Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

Great first job
Senior Sales Staff and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lane Cove NSWFebruary 26, 2016
Bakers Delight is a fantastic brand that is very dominant across Australia. They are heavily involved in supporting local events and always run an annual fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Network.

I started off as a junior sales staff member however after 2 years of experience and dedication to the business and job it was easy to be promoted into a more senior role.

Being promoted to a supervisor was a good experience however the pay was not that much better considering all the new roles and responsibilities that were taken on.

Overall the general corporate culture is fantastic and the customers are generally friendly and great to chat to so is perfect as a first job.
Pros
ongoing training for new promotions
Cons
early morning starts
good job for a young adult 15 - 18
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wodonga Plaza, VICDecember 14, 2015
A Typical day of work for me at Bakers Delight would include..

Customer Service
Cleaning and Merchandising duties
Assisting bakers in food preparation e.g. Icing, Pizza Toppings
Training new staff
Counting of float at the days end

The boss only wants young employers
Pros
busy work place
Cons
flat rate - no holiday or weekend salary boost
Fun Workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakuranga, AucklandSeptember 15, 2015
There is always something to do at work and your given a time frame to complete tasks that are given to you. There are always new things popping up such as new deals or promotional deals. Great benefits come along with the job such as $10 worth of bread per working day.
Pros
Free $5 worth of bread, savoury or sweet for lunch.
Cons
Hours can vary
Unorganised workplace with lack of communication between management and staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, WAJanuary 28, 2016
The duties I had to undertake were not too difficult and over time I could enjoy them as I have a strong work ethic. I enjoyed engaging with other staff members and the public and I loved setting up the bakery as I enjoy things to look appealing and be organised. I learnt many things about working in a bakery including cleaning duties, particular ways to engage with the public and sell extra product, and a lot of information about the products themselves. Unfortunately the communication and treatment of staff between and by the management was quite terrible and very unorganised.
Pros
free bread
Cons
management
This job was good for me when i was in high school but now that i have graduated im looking to expend my knowledge and get into something new.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mandurah WAFebruary 26, 2016
When I worked an opening shift I had to organise the bread and set the tills up for the day. Sometimes I had to help out the back where the bakers worked and do the icing which was always a highlight for me. The hardest part of this job was difficult customers but you quickly learn how to deal with the customer and help them with their question or concern.
I enjoyed learning how to use the till and properly how to be a closing senior handling the money and eftpos. My customer service skills have flourished since I have begun working here nearly four years ago.
Its such a good feeling when you have helped a customer and they tell you how much you have helped them or made their day. It makes customer service really worth it when you can make a difference to someone!
Friendly environmetn
Sales Staff (Current Employee) –  Marrickville Metro NSWApril 12, 2016
Workers are happy and friendly
medium to high levels of cleaning, particularly at closing
Hardest part of the job: throwing away wastage, maintaining a positive attitude and friendly manner when faced with incredibly rude and nasty customers
Most enjoyable part of the job: the exceptionally rare and amazing friendly and conversational customers
Pros
Free bag of bread when working closing, flexible working hours
Cons
Minimum Wage, uniform is not aesthetically pleasing, marrickville 'dodgy' area (some unpleasant customers)
Nice way to begin my life in employment
Artarmon, Part-Time Job (Current Employee) –  Artarmon NSWJanuary 13, 2016
Bakers delight was my first job, which i enjoyed for the first few months, i earned experience in customer service, working in a tidy environment, taking on constructive criticism and working a changing roster. Things I enjoyed at Bakers delight were the friendly cutomers who came in on a regular basis, also the new friends i had made at the job. The hardest part of the job that i struggled with was closing the shop, it took me a while to figure out how to do a few things (such as finding quick ways to clean the equipment and counting the money at the end of the night).
Pros
Experience in customer service
Cons
Didn't get much hours or shifts from my fourth month working there
Productive Workplace
Shop Front Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glebe NSWJuly 5, 2016
very busy place, always learning something new and meeting different people each day.
Can be very busy but makes the day go nice and fast. Very organised and have a good routine, so when you start your shift each day you know what is going on which makes the day better for yourself and people you work with.
Pros
See New Products in advance
Cons
Trying new products
Can be a fun place to Work, Most of the time its Uplifting
Apprentice Baker (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLDJune 26, 2016
I have now worked for 2 Different Bakers Delight. My First Bakers Delight I worked In Was amazing, As In the People were Amazing, They Genuinely Cared about you! There Was a terrible mix up with the wage I was getting but that all got resolved before I left.

