A poor choice of work; your milage may vary.
office worker (Former Employee) – calgary – June 5, 2013
I left the company for several reasons:
- Lack of autonomy; no room for individual initiative.
- Excessively stressful and hostile working environment (partly because of my supervisor and partly due to company culture)
- Not getting along with my supervisor (at this company people are not promoted based on their ability to work well with others)
- Below-Market Remuneration (my pay was roughly 20% below market; others left the facility for the same reason--there was 25% turnover in roughly a one year period)
- Minimal training (I had done no training for 8-12 months, though not from lack of interest)
- Lack of job variety (an issue specific to my position, your milage may vary)
- The conservative, top-down, hierarchical, and dictatorial nature of the organization (This should be patently obvious to anyone currently working for the company. For instance, there are 200 presidents and vice presidents)
- My job duties did not match the job posting (12 items were listed, I only did 3 with any frequency. 90% of my time was spent doing something that wasn't listed)