Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

I plead the 5th
COILED TUBING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  4089-77 st Red Deer AB5 October 2015
They worry more about the paper work and guardian cards from us than the actual job that is taking place
Sales could not land jobs for coil while other companies were steadily working
baker hughes
Supervisor for last (Former Employee) –  medicine hat29 September 2015
I leaned lots at baker hughes. there was a lot of good employees. there was to many different managers running , sometime things just didn't work.
Safety and Training #1
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta Canada28 September 2015
Great team environment and opportunities to grow and advance in many different services, unfortunate for the down turn in the industry.
Good job, bad time in O & G
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB22 September 2015
when times are food and oil is up its a good place to work, when oil is down start looking for a new job. I would work for Baker in the future.
Very professional people i worked with
General Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB20 September 2015
Use to be great company. Things are changed now since inadequate management team start to rule.
It is sucks to be lay off after 10 years in the company
Pros
good balance - job/family
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 September 2015
Many great memories whilst employed with this company. Good cultural experience and a leader in their area of expertise. Time well spent!
good place to work lots of benefits
Oil Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 September 2015
I cannot give a good review as I don't work for this company any more as I was let go because of the price of oil but I liked the work and the guys I worked with were great
Pros
great pll to work with
Cons
called out on short notice
Very productive workplace. Co-workers were very friendly and ready to help at a moments notice. Positive environment
Account Manager/ Upstream Chemicals (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK2 September 2015
Typical day of work of work consisted of contacting customers to ensure chemical field operations were running smoothly. If there were any concerns out in the field it was my job to travel to site and deliver chemicals to lease sites, as well as meet with customers to resolve issues and come up with a plan to eliminate any problems. Co-workers and management were always a phone call away to discuss issues at hand and walk me through any procedures. Very positive atmosphere in the office, always a colleague stopping by my desk ensure I had a handle on things.
Pros
Baker Hughes online learning tools
Cons
Several hours of driving per day
Make sure you have the proper piece of paper.
Master Welder I (Former Employee) –  Edmonton & Leduc, AB27 August 2015
After many years if being trained in all aspects of my division and possessing experience unmatched by anyone in my division, advancement was quickly overlooked. Experience is trumped over who you suck up to.
Pros
Safety is top concern
Cons
Advancement is non existent.
Just a job, NOT a career
Shop (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2015
This is the proverbial old boys club. Management is so focused on appeasing the overlords in Houston, they have lost touch with their customers and workers. Any thoughts about progressing in the company should be dismissed. They promote their friends and neglect those who show potential and talent. I personally saw someone (friend of manager and team lead) quit, only to be hired back - promoted.

Work is challenging at first but becomes predicable and monotonous. You are hired to do a job and that's what you do until you get laid off or quit. The co workers are good but most are unhappy and searching for a way out, unfortunately, BH pays well so that keeps most people in their meaningless roles. I like to think management sucks all ambition out of their workers. Team leaders are abusive or unattached.

The job culture is to fend for yourself. Their is NO teamwork culture here (although management likes to think so). The management style is old school - like back in the 50's. Management do not want to hear your concerns, so you tell your team lead - who filters it (or ignores it), so any real concerns NEVER get addressed. Just shut up, do your job and maybe you wont get laid off! Their is no leadership, just time managers working here.

The most enjoyable part of my job is going home at the end of the day.

I work in Pipeline Inspection, Calgary.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Inept Management and leaders.
The Baker Hughes Family
Continuous Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canada15 August 2015
Baker is a very closely knit organization with diversified skills and fantastic technology. This is the main reason Halliburton wants to buy them. There is room for advancement and if you are a hard worker you will be noticed and commended for it. Great organization as of right now, although no one can predict the future of the organization after the merge with the big red giant.
A well structured company
A Crew Cab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 August 2015
Baker Hughes did A very good job providing A positive safe work place. Baker Hughes paid A lot of effort and energy on employee development instituting an excellent on-line career development set of courses.
good place
Reliability Team lead for North Africa (Current Employee) –  Africa2 August 2015
place where you can join family and work, but things changed since the top management decision to make One baker hughes
I had good relation with my collegues and top management (well rated at every end of year performance review)
Summary
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgay Alberta3 June 2015
Processed the corporate payroll and provided assistance to the other payroll admins with their payroll. Assisted in testing from Avanti to SAP implementation.

Processed ROE's, Severance, Pay In Lieu payments.

Managed T4's, T2202's and WCB at year end.

Enjoyed working with the payroll of team of 8.
Great technology - confusing strategy at times
Senior Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2015
I loved working there. Spent two intervals with BHI. One in Canada in the '90's and again in China 2010-12. Good people, great training, excellent HSE culture.
Pros
Applied technology, R&d, inventiveness
Cons
Difficult strategies for growth - related to drilling fluids/waste management services
Nice place to learn the industry
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB28 May 2015
Company is great to get trained for oil patch work.
Everything is provided..PPE, Tickets..great benefits
Equipment is looked after..
Room for improvement if you ask
Pros
All expenses paid by the company
Cons
low bonuses, Ego's
Alright job
Fracker/Driver/Equipment Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2015
Good if you want to work hard and make some money. Long hours never know where you are going to be. Have to share rooms with other workers so not much privacy. Mentally and physically demanding.
Solid Company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB19 April 2015
I enjoyed working there. work was 12-14 hrs (included drive time). Learned a lot of equipment and Management was there when needed. Got along with 95% of the other co-workers, hardest part was rigging in 3" Iron in mud up to my knees. Some of the best times were the drives to different places, and during the summer and the Coil broke down, could relax and read a book or clean equipment at a nice pace. A shame that it is no more.
Pros
Good benefits good friends plenty of work.
Cons
Outdated Equipment, bonuses were the lowest paid.
Excellent Company to work for.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 April 2015
Entered sales, returns, stock transfers and adjustments from tickets forwarded from remote warehouses daily.

Inventory counts for various warehouse locations.

Prepared all customs documentation for outgoing international shipments to the United States and ensured all documentation was sent to appropriate parties for Customs clearance.
Pros
Freedom to work independently
Cons
Winter driving on QEII
It was a good company while it lasted
Bulk Truck Driver / Driver trainer and assessor (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK2 April 2015
Started there as BJ services and was a Bulk truck driver it was a great job till they closed the second busiest base in the Estevan area poor management but great job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.