Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICJune 3, 2014
Pros: free bakery goods
Cons: working at different stores
Bakers delight is a very popular bakery with multiple stores around Melbourne, Australia. I believe that being a sales assistant at Bakers delight was a great learning experience as I was exposed to an environment where I had to adjust to customer needs and also the needs of my fellow employees.This is where I learned my customer service skills and – more... how to deal with different kinds of situations during the course of a day.
I have always been a well organised person therefore being on time or getting the requirements of my job done wasn't hard for me.
During night evening shifts, once the day had finished all employees had to clean the whole store including shelves, the floor and the emptying the bins. This was due to hygienic reasons as we were dealing with freshly baked items. I found this to be the hardest part as it required a lot of lifting.
Other than that, I enjoyed communicating with different customers and received great satisfaction once customers left the store with a smile on their face as I knew that I had done a good job. Additionally, I enjoyed helping my team mates when they needed assistance. – less
Productive and skillful company.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Dandenong, VICMay 20, 2014
Pros: staff members
Cons: insufficient pay rate
I have been employed at Bakers Delight for 3 and a half years, During this time i have been able to learn many skills such as how to deal with basic money handling and transactions, cleaning and maintaining the workplace at all times and more importantly gained skills on up selling products and dealing with a diverse range of customers. I am a very – more... friendly and approachable person and therefore enjoy working with the fellow staff members and interacting with customers on a daily basis. – less
Good fair workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hampton, VICMay 14, 2014
Pros: alternating campaigns, free bread, kind manager
Cons: busy workplace
Bakers Delight was a really great first job! I was hired just after turning fifteen and my manager was very kind to me.

A typical morning shift would include packaging bread, bringing bread to the front of the store, merchandising, entering production on the register, serving customers, sweeping the floor, washing wires and mopping the floor.

An evening – more... shift entailed serving customers, mopping floors, counting wastage, entering wastage on the register, assisting the bread collectors, sweeping the slicer, cleaning the counters and throwing out the rubbish.

My co-workers were mostly friendly and we completed Relay for Life together. There was also a Christmas party at AMF.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to operate the cash register and fix errors on it.

