Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Rockingham, Western AustraliaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: understanding management
Cons: limited hours
Bakers Delight was my first job, and I have remained here as I advanced, and finally graduated High School as well as begun my time at University. It is a good starting place for employment and many important and fundamental skills were taught here, that I will continue to carry through to every work experience I have in my life.
Not enough experince
Customer Service (Former Employee), Park Center BunburyDecember 28, 2014
Pros: free food when your on the closing shift
Cons: long hours and super fast pace and trying to learn the cash register my self.
Dealing with customers and cleaning out the shelf and getting ready for the next day.

What i learned is not everything is fair in work.

Didnt have a manager around much.

Trying to learn by my self was the most hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part about the job was cleaning up after the shift.
very friendly workers
sales (Former Employee), wannerooDecember 3, 2014
very friendly workers to work with..easy job.

slicing bread,cleaning,

the hardest part I would say is the cleaning.

the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.

I learnt how to slice bread in a machine , meeting new people ..

very friendly customers that come in ...
FUN FUN FUN
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Keysborough, VICNovember 11, 2014
Pros: end of day take home
Cons: nothing
great girls to work with, easy job, great manager,great girls to work with, easy job, great manager,great girls to work with, easy job, great manager,
Friendly and hard working staff
Bakers Assistant (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWNovember 5, 2014
Pros: able to work whilst at school
I was unable to work for Bakers Delight for more than 2 months due to the fact that they were hiring an apprentice to do my tasks as part of a rearrangement of staff.

I learnt to make products and assisted the bakers wherever needed.
Great first job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Penrith, NSWNovember 4, 2014
Pros: obtaining a cert 2 in retail operations
A typical day at work was front of house customer service and cleaning of the shop once closed.
I learnt a lot from this job, I was only working there for 2 months and they offered me a Certificate 2 in Retail Operations so I learnt a lot about OH&S and customer service. I completed that certificate early as I really enjoyed doing it.
I didn't find this job hard at all. I was excited to be working as it was my first job after leaving school.
great
sales assistant (Former Employee), macurthur square campbelltownNovember 2, 2014
great people to meet and learn new skills such as types of bread it was a hard on your feet 8-12 hours a day
great company to work for
Baker (Former Employee), Katoomba, NSWOctober 28, 2014
for a long time I enjoyed working for the company alto the hours didn't suit my life style
Fun and productive place to work.
sales and customer service (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWOctober 12, 2014
My co-workers were friendly from the start and supported me throughout my time working for bakers delight while the management always informed on new promotions or events as well as providing me with training that would in the future help me deal with issues that arose during my shifts. The most enjoyable part on the job was the people that worked there, they were welcoming and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job would be the early morning shifts. Throughout my time working in Bakers Delight i was taught how to use the cash register, deal with customers, calculate stock and overall communicate with the customers.
fun and enjoyable
Customer Service (Current Employee), Casula Mall, NSWSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch, working with nice people
Cons: no cons
a typical day at work would be to clean and sell bread

what i learned was the different types of bread and what is in them and how they make you healthier

my co-workers are amazing to be around with, nice and respectful
Fun and Creative
Cashier (Former Employee), Merriwa, NSWSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: hours, duties job itself
Cons: some of the people
I honestly really loved and enjoyed it. My job was fantasic I loved it absolutely adored the people I worked with and the duties I have.
this is for the pet store not bakers delighy
Retail assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
it was a good place to work because of the animals, learnt about how to look after animals, management fine, co workers great, nothing was hard and everything was enjoyable.
good company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), ringwood northAugust 30, 2014
worked for the industries for 10 years and won many awards and judged several bread shows including 2012 roger gillespie winner in victoria
Under Pressure
Apprentice Baker (Former Employee), Perth, WAJuly 22, 2014
Great Job but unstable within management.
Having been a young apprentice I was left several times with no trades person on site (in store) to lead the team in delivery goods for the morning. In which I worked myself in over taking and leading before the Apprenticeship Board took over
Hard work, good knowledge gained
Apprentice Baker (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDJuly 10, 2014
Pros: food provided
Cons: working hours
Early start,
learning different bread and pastry techniques,
management not the best,
hardest part is early starts,
good part was the food knowledge
Challenging and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICJune 3, 2014
Pros: free bakery goods
Cons: working at different stores
Bakers delight is a very popular bakery with multiple stores around Melbourne, Australia. I believe that being a sales assistant at Bakers delight was a great learning experience as I was exposed to an environment where I had to adjust to customer needs and also the needs of my fellow employees.This is where I learned my customer service skills and how to deal with different kinds of situations during the course of a day.
I have always been a well organised person therefore being on time or getting the requirements of my job done wasn't hard for me.
During night evening shifts, once the day had finished all employees had to clean the whole store including shelves, the floor and the emptying the bins. This was due to hygienic reasons as we were dealing with freshly baked items. I found this to be the hardest part as it required a lot of lifting.
Other than that, I enjoyed communicating with different customers and received great satisfaction once customers left the store with a smile on their face as I knew that I had done a good job. Additionally, I enjoyed helping my team mates when they needed assistance.
Productive and skillful company.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Dandenong, VICMay 20, 2014
Pros: staff members
Cons: insufficient pay rate
I have been employed at Bakers Delight for 3 and a half years, During this time i have been able to learn many skills such as how to deal with basic money handling and transactions, cleaning and maintaining the workplace at all times and more importantly gained skills on up selling products and dealing with a diverse range of customers. I am a very friendly and approachable person and therefore enjoy working with the fellow staff members and interacting with customers on a daily basis.
Good fair workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hampton, VICMay 14, 2014
Pros: alternating campaigns, free bread, kind manager
Cons: busy workplace
Bakers Delight was a really great first job! I was hired just after turning fifteen and my manager was very kind to me.

A typical morning shift would include packaging bread, bringing bread to the front of the store, merchandising, entering production on the register, serving customers, sweeping the floor, washing wires and mopping the floor.

An evening shift entailed serving customers, mopping floors, counting wastage, entering wastage on the register, assisting the bread collectors, sweeping the slicer, cleaning the counters and throwing out the rubbish.

My co-workers were mostly friendly and we completed Relay for Life together. There was also a Christmas party at AMF.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to operate the cash register and fix errors on it.

The most enjoyable part was recieving free bread and packaging food. It was also exciting when a new campaign arrived.
Was Very Tense & Sad Place To Come To Every Day
Baker (Former Employee), Armidale NswApril 23, 2014
Pros: free food & baking of baked goods;
Cons: the people i would have to work with.
Did Not Really Like Working Here Mainly Due To The People I Had To Go Into Every Day But The Job Itself Was Wonderful And It Was A Great Experience.
Baker Pastry cook
Baker/Pastry Apprenticeship (Former Employee), Melbourne Vic & Regnal.April 21, 2014
Pros: lucky to get a brek
Cons: very long hour's
Over 7 year's In Bakery trad,
7 day's week Night and morining work.
Have good knowlg of OH&S
good at taking control of sticky Sitch waiten.
EXampl: When pawer go out what to do.

1 2 3

About Bakers Delight

Bakers Delight is Australia's most successful bakery franchise. Over the past 31 years this Australian owned company, has – Read more