Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Professional office, highly intelligent team, comfortable work environment
Base Administrator, CTRE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2014
Typical day at work starts with checking and responding to emails and review from work done the day before. Management and co-workers keep me busy and include me in on their current projects. Hardest part of my job is "public speaking" in front of a large group. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with such a great team who appreciate my assistance in the office.
Good job, bad time in O & G
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB22 September 2015
when times are food and oil is up its a good place to work, when oil is down start looking for a new job. I would work for Baker in the future.
great work environment and good managment
Drill Bit Salesman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2013
i was a drill bit sales man. i managed my accounts as efficiently as possible to ensure the lowest possible prices for my clientel. this job required severe organizational and preparation skills. i analyzed bit records to ensure the proper application for my customers.
Pros
great job security and an excellent environment
Cons
poorly compensated and bad balance with work and life.
great company
M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2013
Great job, great income. Unstable schudule makes for a difficult work-life balance while working in the field.
Pros
culture, excellent people to work with
Cons
no work schedule
Efficient work place with independent coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2015
I worked as an administrative assistant for 10 months. I mainly helped a lady who worked for guys working at the location. We kept records the depth, the tools they used, and hours they worked. We also kept the vehicle records they used for work. After few month, I was asked to put the records to their system, so I was responsible for that. The hardest part was to put the record of the tools, but I got to know some tools after few months. I feel people have their own work, so everyone worked individually.
Excellent Company to work for.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 April 2015
Entered sales, returns, stock transfers and adjustments from tickets forwarded from remote warehouses daily.

Inventory counts for various warehouse locations.

Prepared all customs documentation for outgoing international shipments to the United States and ensured all documentation was sent to appropriate parties for Customs clearance.
Pros
Freedom to work independently
Cons
Winter driving on QEII
It was a good company while it lasted
Bulk Truck Driver / Driver trainer and assessor (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK2 April 2015
Started there as BJ services and was a Bulk truck driver it was a great job till they closed the second busiest base in the Estevan area poor management but great job
a safe place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 March 2015
I drove the worker back and forth to the oil fields.
Learn safely,
great management
learn you just have to get along with all co worker, which I got along with everyone
Driving on off roads
picking up the crew and getting them home safety
Pros
camp job
Cons
To hard of physical labor for a woman
Tool Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 December 2014
Overlifting and the use of a 20' snipe was a daily activity for work in the open hole end of the shop. Shoulders and back eventually gave out and had to quit.
Pros
Long hours on call
Cons
Team work
learned lots in the chemical end of oil and gas
Class 1 driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 July 2012
12 to 14 hours a day. learned a lot of what probloms there is in oil and gas production.

co-workers where great to work with. Management said what they had to say to get the job done.

For me the best part of my job was meeting lots of people through out Alberta that worked for baker in all corners ot the province
An overated company saturated with unqualified personel who are more interested in their resume than their performance.
Feild Specialist 2 - INT (Former Employee) –  Red Deer , Alberta , Canada9 February 2015
Strange for an Oil and Gas Specialty company who have roughly 90% of their employees hired with out any Oil and Gas experience.
No wonder why they are failing in Canada.
Not a surprise that they were in the " RED " financially.
To the point where Haliburton purchased them.
I'm glad I left.
Good place to work,
Bulk Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  clairmont7 December 2012
Baker Hughes was a good place to work, however management and supervisors only came around if you screwed something up. Little to no direction/orders given by supervisor(s).
Pros
free lunches from third party companies, 6 days off
Cons
only getting noticed when you mess up, and not when you do a stand up job.
Steady work and some great employees to work with.
Bulk Plant/Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB21 April 2014
I hauled cement or sand out to job sites in Saskatchewan, Alberta or Northern BC. I enjoyed getting behind the wheel of the trucks and driving with some physical activity of helping rig up the equipment at times. The worst part of the job was being away from the wife and home for weeks at a time but it also made you appreciate those things and not take them for granted. Would still be working there but they shut down the southern district for pressure pumping.
Interesting work and god people to work with.
MECHANICAL DESIGNER/PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2013
There is no typical work day at Baker Hughes. It is fast paced and ever changing.
Management is fairly relaxed and very hands on, because they have a vested interest.
Co-workers are very knowledgable and interesting people. You can always count on them to help find a solution.
Profile
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada, Venezuela20 February 2013
More than 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, accomplishing field operations and working as Logging Engineer for one of the biggest service Oil & Gas Companies. Perform diverse services in the wireline industry (Open hole and Cased Hole), leadership, extensive business service experience, work under pressure and in hostile environments, priority setting and decision-making, together with excellent communication skills to liaise with clients, are some of the skills that I have developed.
coil tubing operator,oil rig,heav equip operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 March 2015
Baker was a good place to work. I learned many new things and obtained many certificates and tickets. Unfortunately, I was laid off because the company was downsizing. I would like to work as a commuter because my family lives in Cape Breton, NS.
One on one training sessions
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2015
Great place to work and learn new things everyday. Co-workers are always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is they assign you to one senior employee to sit with him on weekly basis for training purposes.
Pros
Good employees, free lunches, Health and safety meetings, taking care of each other
Loved seeing the province
Shop Lead / Senior Mechanical Assembler IV (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB19 March 2015
This was a great job that had me going from the south of the province to the north. Lots of away from home jobs and not so much time with family. It allowed me to see the province and meet lots of new people.
Pros
great environment to work
Cons
Lots of time away from home
Success completely depends on your boss, not how you do your job.
Project leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary alberta30 March 2015
I worked for Nowsco-Fracmanster-BJ-Baker-Halibuton for several years. Survives seven layoffs, was laid off twice.

Find another company that does not do this.
Long term employment
Dispatch/Chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 May 2014
While the time I spent there it was a great place to work. Management was very easy to approach to talk to, but they let alot of guys down when they just shut the doors on them and put them out of a job

Baker Hughes Incorporated Reviews by Location