The most enjoyable part was recieving free bread and packaging food. It was also exciting when a new campaign arrived. – less
Was Very Tense & Sad Place To Come To Every Day
Baker (Former Employee), Armidale NswApril 23, 2014
Pros: free food & baking of baked goods;
Cons: the people i would have to work with.
Did Not Really Like Working Here Mainly Due To The People I Had To Go Into Every Day But The Job Itself Was Wonderful And It Was A Great Experience.
Baker Pastry cook
Baker/Pastry Apprenticeship (Former Employee), Melbourne Vic & Regnal.April 21, 2014
Pros: lucky to get a brek
Cons: very long hour's
Over 7 year's In Bakery trad,
7 day's week Night and morining work.
Have good knowlg of OH&S
good at taking control of sticky Sitch waiten.
EXampl: When pawer go out what to do.
Friendly workplace
Casual worker (Former Employee), Hope IslandApril 20, 2014
Pros: $5 off food after shift
Cons: unfriendly staff
At Bakers Delight i would serve customers, clean and prepare food. I learned how to communicate to customers and how to clean certain equipment. Most of the management and co-workers were friendly towards staff and customers. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours trying to keep working without any customers. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job would be serving the customers. – less
Awesome
Ssales Assistant (Former Employee), Seaford, VICFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: being able to take left over food home. play whatever music we wanted
Cons: no cons
Best place to work. loved the people loved the food. Loved everything about it
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Chirnside Park, VICJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: got bread at the end of the day if we were on closing shift
On a typical day i would serve customers, fill up the bread, clean the cabnets, make displays with the bread and clean.
This job wasn't flexible for casual employee's
Counter Service (Former Employee), Lismore, NSWJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: shifts were usually short and the amount of labor involved was minimal
Cons: it was hard to make up enough shifts to get a decent wage and you didn't get holidays
This particular stores working hours weren't flexible for casual employee's because there were minimal employees available also there was no way to work your way into a permanent position, casual positions were all that were available. I found the work to be monotonous but the employees where friendly and I thought they taught you good customer service – more... practices. – less
Good to work for, very bad wage
Baker (Current Employee), Karingal Hub, VictoriaNovember 20, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: long and early hours, bad wages
A general day working for bakers, Really good co-workers some can bully from time to time, once all the baking is done the most dragging part of the day is the cleaning as it takes longer to clean then it does to bake.
i love to work there fun workplace
Sales assistant (Current Employee), new lynnNovember 7, 2013
my co-workers are very nice and friendly . they teach me so many things i learned that things properly and applied to my work . the most enjoyable part of the job is doing customer service talking to customers and when we are working as a team thats the enjoyable part.
Fun and Easy
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cranbourne, VictoriaOctober 29, 2013
At Baker's Delight I would serve customers and clean the shop.
Also helped prepare the dough for the bread.
The hardest part was remembering the prices of the food.
But it was a fun time working there because it gave me a better understanding of communication skills
Baking Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Shepparton, VICSeptember 7, 2013
It was a fun job to have for a first job but not something i'd have continued. The hours were effecting my studies at the time.
Fantastic work place
Baker (Former Employee), noosa heads qldAugust 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Great people to work for was just so unfortunate I had to leave due to loss of transport.
Franchisee is rude, demeaning and rude.
Sales Staff (Former Employee), Ferntree Plaza, Melbourne VICMarch 1, 2013
the franchisee i worked for made work life atrocious. She was rude, condescending and impossible to work with, she was a bully and was constantly putting me and my co-workers down. The other staff members i am happy to say were lovely and we were like a family. However any love for the job i had was squandered by the boss.
Fun work place with great co-workers
Retail Customer Service (Current Employee), PukekoheFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, free coffee, excellent work environment, discounts
Cons: not enough hours, patches of the day where nothing happens
a typical day at work would be to make all the bread look sellable, put all the labels on the bread products, fill up a tastings tray, Make room so more stock can be put on the racks for sale. Provide excellent customer service to everyone that comes in, make coffee, perform cash ups on tills, clean the shop (which includes various tasks that have to – more... be done by a certain time).
I have learned various skills of Time management, making coffee, customer service skills, dealing with all members of the public, counting money, merchandising, cleaning, and being a practical thinker.
co-workers are all excellent to work witH
Hardest part of the job would be working around christmas and easter where hundreds of orders are placed and need to be sorted.
The most enjoyable part would be talking to the kind regulars who come in and learning about them along with working with an excellent team. – less
stable casual position
casual (Former Employee), burwood NSWFebruary 10, 2013
Great place for first job as a young casual
flexible hours
free bread at end of day
comfortable environment
If you enjoy baking and have a good boss/franchisee then it my be enjoyable.
Baker (Current Employee), South Australia.February 5, 2013
Pros: free bread, good place to make friends as it's usually a close knit team of bakers.
Cons: hours, pay (in most cases), social life, untrained franchisees. the list could go on
I have been with Bakers Delight for around 9 years all up. Over the years I have encountered a select few decent franchisees. I work for one now. The majority of the time, the franchisee/s are only interested in the lining of their own pocket which is fair enough. But they are the ones that don't know anything about baking and abuse their workers and – more... take advantage of them. A lot of the time the franchisees are only interested in quantity over quality which results in overworked bakers under time pressure. As all Bakers know, good bread requires good time and management. The pay for the work we do is unreasonable. You would easily get paid around $100 more per week working the same hours at Woolworths or Coles even as a Checkout operator. The Training system for Apprentices is pathetic as a lot of them don't even go to TAFE which in the end means poorer quality tradesmen. Baker's Delight is now far more interested in profit than quality product, customer service and their reputation. They need to support their Bakers more rather than letting people with more money than sense buy franchises. Unqualified franchisees are employing Apprentices without qualified tradesmen just to save money. They are constantly taking 1st year apprentices and getting rid of them after their "3 months probation". A good, fair boss is hard to find nowadays, but I work for one now. I like the place, I still have pride in my quality but thanks to the Bakers Delight system I want to leave and not look back and I am working on that. – less
Bearable
Apprentice (Former Employee), SunburyJanuary 29, 2013
Cons: long hours
It was a good place to work except for the constant bullying.
Enjoyable, productive and challenging workplace at Bakers Delight
Sales assistant (Current Employee), Fountain Gate Shopping Centre VicJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: flexibility with hours and free staff take home bread.
Cons: restrictions in extending work shifts when requiring extra hours.
Having worked at Bakers Delight for the past 4 years and 8 months l have found my position to be very enjoyable! My main position is front of store dealing directly with the public. I have learnt many aspects of the business with having such a strong work ethic with the ability to use my initiative. I thoroughly enjoy having regular on line courses, – more... keeping me up to date with product knowledge. My co workers are both senior and junior staff members having the ability to work with both as a team, in a positive manner. The hardest part of my job is keeping myself busy when the shop is quiet, being restricted from leaving my work station whilst being on my own in the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer relationships l have built having regular clients looking out for me. l enjoy having the ability to be challenged to up sell products, believing in the product and offering good customer service that l would expect for myself. – less

About Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight is Australia's most successful bakery franchise. Over the past 31 years this Australian owned company, has – Read more