Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 December 2017
I would often get shuffled around and called on with short notice, I often felt pressured to take shifts that I didn't necessarily want to take. My manager had this store as his first business endeavour and it showed, the bakery would rarely make its targets.

We were also made to wear Santa hats during the summer, along with the heat from the sun the heat from the ovens was at times unbearable.

I also felt humiliated to work there.
Pros
free products at end of day
Cons
unorganised manager
Good place
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD11 December 2017
i have learned all about customer service and have gained heaps of experience in handling money. Good workplace culture. The hardest part of the job would be merchandising. The environment is the best part of the job.
Pros
Free bread
Cons
Short shifts
Good first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 December 2017
It's a great first job. Its easy, but teaches you responsibility along with team work, communication, and food safety skills. It's also good that it's very hands on and you get to know all aspects of how the store runs.
A great place to start work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 November 2017
I really enjoyed working at Bakers Delight although it was a short-lived experience. Both managers were really helpful and positive people and I got along with them both, and they taught me some great skills such as cleaning and working with cash registers. I was really frustrated and upset to leave because it really wasn't something I wanted to do, however I did not really have a choice as my transport options were scarce and my school work was being effected.
Pros
really helpful staff, everyone positive and outgoing, was able to take bread home
Cons
really difficult to get to, began to clash with my school work
The manager was awful
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Lane Cove NSW22 November 2017
The manager was a mean lady, who was constantly getting mad at her the tiniest of things like going to the bathroom even when we were on long shifts with no breaks. Horrible.
Mentally and physically draining
Apprentice Baker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC22 November 2017
Being an apprentice has really taken its toll on me in both the mental and pshyscial aspects. The pay is terrible and no pay for working over time or sick leave
Enjoyable place to work with lots of customer service experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunshine VIC17 November 2017
All the staff are friendly, it's an easy job to work at and offers a wide range of opportunities in customer service. There are many jobs that must be done which allows one to also gain experience with different tasks.
Westfield Doncaster Bakers - horrible
team member and serving customers (Former Employee) –  Doncaster VIC14 November 2017
a typical day at work involved watching at least one workmate cry from the managers nasty attitude. The culture is catty and employees are not able to have breaks and not even able to go to the bathroom upon request. Very negative attitude by management and a strong bullying culture. i had to leave very quickly and has extremely high turnover.\
- noteworthy: no free food that other bakers delight allows for their employees.
Cons
Not able to go to the bathroom when asked
Super fun
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Corrimal NSW8 November 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Bakers Delight. Made some really great friends that made work a great place to be and all the regular customers are so lovely.
easy place to work at
Sales/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Narrabeen NSW3 November 2017
teaches you customer service and how to deal with different types of customers. if you are by your self it can get really boring, you stand up for long periods of time. workplace is good. the hardest part of the job is being able to stand up for the amount of time and to be able clean up in the last 30 mins of the day if you are closing up. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take whatever food you want home if you work the closing hours.
Pros
free food if working closing hours
Cons
standing time
nice people
Server (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley SA2 November 2017
Love everyone there. Pay is good, boss and manger are nice and are good when comes to having shifts swapped and covered. We're all like a big family there
good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 November 2017
The stores have a good location which is easy to get to. There are always exciting new flavours being introduced which are fun to try. Friendly staff.
Great First Job but Definite areas for improvement
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kew VIC24 October 2017
I have worked at bakers for over 3 years now, and over these years I can say that my time there has been bittersweet. Great people, product and flexibility in working hours and days, however, management does not motivate me nor do they make me feel like a valued and loyal employee, but rather a number or just a point of profit.
Pros
Bread benefits and great colleagues
Cons
Culture and vibe of the business is poor
Fast paced and high energy
Shop assistant and cashier (Former Employee) –  Balgowlah, Sydney Australia19 October 2017
I enjoyed working here as I learnt how to work efficiently within a team and developed freindships within that team. My shift would consist of selling, merchandising, cleaning and restocking. The hardest part of the job was closing shifts and having to do everything quickly and thoroughly. I most enjoyed getting to talk to customers and colleagues.
Fun and enjoyable work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bundoora VIC18 October 2017
In my job I have learnt how to talk and to communicate with customers if they are unhappy. I would offer them something else for the same price or I would say to them I could make an oder for you tomorrow morning! The Hours aren't too long and it's a very enjoyable work place.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No cons
Fun place with excellent team work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 October 2017
That was very fun place with good team work.Too pressure to work by production way but environment inside was very good so that everyone work easy and fun and also that no pressure from management team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
Very good workplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Carnes Hill NSW4 October 2017
This bakery has a very good culture, all the employees are very friendly and helpful. The only disadvantage is that during most days there is overtime.
Unhappy workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Morisset NSW1 October 2017
The treatment towards me from my co-workers and boss was very unfair, as I was always accused of things I never did which meant less hours and less money for me. I loved working there but then after time the workplace became a very unhappy workforce. Other girls would bully me and tell the boss lies (which she believed) even on days I never worked.
Pros
Free food when work finished.
Cons
Unfair treatment from co-workers & boss.
beware!!!!! bullies, harassment, horrible workplace, exploitation
Staff (Former Employee) –  Maddington WA28 September 2017
owner/ manager are bullies.. accusing staff of stealing money but instead of talking to the person involve to resolve issues they make gossip about the person.. staffs are not getting proper break.. manager is keep texting previous staff to accuse, harass and threaten... please be aware they owned 3 shops of Bakers Delight in WA Metro
Cons
beware!!!!! scary workplace!!!
produactive and like workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  singapore18 September 2017
i looking for warehouse',near the singapore and easy to go and coming back
i hope this company accepts me,i needs the job now,i like working warehouse