Balfour Beatty Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Just a delight to work with
Labourer Temp (Former Employee), Arbroath, SCTJuly 14, 2014
Great days at work, not pushed to your limits very friendly management very easy to get along with always appreciated the work I did, salary was a bit less but managed to make it up working the longer hours and could work overtime. great company to work for
Good Challenge
Staff assistant (Former Employee), Camberwell, ENGMay 11, 2014
• Developing, testing and reviewing designs.
• Distribution of board circuit schedules.
• Discussing and solving problems with customers.
• Working with professionals and contractors within and outside the company.
Productive workplace
Reprographics Clerk (Current Employee), Blackpool, ENGMay 3, 2014
Pros: job too keep you busy
Cons: lack of hours and future prospects
Balfour Beatty Workplace is a nice place to work, there is a mix of team work but it is mostly independent. Management was no too demanding and respected employees needs.
Exciting
Contractor (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGApril 29, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: ?
Developing the training Academy for Manchester City Football club has been very exciting so its always fascinating coming to work and exploing different art of the development.
My Co-workers re excellent to work with and always willing to help.
good working enviroment
LE 1 (Former Employee), ukApril 8, 2014
Good company to work for. Plenty of training provided. Get to see plenty of the country side.Great bunch of lads to work with.
Double standards within HR - BB not a safe place to work during mass reorganization activities
contractor (Former Employee), north eastMarch 31, 2014
Pros: some good staff but very weak management and leadership
Cons: convenient, if local offices are close to you
Generally a good workforce but BB expects the earth from its workforce by giving little in return. Certainly does not reward its long serving workers correctly - except with redundancy

HR unable to pay its workers what they are due - does it think that it is a charity?

HR should lead by example by what it preaches to its staff on its induction courses

Probably, – more... the worst company that I have ever worked for – less
Average
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), HULLMarch 28, 2014
i was an apprentice and i was partnered up with an electrician so good team ethos and all we did was put floor boxes and under floor cable ducting in
loved this job
Electricians Mate (Former Employee), hartlepoolMarch 11, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: too warm
was great learning curve for myself
great work mates
had good banter
learnt lots of new things
If the H.M.R.C had not closed the building i would not consider leaving
Security supervisor (Former Employee), Stockport, ENGFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: 8 hour days
I have worked for balfourbeatty workplace, now Cofely workplace for 12 years.
i started as a security officer working behind the reception at archer house, the Inland revenue office in stockport.I also spent 9 months working at the H.M.R.C Trinity bridge office in Manchester.
I was then promoted to Security supervisor at archer house, a position i still – more... hold.
i have worked as part of a team involved in the management of this building.. i have carried out various other duties such as laying carpet tiles, desk raises and many other health and safety taskes that are required in a building this size.
I enjoy all aspects of the job, especially dealing with the many members of the H.M.R.C staff both that worked in the building and that came from all over the country to hold meetings and training courses in our building.
i have had a few trying times with members of the public, but this is to be expected when you work in an enviroment where people are comeing in to an enquiry centre to sort out tax and benefit issues.

i would love to continue in the same type of work enviroment.
i get on well with people and enjoy working with them.
i have always been very flexible towards work.
To date i have always been healthy, i have only been off sick from work 1 week in the 12 years i have worked for balfour beatty/ cofely workplace – less
enjoyable, fun
HGV Driver/Ganger (Current Employee), ENGFebruary 18, 2014
brilliant place to work untill taken over by different company.
Undergoing a lot of changes
Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee), Cardiff, WLSFebruary 14, 2014
Undergoing a lot of changes
Quick advancement
Identified my potention and provided oppurtunity
Poor Management
Purge & Relight Scheduler/ Data Analyst (Current Employee), WolverhamptonJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: social atmosphere, no dress code
Cons: long hours, really poor management
Not the best company or the most well organised company to work for however it is a comfortable working environment. Really relaxed atmosphere.
Balfour Beatty
Temporary Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), VictoriaJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: free blood test, free flu bab
Cons: management
• Meeting and Greeting Visitors
• Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls and/or taking messages as necessary
• Deal with telephone calls in a diplomatic and sensitive way with due regard to confidentiality.
• Answer, forwarding and sending emails
• General administrative duties as assigned
• Maintaining, updating – more... project lists and contact information – less
Staff (Current Employee), North EastJanuary 13, 2014
Balfour Beatty is embarking on a large scale services standardisation of its market leading operating companies/ divisions to meet its business plan objectives and grow within the sector. Balfour Beatty’s UK Supply Chain Management approach has been designed to ensure the right supply chain strategy is engaged to achieve this challenging goal.
Great place to work!
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: autonomous time management
Cons: public transport not close, you need a car
Highly autonomous, management nothing to prove so insecurities; ready to support you. A nice and civilized work place and all about the objective, not how you go about it.
Safe, hard working environment
Assisting the Asset Management (Former Employee), Balfour, SDecember 19, 2013
Pros: ppe
Cons: nil
An extremely great experience with working for balfour beatty, heathrow terminal T2B project. Lovely company to work for, looking to do some more work with them in the not so distant future
Working supervisor
Supervisor foreman (Former Employee), Hartlepool, ENGNovember 27, 2013
Pros: fresh air
Cons: other gangs not completing jobs and having to leave mine to to remedial reapairs
my tasks were many and varied from health and safety to costing pricing and the estimated time of duration of jobs from kerbing to tarmac drainage to soakaways french drains and flood relief
Busy and stressed but great
Administrator, PA, Receptionist, (Former Employee), Camden,londonOctober 20, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: sometimes on long days not even lunch hour
started 8:00/8;30 am finishing 6pm - 10pm
straight away lots of paper work and Mondays weekly payroll for weekly employees and monthly payroll at the end of the month.
I learned a lot from a Personnel Assistant to payroll dealt with van taxes, hiring vans, congestion charges and much more .
I had great managers, who supported me if I needed that support.
Had – more... fantastic co-workers some become good friends are just colleagues.
The long hours and dealing with missing uniforms
Everything from every kind of aspects – less
good place to work
industrial operative (Former Employee), haysham 2 power stationOctober 18, 2013
A great place to work, with good working conditions and great co-workers reasonable hours and great pay
Long hours but like to be kept busy.
Construction Manager (Current Employee), LondonOctober 14, 2013
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: long hours
I start my day off by giving all the supervisors a daily briefing, i would normanly then have a walk around site to check if all works are going ok. I have meetings to attend, clients to see. I regularly talk with the site management and all our sub contractors on problem solving, logistics, time scales etc.

1 2 3 4

About Balfour Beatty

Talented? Check. In demand? Check. Handsome? You decide. Check out this Beatty -- Balfour Beatty. The company provides infrastructure – Read more

Balfour Beatty Photos