Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

great company
M/LWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2013
Great job, great income. Unstable schudule makes for a difficult work-life balance while working in the field.
Pros
culture, excellent people to work with
Cons
no work schedule
An overated company saturated with unqualified personel who are more interested in their resume than their performance.
Feild Specialist 2 - INT (Former Employee) –  Red Deer , Alberta , CanadaFebruary 9, 2015
Strange for an Oil and Gas Specialty company who have roughly 90% of their employees hired with out any Oil and Gas experience.
No wonder why they are failing in Canada.
Not a surprise that they were in the " RED " financially.
To the point where Haliburton purchased them.
I'm glad I left.
To hard of physical labor for a woman
Tool Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 1, 2014
Overlifting and the use of a 20' snipe was a daily activity for work in the open hole end of the shop. Shoulders and back eventually gave out and had to quit.
Pros
long hours on call
Cons
team work
Success completely depends on your boss, not how you do your job.
Project leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary albertaMarch 30, 2015
I worked for Nowsco-Fracmanster-BJ-Baker-Halibuton for several years. Survives seven layoffs, was laid off twice.

Find another company that does not do this.
coil tubing operator,oil rig,heav equip operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 1, 2015
Baker was a good place to work. I learned many new things and obtained many certificates and tickets. Unfortunately, I was laid off because the company was downsizing. I would like to work as a commuter because my family lives in Cape Breton, NS.
Loved seeing the province
Shop Lead / Senior Mechanical Assembler IV (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABMarch 19, 2015
This was a great job that had me going from the south of the province to the north. Lots of away from home jobs and not so much time with family. It allowed me to see the province and meet lots of new people.
Pros
great environment to work
Cons
lots of time away from home
learned lots in the chemical end of oil and gas
Class 1 driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2012
12 to 14 hours a day. learned a lot of what probloms there is in oil and gas production.

co-workers where great to work with. Management said what they had to say to get the job done.

For me the best part of my job was meeting lots of people through out Alberta that worked for baker in all corners ot the province
Steady work and some great employees to work with.
Bulk Plant/Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, ABApril 21, 2014
I hauled cement or sand out to job sites in Saskatchewan, Alberta or Northern BC. I enjoyed getting behind the wheel of the trucks and driving with some physical activity of helping rig up the equipment at times. The worst part of the job was being away from the wife and home for weeks at a time but it also made you appreciate those things and not take them for granted. Would still be working there but they shut down the southern district for pressure pumping.
Interesting work and god people to work with.
MECHANICAL DESIGNER/PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2013
There is no typical work day at Baker Hughes. It is fast paced and ever changing.
Management is fairly relaxed and very hands on, because they have a vested interest.
Co-workers are very knowledgable and interesting people. You can always count on them to help find a solution.
One on one training sessions
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work and learn new things everyday. Co-workers are always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is they assign you to one senior employee to sit with him on weekly basis for training purposes.
Pros
good employees, free lunches, health and safety meetings, taking care of each other
Profile
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Canada, VenezuelaFebruary 20, 2013
More than 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry, accomplishing field operations and working as Logging Engineer for one of the biggest service Oil & Gas Companies. Perform diverse services in the wireline industry (Open hole and Cased Hole), leadership, extensive business service experience, work under pressure and in hostile environments, priority setting and decision-making, together with excellent communication skills to liaise with clients, are some of the skills that I have developed.
Good place to work,
Bulk Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  clairmontDecember 7, 2012
Baker Hughes was a good place to work, however management and supervisors only came around if you screwed something up. Little to no direction/orders given by supervisor(s).
Pros
free lunches from third party companies, 6 days off
Cons
only getting noticed when you mess up, and not when you do a stand up job.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
FINAL ASSEMBLY LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Leduc albertaMarch 27, 2015
I loved going to work every morning and the working atmosphere was excellent. I loved doing my job and working hands on with their tools
Good Paying
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 27, 2015
Good paying job. They did not push me too hard, typically it would be a 8 hour work day, not too much overtime required. - location closed now
Long term employment
Dispatch/Chemical operator (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMay 12, 2014
While the time I spent there it was a great place to work. Management was very easy to approach to talk to, but they let alot of guys down when they just shut the doors on them and put them out of a job
Great job with great co workers
Equipment Operator (Cement) (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 21, 2013
On a typical day being on cement you will receive an hour yard call after your 10 hr reset. you have an hour to get to work on time. After clocking in, you do whatever is need to get to location on time. Pre trip trucks and make sure equipment is job ready. Next have a safety meeting than convoy trucks to location. After getting to location. Rig up, Pump job, Rig down, convoy home to yard.
Fun to work for
A/P Expense Report Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaNovember 29, 2012
always lots to do for work
management was excellent
enjoyed working for a hugh company
Pros
always had different events for staff to take part in
Cons
job came to an end
Has grown to be a big company personality
Field Specialist Tools I (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABMarch 31, 2014
Was a great place to work for several years until the purchase of BJ Services. Started to be cut back in overtime and less bonus payouts. Cut out break up and Christmas Parties.
Pros
1 free lunch monthly.
Cons
each employee is just a number
n/a
Helpdesk (intern) (Former Employee) –  calgaryApril 13, 2014
a great please to work and opportunity for career advancement
great advancement options
Technical Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Peace RiverApril 14, 2013
Good management and co workers, lots of driving and meeting people, very little training,

Baker Hughes Incorporated Reviews by Location