A privately held group of agricultural companies, 20 years in business, is seeking a focused and results oriented accounting controller to become part of a motivated team.
This position is a combination of accounting clerk, payroll clerk and financial manager. It requires a motivated individual with cattle and grain background excited to work for a progressive company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting: includes but not limited to overseeing A/P, A/R, bank deposits, account reconciliations & preparing GST returns.
Payroll Clerk: prepare & process payroll, manage all benefits programs and recruit new employees.
Financial Manager: plan, organize and evaluate financial statements & month end reports. Create budgets and prepare various financial reports for senior management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 5+ years of accounting, payroll and financial skills; professional designation not mandatory.
- Strong and proficient experience and knowledge of Quick Books, Easy Pay, Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook. Knowledge in use of iFHARM and DG Pro an asset.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to communicate with other employees.
Salary is negotiable and includes a full range of benefits.
Email resume with references.