Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

Great first job
Senior Sales Staff and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lane Cove NSWFebruary 26, 2016
Bakers Delight is a fantastic brand that is very dominant across Australia. They are heavily involved in supporting local events and always run an annual fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Network.

I started off as a junior sales staff member however after 2 years of experience and dedication to the business and job it was easy to be promoted into a more senior role.

Being promoted to a supervisor was a good experience however the pay was not that much better considering all the new roles and responsibilities that were taken on.

Overall the general corporate culture is fantastic and the customers are generally friendly and great to chat to so is perfect as a first job.
Pros
ongoing training for new promotions
Cons
early morning starts
good job for a young adult 15 - 18
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wodonga Plaza, VICDecember 14, 2015
A Typical day of work for me at Bakers Delight would include..

Customer Service
Cleaning and Merchandising duties
Assisting bakers in food preparation e.g. Icing, Pizza Toppings
Training new staff
Counting of float at the days end

The boss only wants young employers
Pros
busy work place
Cons
flat rate - no holiday or weekend salary boost
Free bread and great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Perth WAAugust 4, 2016
I worked with some great people during my time at Baker's. At the bakery I was at, they allowed us to take as much home of whatever was left at the end of the day as we wanted which was awesome (didn't buy a single loaf of bread for two years straight!). However, my boss was underpaying me and the uniforms were absolutely horrendous. In terms of flexibility, the organization was quite good. They understood busy schedules and worked to accommodate me in that area. It was a great first job for me that I gained a lot of experience from and a tip for those about to work there: make sure you get paid fairly, don't get gipped!
Pros
Free food at end of shifts, flexible shift hours, great people
Cons
Low pay, terrible uniforms
Fun Workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakuranga, AucklandSeptember 15, 2015
There is always something to do at work and your given a time frame to complete tasks that are given to you. There are always new things popping up such as new deals or promotional deals. Great benefits come along with the job such as $10 worth of bread per working day.
Pros
Free $5 worth of bread, savoury or sweet for lunch.
Cons
Hours can vary
Unorganised workplace with lack of communication between management and staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, WAJanuary 28, 2016
The duties I had to undertake were not too difficult and over time I could enjoy them as I have a strong work ethic. I enjoyed engaging with other staff members and the public and I loved setting up the bakery as I enjoy things to look appealing and be organised. I learnt many things about working in a bakery including cleaning duties, particular ways to engage with the public and sell extra product, and a lot of information about the products themselves. Unfortunately the communication and treatment of staff between and by the management was quite terrible and very unorganised.
Pros
free bread
Cons
management
This job was good for me when i was in high school but now that i have graduated im looking to expend my knowledge and get into something new.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mandurah WAFebruary 26, 2016
When I worked an opening shift I had to organise the bread and set the tills up for the day. Sometimes I had to help out the back where the bakers worked and do the icing which was always a highlight for me. The hardest part of this job was difficult customers but you quickly learn how to deal with the customer and help them with their question or concern.
I enjoyed learning how to use the till and properly how to be a closing senior handling the money and eftpos. My customer service skills have flourished since I have begun working here nearly four years ago.
Its such a good feeling when you have helped a customer and they tell you how much you have helped them or made their day. It makes customer service really worth it when you can make a difference to someone!
Friendly environmetn
Sales Staff (Current Employee) –  Marrickville Metro NSWApril 12, 2016
Workers are happy and friendly
medium to high levels of cleaning, particularly at closing
Hardest part of the job: throwing away wastage, maintaining a positive attitude and friendly manner when faced with incredibly rude and nasty customers
Most enjoyable part of the job: the exceptionally rare and amazing friendly and conversational customers
Pros
Free bag of bread when working closing, flexible working hours
Cons
Minimum Wage, uniform is not aesthetically pleasing, marrickville 'dodgy' area (some unpleasant customers)
Productive Workplace
Shop Front Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glebe NSWJuly 5, 2016
very busy place, always learning something new and meeting different people each day.
Can be very busy but makes the day go nice and fast. Very organised and have a good routine, so when you start your shift each day you know what is going on which makes the day better for yourself and people you work with.
Pros
See New Products in advance
Cons
Trying new products
Can be a fun place to Work, Most of the time its Uplifting
Apprentice Baker (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLDJune 26, 2016
I have now worked for 2 Different Bakers Delight. My First Bakers Delight I worked In Was amazing, As In the People were Amazing, They Genuinely Cared about you! There Was a terrible mix up with the wage I was getting but that all got resolved before I left.

