance is gud,
Bally is one of the best company
Team Head (Current Employee) –  ChennaiMarch 17, 2016
Bally is great place to work.

In my work group, we participate in deciding how the work gets done.

My co-workers and I work well together to accomplish our organization's goals
Poor culture... no teamwork
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno , NVFebruary 25, 2014
Long hours are common place. Constantly frustrated by the lack of team interaction. Lack of effective planning and requirements analysis are often to blame for the long hours. Corporate culture is defined by rush rush attitude and constant team conflict surrounding fixing fault rather than fixing problems. Can be a friendly atmosphere as long as you and your team are not the focal point for issues and blame assignment.

Pay is fair to start, but seldom increases more than cost of living, without a position change or significant promotion. No real rewards system. The company is driven by short term profit and short term thinking. This thinking tends to restrict training opportunities.

Training is rapid and mediocre when you can get it. This is due to cost concerns and poor staffing again driven by short term thinking.
Pros
some company activities bbq's and events
Cons
working for this company at all
Good
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduApril 27, 2016
Good company to start working.
Good opportunity to learn.

Bad team work.

Great works.

Need more perfection in engineering
Great Co-workers
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2016
Made long life friends. great people all round but too many mergers messed company morale up. close to home and short breaks
Pros
nice building
Cons
too many New managers
No respect for employees, they are treated as slaves!
Associate (Former Employee) –  BangaloreApril 22, 2013
Management and HR believes that the pay of employees at Bally is good so they have full rights on their personal lives.. Employees are made to work on weekends, new years and day in and night. Employee cannot ask for long leaves if he wishes to visit his hometown or incase of emergency. Work culture is pathetic.

In a nutshell, zero work life balance, zero respect for employees requests and genuine concerns and no professionalism at all.

Good for people who are looking to have a high pay but ready to make their lives hell.
Pros
fun activities are organized from time to time
Cons
no time to participate and enjoy as employees are treated as slaves.
n/A
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 1, 2016
lots of overtime and nice people to work with i would have to say the hardest part of the job would be standing on your feet all day
Good company going through a number of aquisitions
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 13, 2015
One of the two biggest companies in the gaming sector, going through a transition as they have been acquired.

Typical benefits and salary.
Pros
stable, industry leader
Cons
still in period of reacting to being acquired
Bad Management
Senior Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 11, 2015
No forward thinking in product lines. Management not in touch with workers. Every man for themselves- no team or company culture.
Great co-workers make it an enjoyable place to work.
Material Handler/Slot Machine Assembler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2013
The work was very fast paced and challenging most of the time but for the most part management did try to make sure you had the resources to succeed. The best part of the job was the "work hard, play hard" mentality that most people had there. No matter how hard or stressful a day would've been, everyone was still able to truly relax and joke with each other during breaks and lunches.
Pros
co-workers, work schedule
Cons
job security is questionable
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2014
It was a great place to grow and advance if you wanted too. I started out as a data entry clerk and when I got laid off I had worked my way up to Sale Administration. I learned how to train and manage people. How to write and maintain training material. I participated in lean management events and was on the lean management team.

I learned for my managers the type of supervisor and person that I wanted to be on the job as well as some things I did not want to be. I enjoyed my almost 8 years of learning and growing with this company. They are a fantastic place to work.
Pros
constant training and development. advancment oppertunities for those wanting it.
Cons
internal politics could sometimes get in the way of production.
Signifiant disfunctionality throughout the company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 19, 2014
In spite of the very talented co-workers and employees I worked with during the 11 months I was employed there, management seemed to lack professional training. I was told some were simply appointed by higher level managers who were choosing friends and relatives instead of seeking the most qualified. My supervisor, who is in his 6th or 7th year there, clued my in on the recent history of the company. I'm glad I'm no longer there.
Pros
flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Cons
provincial and juvenile attitude of some managers and directors.
Easy and fun environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
Bally Technologies is an amazing company to work for. Alot of kind and courteous people work there and everyone in the human resources department are absolutely wonderful. No matter what anyone through out the whole company is ready and willing to bend over backward to help anyone who needs it.
Pros
exciting constantly changing pace
Cons
career advancement/progression is limited
Discriminatory Management and constant degrading of employees hard work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 7, 2013
Management constantly lies to its employees. There is no room for advancement.There is no union, no protection for employees. There is no supervision and employees are only called up on when minor mistakes are made. Some co-workers are great and knowledgeable while others are there to sit and collect a pay check. Only good benefit is the stock option and some what decent healthcare.
Pros
good stock options, decent healthcare
Cons
discriminatory & bias management

2.9