Now when I Moved state to go work at a different Bakers Delight Who were Kind enough to wait for me, Within 2 weeks they Decided They Weren't Impressed, I can Understand about the Fact I slept in due to Alarm Clock Faults, But then they also said that My work ethic was unexceptable, that I was not up to there Standards and that I kept Messing things up that I should know!
What they Expected from me was that I could start work and After 2 weeks be able to be left there to do anything by myself. They obviously forgot that I am still a 2nd year and have just moved from a workplace that would make everything very clear and not just show me once or twice and expect me to know.
I was sick for 2 days with a viral infection and then the day I came back to work they gave me one weeks notice.

now I am left with no Job after just moving 2,000kms from everyone I loved and cared for.
Pros
Love the Work, Love finishing around lunchtime, some great people
Cons
Some people are selfish, greedy, not understanding, lack of teaching sometimes
Productive workplace with friendly staff
Sales Staff (Former Employee) –  Forestville, NSWNovember 15, 2015
The workplace was fun and challenging. A typical day involved dealing with customers, both difficult people and the regulars, cleaning the back and the equipment used as well as floating the tills and entering production/wastage. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff members who grew to become close friends and building a connection with the regular customers.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customer complaints, however I handled all complaints maturely and efficiently.
Management had enough faith in me that they let me work unsupervised and trusted me with closing shifts and that allowed me to gain confidence in myself and learn how to be responsible for the cleanliness of my workplace, as well as how to be a leader. Training new staff members was always a great opportunity as it helped me gain strengths in leadership as well as increase my own skills within the business.
Good and Interesting Place To Learn Skills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Haven NSWMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed each and everyday learning new skills that I will keep on board for any future career. The people skills that I were taught I believe will definitely help me out in the long run.
Loved it! A great place to work!
Retail Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Currimundi QLDMay 31, 2016
I love the Bakers Delight Brand and have always enjoyed working as part of the team within the bakery environment.
I love the customers, particularly the regulars that you get to know and see everyday. A very happy environment to work!
Incredible work place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsway WAApril 20, 2016
The customers were an interesting bunch but it was the workers that truly made the long hours fly by. If you can still get your job done and have fun with the people you work with I personally feel like that is the best work environment for all people.
Pros
Workers, free bread
Cons
Seeds everywhere
Great Staff, and Friendly Customers
Senior Customer Service (C/S) Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jerrabomberra NSWMay 16, 2016
Bakers Delight has guided me into being an independent hard working member, with confidence when talking and selling to customers, and to have a driven aspect towards sales
Pros
Amazing Atmosphere
team work
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Eden, AucklandMay 30, 2016
I am really keen to work with staff because I am always very friend and supportive for others. I am really dedicated for customer service I hope I will learn more about customer service from this company.
fun workplace, nice workers
Customer service sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Claremont TASFebruary 26, 2016
from working at bakers delight I've socially improved on talking to customers and form connections with fellow work colleagues. How to make sales and sell products and present an ideal workplace.
Pros
lunch breaks, forming friendships with workers and customers
Cons
workplace conditions in heat
Finish early, More family time.
Baker/Production Manager/Qualified Baker (Current Employee) –  Melton VICFebruary 4, 2016
Once you know what you are doing it is a very easy job and you always have great staff to work with. The downside to working here is you don't get out at the time your rostered on to unless the place is clean so if you fall behind in anyway you may get out an hour or so late.
Pros
finish early
Cons
no breaks
Great Workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VICApril 10, 2016
Within my few weeks of working there, I have found that the people are very easy to get along with and are very friendly. I have enjoyed my time at Bakers Delight and I believe that it will only get better
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastgardens NSWApril 11, 2016
productive, always something to do. good management and friendly supportive staff, loyal customer basis. eastgardens bakers delight. learner how to operate a cash register and good customer service skills.
Great workplace, good workmates
Apprentice Baker (Current Employee) –  Portland VICMay 24, 2016
Great workplace, good workmates, nice solid hours one hour lunch break, always busy and on your feet good baking products