Now when I Moved state to go work at a different Bakers Delight Who were Kind enough to wait for me, Within 2 weeks they Decided They Weren't Impressed, I can Understand about the Fact I slept in due to Alarm Clock Faults, But then they also said that My work ethic was unexceptable, that I was not up to there Standards and that I kept Messing things up that I should know!
What they Expected from me was that I could start work and After 2 weeks be able to be left there to do anything by myself. They obviously forgot that I am still a 2nd year and have just moved from a workplace that would make everything very clear and not just show me once or twice and expect me to know.
I was sick for 2 days with a viral infection and then the day I came back to work they gave me one weeks notice.

now I am left with no Job after just moving 2,000kms from everyone I loved and cared for.
Pros
Love the Work, Love finishing around lunchtime, some great people
Cons
Some people are selfish, greedy, not understanding, lack of teaching sometimes
productive and easy going workplace
Baker (Current Employee) –  Western AustraliaApril 11, 2016
a typical day at work will involve mixing doughs, molding doughs, baking and presenting to the customers. The team there are friendly although sometimes not talkative. The rosters can be changed to suit individual needs. Hardest part of the job is getting up in the morning, everything else is easy. The most enjoyable part is not always doing an 8 hour day, sometimes 7 sometimes 6.
Pros
Taking home products
Cons
Early morning starts
Nice way to begin my life in employment
Artarmon, Part-Time Job (Current Employee) –  Artarmon NSWJanuary 13, 2016
Bakers delight was my first job, which i enjoyed for the first few months, i earned experience in customer service, working in a tidy environment, taking on constructive criticism and working a changing roster. Things I enjoyed at Bakers delight were the friendly cutomers who came in on a regular basis, also the new friends i had made at the job. The hardest part of the job that i struggled with was closing the shop, it took me a while to figure out how to do a few things (such as finding quick ways to clean the equipment and counting the money at the end of the night).
Pros
Experience in customer service
Cons
Didn't get much hours or shifts from my fourth month working there
Productive and fun workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Marion SAAugust 3, 2016
Baker delight teaches you to move quick and get things done on time. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning bread and picking up the skills to make bread a profitable adventure.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Only bread
maagement very poor and under paid.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Nowra NSWAugust 29, 2016
. in the end I hated my job. some staff were very bias making me in a very sad state everyday at work. they make you work when you are sick and do ridiculous hours that's why im glad I got fired for nothing I did.
Loved it! A great place to work!
Retail Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Currimundi QLDMay 31, 2016
I love the Bakers Delight Brand and have always enjoyed working as part of the team within the bakery environment.
I love the customers, particularly the regulars that you get to know and see everyday. A very happy environment to work!
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Sales Staff (Former Employee) –  Forestville, NSWNovember 15, 2015
The workplace was fun and challenging. A typical day involved dealing with customers, both difficult people and the regulars, cleaning the back and the equipment used as well as floating the tills and entering production/wastage. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff members who grew to become close friends and building a connection with the regular customers.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customer complaints, however I handled all complaints maturely and efficiently.
Management had enough faith in me that they let me work unsupervised and trusted me with closing shifts and that allowed me to gain confidence in myself and learn how to be responsible for the cleanliness of my workplace, as well as how to be a leader. Training new staff members was always a great opportunity as it helped me gain strengths in leadership as well as increase my own skills within the business.
great workplace and learnt to work in high pace requirement
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macquarie Centre NSWJuly 21, 2016
Had best experience when was inducted and trained.
Learn the essential business skills.
Encouraging work atmosphere.
Pros
free products for the days production
Cons
nothing
Good and Interesting Place To Learn Skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Haven NSWMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed each and everyday learning new skills that I will keep on board for any future career. The people skills that I were taught I believe will definitely help me out in the long run.
Awesome place to work, great team of people
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield QLDAugust 18, 2016
I loved working with Bakers Delight, I would still be there if I hadn't thought I was going to move up to the Sunshine Coast. Loved the great team of people I worked with.
It was a safe and happy workplace with great staff
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne South Eastern Suburbs VICJune 29, 2016
Work was enjoyable, I learnt how to use the register, how to talk to customers which has helped me in becoming a much more confident person all thanks to the company.
fun working there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWJuly 18, 2016
very workable environment
nice pay
friendly co workers
enjoy baking and dealing with the customers
fun working over there
best management at all
Pros
friendly working place
Cons
no specific