Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

Great chance to make new friends.
APPRENTICE BAKER (Former Employee) –  Lake Macquarie NSW31 August 2016
Hard place to work.
Poor management and leadership skills.
no job security, can be made redundent with simple signature.
great chance to make friends.
if you hate the social life this is a great job for you.
physcially demanding.

be prepared to deal with someone yelling at you all the time.
Pros
free food fresh from the ovens. life skills. trade.
Cons
long hours. prepare to work more than 6 days straight.
Great first job
Senior Sales Staff and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lane Cove NSW26 February 2016
Bakers Delight is a fantastic brand that is very dominant across Australia. They are heavily involved in supporting local events and always run an annual fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Network.

I started off as a junior sales staff member however after 2 years of experience and dedication to the business and job it was easy to be promoted into a more senior role.

Being promoted to a supervisor was a good experience however the pay was not that much better considering all the new roles and responsibilities that were taken on.

Overall the general corporate culture is fantastic and the customers are generally friendly and great to chat to so is perfect as a first job.
Pros
ongoing training for new promotions
Cons
early morning starts
Bad managament
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lavington NSW7 December 2016
Excluding, negative managament. Was never appreciative towards staff and had a negative attitude to her own work doings.
Messy environment and did not follow work place regulations.
Pros
Fun promotions
Cons
Bad management
Great Work Environment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bentleigh VIC31 August 2016
Fun, Friendly Work Environment,Management and Co-Workers.
Hardest Part Store gets Quite cold in the Winter
Don't get Weekend rates
Pros
friends, taking home bread for family
Cons
Cold in the Winter, Salary Isn't the best as i don't get Weekend Rates
Good Team Member
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Neutral Bay NSW6 November 2016
I worked as a part time at bakers delight and find out:
General concept of making dough and bread.
is always fun to work in food industries with small management
got very friendly work mate
hard to work close to oven because the area of shop was very small and baker and we have to share area.
easy to slice and pack the bread...
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
take a lot of time to throw left over bread
Poor pay rates, understaffed, poor training.
Bakers Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 September 2016
The staff members were poorly trained, pay rates were ridiculously under rated for the amount of hours worked. Poor training and no advancements in my apprenticeship were pursued.
maagement very poor and under paid.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSW29 August 2016
. in the end I hated my job. some staff were very bias making me in a very sad state everyday at work. they make you work when you are sick and do ridiculous hours that's why im glad I got fired for nothing I did.
Free bread and great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 August 2016
I worked with some great people during my time at Baker's. At the bakery I was at, they allowed us to take as much home of whatever was left at the end of the day as we wanted which was awesome (didn't buy a single loaf of bread for two years straight!). However, my boss was underpaying me and the uniforms were absolutely horrendous. In terms of flexibility, the organization was quite good. They understood busy schedules and worked to accommodate me in that area. It was a great first job for me that I gained a lot of experience from and a tip for those about to work there: make sure you get paid fairly, don't get gipped!
Pros
Free food at end of shifts, flexible shift hours, great people
Cons
Low pay, terrible uniforms
fun working there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 July 2016
very workable environment
nice pay
friendly co workers
enjoy baking and dealing with the customers
fun working over there
best management at all
Pros
friendly working place
Cons
no specific
It was interesting, interacting with customers boost up my confidence
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Bonnyrigg NSW29 November 2016
Bakers Delight seems like a good place to at for experience, it's all about having a good memeory, working fast, understanding how they do things. It's great when it comes to communication.
Pros
No breaks at all
Cons
Too much pressure and constantly always having to do something
Unorganised workplace with lack of communication between management and staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, WA28 January 2016
The duties I had to undertake were not too difficult and over time I could enjoy them as I have a strong work ethic. I enjoyed engaging with other staff members and the public and I loved setting up the bakery as I enjoy things to look appealing and be organised. I learnt many things about working in a bakery including cleaning duties, particular ways to engage with the public and sell extra product, and a lot of information about the products themselves. Unfortunately the communication and treatment of staff between and by the management was quite terrible and very unorganised.
Pros
free bread
Cons
management
A good working environment
Part-time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenmore QLD 406919 September 2016
In my position at bakers delight i have learnt to deal with customers, be polite in difficult situations, handle money, clean and be presentable. I serve customers with a happy face and i am always there to help with their needs. I enjoy the work environment as i have grown to like it over the years.
Incredible work place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsway WA20 April 2016
The customers were an interesting bunch but it was the workers that truly made the long hours fly by. If you can still get your job done and have fun with the people you work with I personally feel like that is the best work environment for all people.
Pros
Workers, free bread
Cons
Seeds everywhere
Productive Workplace
Shop Front Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glebe NSW5 July 2016
very busy place, always learning something new and meeting different people each day.
Can be very busy but makes the day go nice and fast. Very organised and have a good routine, so when you start your shift each day you know what is going on which makes the day better for yourself and people you work with.
Pros
See New Products in advance
Cons
Trying new products
Great place to learn and grow as an individual
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD4 September 2016
-Really great workplace to grow as an individual with supportive staff members in which make it a great atmosphere.
I've learnt so much in the time i've been working there and wouldn't change a thing.
productive
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutherland NSW14 May 2016
its was a new experience to work their. get more infornmation about bread, operating tills.cash management and also in a friendly and team environment.
Pros
free pastry
Cons
short hours
Friendly and respected workplace
Senior staff member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne19 August 2016
Bakers Delight is a well known company that focuses on providing fresh baked goods daily and excellent customer service. I loved the atmosphere here and was promoted to a senior position that entitled me to be in charge of the store when working
great team work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD2 November 2016
Bakers Delight has showed me that team work is all that matters, and i have learned great customer service skills that i know will be need at any job as it it very important for any company.
Can be a fun place to Work, Most of the time its Uplifting
Apprentice Baker (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD26 June 2016
I have now worked for 2 Different Bakers Delight. My First Bakers Delight I worked In Was amazing, As In the People were Amazing, They Genuinely Cared about you! There Was a terrible mix up with the wage I was getting but that all got resolved before I left.

Now when I Moved state to go work at a different Bakers Delight Who were Kind enough to wait for me, Within 2 weeks they Decided They Weren't Impressed, I can Understand about the Fact I slept in due to Alarm Clock Faults, But then they also said that My work ethic was unexceptable, that I was not up to there Standards and that I kept Messing things up that I should know!
What they Expected from me was that I could start work and After 2 weeks be able to be left there to do anything by myself. They obviously forgot that I am still a 2nd year and have just moved from a workplace that would make everything very clear and not just show me once or twice and expect me to know.
I was sick for 2 days with a viral infection and then the day I came back to work they gave me one weeks notice.

now I am left with no Job after just moving 2,000kms from everyone I loved and cared for.
Pros
Love the Work, Love finishing around lunchtime, some great people
Cons
Some people are selfish, greedy, not understanding, lack of teaching sometimes
Awesome place to work, great team of people
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield QLD18 August 2016
I loved working with Bakers Delight, I would still be there if I hadn't thought I was going to move up to the Sunshine Coast. Loved the great team of people I worked with.