Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good work environment
Customer service (Former Employee), parabanks adelaide S.A.February 1, 2016
Pros: could take home left overs at end of day
Cons: was left in training alone during busiest hour
was a great experience, good work ethics. troubled team, environment was not friendly but over all a great experience and business.
Unorganised workplace with lack of communication between management and staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Midland, WAJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: free bread
Cons: management
The duties I had to undertake were not too difficult and over time I could enjoy them as I have a strong work ethic. I enjoyed engaging with other staff members and the public and I loved setting up the bakery as I enjoy things to look appealing and be organised. I learnt many things about working in a bakery including cleaning duties, particular ways to engage with the public and sell extra product, and a lot of information about the products themselves. Unfortunately the communication and treatment of staff between and by the management was quite terrible and very unorganised.
Nice way to begin my life in employment
Artarmon, Part-Time Job (Current Employee), Artarmon NSWJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Experience in customer service
Cons: Didn't get much hours or shifts from my fourth month working there
Bakers delight was my first job, which i enjoyed for the first few months, i earned experience in customer service, working in a tidy environment, taking on constructive criticism and working a changing roster. Things I enjoyed at Bakers delight were the friendly cutomers who came in on a regular basis, also the new friends i had made at the job. The hardest part of the job that i struggled with was closing the shop, it took me a while to figure out how to do a few things (such as finding quick ways to clean the equipment and counting the money at the end of the night).
...
Customer service and retail (Former Employee), VIC and QldJanuary 5, 2016
learnt the basic customer service skills Really enjoyed working here lovely team members was a great work experience,only left due to business closing down.
good job for a young adult 15 - 18
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wodonga Plaza, VICDecember 14, 2015
Pros: busy work place
Cons: flat rate - no holiday or weekend salary boost
A Typical day of work for me at Bakers Delight would include..

Customer Service
Cleaning and Merchandising duties
Assisting bakers in food preparation e.g. Icing, Pizza Toppings
Training new staff
Counting of float at the days end

The boss only wants young employers
Senior team member (Current Employee), Mermaid Waters, QLDDecember 8, 2015
Pros: great group of people
Cons: short shifts
Very supportive and fun environment with excellent management. Always reliable with the amount of hours given. Very up front
Productive fast paced
Sales Assistant/Manager (Former Employee), Southport, QLDDecember 8, 2015
Bakers delight was a fast paced and productive fun work environment. Plenty of room for growth and overall a fun place to work.
Bakers Delight gave me excellent customer service skills, cash handling skills, stock control, stock display skills and qualifications in food handing
Customer service (Former Employee), Hastings, VICNovember 27, 2015
Pros: free fresh bread
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work consisted of the following:
- Stocking shelves
- Cash handling
- Cleaning
- Customer service
- Sales
- Shutting up shop

Food hygiene and personal hygiene was taught to me and I quickly picked up how to keep the food displayed nicely.
I learnt to work as a team and keep an eye on others needs as well as still giving good customer service.

The owner was the baker and we hardly ever saw him, but he was lovely.
There was a manager employed to do our rosters and teach us staff what to do. The manager was a little difficult to work with, however as the business was so busy it did not effect me to much, it meant there was no time for breaks. Eating something or going to the toilet was difficult as no break times even lunch was granted.

Bakers Delight was a good environment to work in and regular clientèle's made it enjoyable.
Building relationships with my colleagues was easy as we all shared positive work ethics.

The challengers in the day was early in the mornings, greeting customers whilst stocking the shelves.
Prioritising my time was essential as there was a constant stream of customers and I had to ensure that the stock was replenished and well displayed without keeping the customers waiting to long.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making some really good friends and eating the bread ! We were able to take home the excessive bread that was not sold on the day.
Great boss and people I worked with but work wasn't all the enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), North Melbourne VICNovember 18, 2015
Loved my boss, was able to pick my hours each week however the work that we had to do wasn't the funnest and the pay wasn't great. Very flexible
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Sales Staff (Former Employee), Forestville, NSWNovember 15, 2015
The workplace was fun and challenging. A typical day involved dealing with customers, both difficult people and the regulars, cleaning the back and the equipment used as well as floating the tills and entering production/wastage. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff members who grew to become close friends and building a connection with the regular customers.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customer complaints, however I handled all complaints maturely and efficiently.
Management had enough faith in me that they let me work unsupervised and trusted me with closing shifts and that allowed me to gain confidence in myself and learn how to be responsible for the cleanliness of my workplace, as well as how to be a leader. Training new staff members was always a great opportunity as it helped me gain strengths in leadership as well as increase my own skills within the business.
Qualified Baker (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICNovember 8, 2015
Pros: be able to bring fresh bread home to the family
Cons: long hours
All round view,

Bakers delight are a nice bunch of people to work with.
the hardest part of the job would have to be the hours. Getting up when family are still asleep and knowing i am at work making people bread for them to et each day gives me a great feeling
lovely people enjoyable place
Bateau Bay - Apprentice Baker - Register Service (Former Employee), Bateau BayOctober 21, 2015
Pros: free bread
Cons: night shift
The production of making bread time management is very important whilst producing the perfect products helping and assisting your co workers so they are able to perform.Accomplishing a good hard days work.
was a fast paced job
Baker (Former Employee), Joondalup, WAOctober 12, 2015
Pros: free baked goods
Cons: midnight starts
team was great , plenty of jokes , pay was on time , was always kept on my toes , learnt many new skills , boss was great guy but firm , was a safe n clean work environment
A good first job, not great for the long term
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Hutton, NSWOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Good team attitude, good first job
Cons: Lack of shifts, poor wages
This job gave me a lot of great skills that I would need for future jobs, such as working as a team, running a store and building skills in customer service.
decent work environment
Apprentice Baker (Former Employee), Ascot vale, Melbourne, VicSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: good staff to work with
Cons: bad hours
working at Bakers delight was ok but i did'nt like the hours, throughout my time there the team i worked with was pretty good, never really any issues. the work was good and easy enough to master but after a while it started to get very repetetive and a little boring. Overall i would rate my time at Bakers Delight as decent.
Fun Workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Pakuranga, AucklandSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Free $5 worth of bread, savoury or sweet for lunch.
Cons: Hours can vary
There is always something to do at work and your given a time frame to complete tasks that are given to you. There are always new things popping up such as new deals or promotional deals. Great benefits come along with the job such as $10 worth of bread per working day.
Easy going workplace with friendly faces!
Sales girl (Current Employee), Melbourne, VICSeptember 6, 2015
Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. I achieved a certificate III in Food Processing (Sales) through Bakers Delight and built my skills and confidence here as it was my first job. Both long and short hours are provided
productive and enjoyable work atmosphere
Casual worker (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICAugust 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no bathroom
Baker Delight was well managed with obvious goals set for the store. It was easy to communicate unavailability and co-workers were more then willing to help if you could not work a given shift. The environment was friendly with still the professional atmosphere of a work place.
Bakers Delight
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Gold Coast, QLDAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Interacting with people.
Cons: Only got 1 break every 6 hours.
I loved working at Baker's Delight, i love working in general, it was something to keep me busy and i love serving people. The hardest part of the job was getting to learn everything, but i did learn fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was busy because time flew past, got to interact with people.
Great and fun place to work
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Thornlie, WAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Staff, Manager
It was always a fun place to work. I am still friends with 90% of the staff that worked there when I was there. I talk to all of them through Facebook. The management was very flexible and understanding. I got my most recent job through a customer from this workplace.