We are seeking a full-time permanent, environmental scientist/consultant, Agrologist or technologist with a minimum 1 year experience. This position offers a variety of responsibilities, with the main duties including Reclamation, Remediation, Phase I, II and III ESAs, DSAs and PDSAs. This position also offers a balance of both field and in-office tasks. Out of town field work will be a mandatory requirement of this position. The candidate must be accountable, passionate and have a good work ethic.
Required candidate qualities:
- A science or engineering degree related to the environmental industry
- Must have a membership, or be eligible for membership, with APEGA or AIA or ASET
- This job will require first aid, H2S and ground disturbance certification as well as an Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License (clean driving abstract)
- Adaptive and self-motivated
- Work well both independently and in a team
- Well-developed communication skills for client and team interaction
- Manage and complete jobs from start to finish
- Quick and proficient learner
- Skills relating to field as well as report work must be well developed
Ballast Environmental Consulting Ltd. is a small environmental consulting company over 6 years old that offers environmental services for commercial & industrial and oil & gas clients. Our office is located in the southeast area of Calgary close to Glenmore Trail and Stoney Trail. A position with us is an opportunity to enter on the main floor of an expanding company while rapidly advancing your career as the company grows.
Benefits of working for Ballast Environmental include:
-Wide range of learning and different job opportunities due to the small nature of the company
-Completion of jobs from initial to final stages
-Input in development of company policies and procedures
-Flexible schedule and flex days
-Health and dental benefits
-Pet friendly office
This position is available immediately and will stay open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Ready to hit the ground running? Join our team!