Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great employees, average management.
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, Vic.June 27, 2015
Pros: Regular customers, great staff.
Cons: Hours can drag during off-speak times.
Working at bakers delight was enjoyable. The girls I worked with were helpful from day one, and by the end of it, I had become friends with them. It was an overall easy job and offered great experience, in terms of customer service, food-handling, etc.
Comfortable workplace-challenging and fast paced
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Coburg, VICJune 17, 2015
Pros: great rewards and discounts
Cons: limited hours
My experience with Bakers Delight was enjoyable and rewarding.
I worked alongside friendly and helpful sales assistants, as well as hard working bakers who were happy assisting at the checkout if need be. I learned to manage myself under pressure- large waves of customers can be expected at Bakers Delight-and ensuring that each and every customer is served and satisfied before walking out the door.

I found upselling products the most difficult part of this job-as customers can easily become hassled and annoyed by the offerings.

A healthy work balance for a student-though pay was at the very minimum and hours limited.
Overall- a great workplace to learn how to IMPRESS your customers.
Good Job for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Templestowe, VICJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great Bread/Products
Cons: Pay Rates
Im glad they gave me the chance to learn management skills and built my skills in supervising and training others. Co-workers are fun to work with and is a good job for students.
Good hours and friendly co-workers.
Work Experience (Former Employee), ParabanksMay 22, 2015
Pros: Good hours, friendly environment.
Cons: Spontaneous shifts.
I was employed as a casual sales assistant so I worked miscellaneous shifts. I did however work quite a lot of hours, up to 38 hours a week. My co-workers and managers were very respectful and communicated well.
Brillant atmosphere to be involved in
Customer service (Former Employee), ballarat, VICApril 26, 2015
Baker Delight was my first job as a teenager. and it was fantastic, my co-workers were great to work with and learn from, you got to interact with different people on a day to day basis through customers coming in and out of the store.

I learnt how to operate and balance a til, I was able to open up the shop, learnt how to do stock orders and balancing of products
fun workplace
crew member (Former Employee), Perth, WAApril 24, 2015
Pros: get to take bread at end of day
Cons: workers talked to much- gossiped
the other workers worked well as a cohesive team, the workers all knew one another, the community of workers was tight. if somebody was unable to work, others would gladly take the shift.
Apprentice Baker
Apprentice Baker (Former Employee), waurn pondsMarch 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working as a baker
Cons: lost my job because they couldnt afford to pay me
i would serve on front counter when they needed help

i used the different machines to mold dough
use the ovens
i would start as early as 4.30am
and at the end of most shifts i would clean
Working at oven
Baker (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: 8-10 hours
While working at night is always very harder than working at day time. I find it very different. Sometimes you fall into sleep while working. You have to work at 250-300 degree temperature. So i have to be careful all the time to be safe.
Productive fun team with targets to work towards
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne Eastern Suburbs, VICJanuary 15, 2015
I worked on the register selling different types of bread, I had a wide range of product knowledge and used good customer service skills. I enjoyed seeing regular customers and catching up with them. I was a 'shift manager' training the new people, filled forms about balancing the tills, stocked the shelves and fridge, and i also closed u pthe shop at the end of the night. I learnt how to deal with people while I was in a senior position. The management changed halfway through my time working there, a young couple started and i got along really well with them and the rest of the staff. The hardest part of the job was when the customers complained about the prices or the way the bread was cooked and us sale assistants van not do anything about it. The most enjoyable was the regular customers and friendly team members at Bakers Delight.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Rockingham, Western AustraliaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: understanding management
Cons: limited hours
Bakers Delight was my first job, and I have remained here as I advanced, and finally graduated High School as well as begun my time at University. It is a good starting place for employment and many important and fundamental skills were taught here, that I will continue to carry through to every work experience I have in my life.
Not enough experince
Customer Service (Former Employee), Park Center BunburyDecember 28, 2014
Pros: free food when your on the closing shift
Cons: long hours and super fast pace and trying to learn the cash register my self.
Dealing with customers and cleaning out the shelf and getting ready for the next day.

What i learned is not everything is fair in work.

Didnt have a manager around much.

Trying to learn by my self was the most hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part about the job was cleaning up after the shift.
very friendly workers
sales (Former Employee), wannerooDecember 3, 2014
very friendly workers to work with..easy job.

slicing bread,cleaning,

the hardest part I would say is the cleaning.

the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.

I learnt how to slice bread in a machine , meeting new people ..

very friendly customers that come in ...
FUN FUN FUN
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Keysborough, VICNovember 11, 2014
Pros: end of day take home
Cons: nothing
great girls to work with, easy job, great manager,great girls to work with, easy job, great manager,great girls to work with, easy job, great manager,
Friendly and hard working staff
Bakers Assistant (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWNovember 5, 2014
Pros: able to work whilst at school
I was unable to work for Bakers Delight for more than 2 months due to the fact that they were hiring an apprentice to do my tasks as part of a rearrangement of staff.

I learnt to make products and assisted the bakers wherever needed.
Great first job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Penrith, NSWNovember 4, 2014
Pros: obtaining a cert 2 in retail operations
A typical day at work was front of house customer service and cleaning of the shop once closed.
I learnt a lot from this job, I was only working there for 2 months and they offered me a Certificate 2 in Retail Operations so I learnt a lot about OH&S and customer service. I completed that certificate early as I really enjoyed doing it.
I didn't find this job hard at all. I was excited to be working as it was my first job after leaving school.
great
sales assistant (Former Employee), macurthur square campbelltownNovember 2, 2014
great people to meet and learn new skills such as types of bread it was a hard on your feet 8-12 hours a day
great company to work for
Baker (Former Employee), Katoomba, NSWOctober 28, 2014
for a long time I enjoyed working for the company alto the hours didn't suit my life style
Fun and productive place to work.
sales and customer service (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWOctober 12, 2014
My co-workers were friendly from the start and supported me throughout my time working for bakers delight while the management always informed on new promotions or events as well as providing me with training that would in the future help me deal with issues that arose during my shifts. The most enjoyable part on the job was the people that worked there, they were welcoming and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job would be the early morning shifts. Throughout my time working in Bakers Delight i was taught how to use the cash register, deal with customers, calculate stock and overall communicate with the customers.
fun and enjoyable
Customer Service (Current Employee), Casula Mall, NSWSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch, working with nice people
Cons: no cons
a typical day at work would be to clean and sell bread

what i learned was the different types of bread and what is in them and how they make you healthier

my co-workers are amazing to be around with, nice and respectful
Fun and Creative
Cashier (Former Employee), Merriwa, NSWSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: hours, duties job itself
Cons: some of the people
I honestly really loved and enjoyed it. My job was fantasic I loved it absolutely adored the people I worked with and the duties I have.

1 2 3

About Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight is Australia's most successful bakery franchise. Over the past 31 years this Australian owned company, has – Read more