Bally Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Easy and fun environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
Pros: exciting constantly changing pace
Cons: career advancement/progression is limited
Bally Technologies is an amazing company to work for. Alot of kind and courteous people work there and everyone in the human resources department are absolutely wonderful. No matter what anyone through out the whole company is ready and willing to bend over backward to help anyone who needs it.
challenging, but productive job
Support Specialist (Current Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 18, 2015
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping others resolve their IT issues. I've learned the Unix based operating system. A typical day's work is helipng others, customers and coworkers to resolve customers' IT issues.
used to be a fun work place
Software Analyst (Former Employee), Chennai, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free snacks
It was fun working here until the acquisition and re-organization started taking place.Co workers were all knowledgeable and had strong fundamentals.After a year work gets monotonous.No scope for growth.
Work hard, but they overall take care of you
Project Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 24, 2015
I worked for Bally for 17yrs. Was let go when they were purchased by Scientific Games. I don't hold Bally any wrong, as it was a business decision. Though I will miss all the people I worked for. The company overall was great to work with. They worked you hard, but paid well. Open schedule if you need to go to the doctor or run an errand. The people were great to work for. They seemed a little management heavy, but management took care of you...can't say how it is with scientific games though.
Productive and fun working place with ping pong tables
Senior Software Analyst (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaMarch 8, 2015
Pros: compensation, travel, challenging environment for growth
Cons: lack of proper workforce which drives you crazy at times.
A typical day would involve you being in a meeting with the client/team and would require you to connect over the phone to the onsite team and solving/analyzing issues in the production environment. If you are serious about learning new technologies and wanting to explore your software development skills, it would be a idle fit. The work is not just for beginners and hence would require some technical background if you would like enjoy and have fun at work.
Productive and fast paced, fun place to work.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits
We build 80 EGMS's and complete hot, must ship, game down orders daily. I love the lean manufacturing culture where there is always something to improve.
loved my job
Production Control Operations Materials Lead (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: company allowed me to grow.
Cons: nothing negative to say.
Responsibilities:
Creating pick tickets
Creating 5 part manufacturing tickets
Creating finished product tickets
Maintaining finished product locations

While I was in this position at Bally's I was responsible with the help of my boss for implementing new processes that reduced warehouse pick times and in doing so we increased production. When I started it took 62 minutes to produce one slot machine. By the time I finished the production time for one slot machine was only 22 minutes.
Fun and good place to work
Lead User Interface Analyst (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nil
Cons: nil
Good place to work.
Good colleagues, good salary.
Right people are not in right place.
Good work life balance. But not always.
I was productive for my working with my employer
Techno-Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 17, 2014
I was productive for my working with my employer
Working with Intellectual team
Learning a new technologies
Great place to work; ample opportunity for advancement.
Production/Planner-Scheduler (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2014
During my 7 years at Bally, I was fortunate to work in several departments and collaboratively provide support and assist different areas of projects.
Good company
Software Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 28, 2014
Very Dynamic culture. Lots of good developers. A woung workforce, who are highly competitive. However, sometimes one gets so much overloaded with work, one gets one life out of office, Thats the major drawbeck of the compaany else an excellent place.
Best Job of My Life, Like Family and Great Opportunity
Senior Application Analyst (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 17, 2014
Pros: fantastic people, great learning opportunities, good pay and benefits
Cons: some days are really long, a bit intimidating at first with learning multiple products, current transition of the company ownership may make job stability uncertain at this time.
I had the great pleasure of working in the Systems customer support area for many years with this company. While there were management changes that came with mergers and acquisitions (some were really painful, others were absolutely fantastic),most of the people I worked with had been a part of the company since it's inception and were fantastic people. Over the years, many reps came and left, but those who stayed were impressive, hard working, creative, compassionate and dedicated employees that it was an honor to work with. Support responsibilities ranged from taking inbound calls from customers and documenting customer questions, concerns, complaints; then providing prompt, accurate and appropriate information or actions to address their inquiries. Customers are usually casino employees in various departments, depending on the product being supported. Bally is pretty inclusive as it supports a number of integrated slot floor, accounting and player tracking functions. Calls range from basic questions to in-depth mission critical troubleshooting that may require additional assistance from other departments. In the most serious events, it's probable that the support folks may need to remain with the call until the customer issue is resolved so that their business operation functionality as it relates to this product is restored. For those situations, work-life balance is a bit muddled in the frenzy. It's a bit of a difficult learning curve as it takes a bit of time to learn the complexity and scope of the systems supported, which might include learning more about customer procedures, – more... other equipment manufacturers products, regulatory requirements in addition to the functions of the Bally products involved. I was happy with compensation and benefits- 5000K education reimbursement, 401k, Decent healthcare, Employee Stock Purchases, Health and Dependent care FSA's, educational saving account options, Life insurance, etc. My favorite part was working with great people- smart, compassionate, funny, creative, wise, human and awesome people. So many learning opportunities if you're open to that. There was a lot of opportunity for advancement, transfers to other departments, but with the recent purchase of the company, it's likely those opportunities may not be as bountiful as before. Customer Support does/did have the opportunity to travel to customer sites to participate in installations or upgrades, but this may change also, with the change of owner. Installers often have very long and demanding hours with direct customer contact. – less
Software Testing
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), ChennaiNovember 15, 2014
• Documentation and Execution of test cases
• Regression testing and preparing test reports.
• End to End Testing
Good Learning
Unfriendly environment, management
Same as above
Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2014
This is the same as the job above for Bally Tech working as a collection Analyst.
Job culture positive
Collection Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Compensated vwey well for job title. No advancement opportunities,
Learnt corporate work culture.
Internship (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free coffee.
Cons: no pay for interns.
As an intern, I was taken care of by my guide professionally. He helped with resources and work. I learnt C#, developed an organizer application and learnt using Magento an e-commerce CMS and developed an intranet e-commerce website.
Many stay forever, but they don't move very far
Firmware Engineer I (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful area, somewhat relaxed atmosphere, people are good
Cons: mediocre pay, mediocre time off, one would certainly need other hobbies for fulfillment - this is just a job.
Many of the people I worked with had been at the company for 7+ years. However, they were still working the same job as when they started.
The company was recently purchased, and many people were laid off. Where the company is going now is anyone's guess.
The gaming world itself is in decline in the US, so these companies are having trouble growing at all, and will probably contract over time.
Good
Senior QA Lead Analyst (Current Employee), BangaloreAugust 30, 2014
It is a very good company.Good work culture and growth opportunities.
Signifiant disfunctionality throughout the company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Reno, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Cons: provincial and juvenile attitude of some managers and directors.
In spite of the very talented co-workers and employees I worked with during the 11 months I was employed there, management seemed to lack professional training. I was told some were simply appointed by higher level managers who were choosing friends and relatives instead of seeking the most qualified. My supervisor, who is in his 6th or 7th year there, clued my in on the recent history of the company. I'm glad I'm no longer there.