Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working for Baker Hughes is all enjoyable and fun as long as you know your job
Senior Mud Logger (Former Employee), Port MoresbyNovember 25, 2014
Pros: 3 meals a day a given free. while on tour, coffee, tea, milo, snacks etc are always on the shelves.
Cons: every personal is to work a maximum of 12 hours. if worked more than 12 hours, than it becomes a safety issue.
A typical day at work with a sample catcher on site is: describing every cuttings sample on the tray, register the description into the log sheet, enter percentages of the lithologies, update the Geo, update the Formation Evaluation Log (FEL), check surveys and enter into the Log, check palynology data and enter into log, get drill data every 50m interaval – more... from Data interpreter and enter into log, check for gas peaks and their cinematographic break down, update the Daily Mud logging Report (DMR), check for cavings and update the cavings register and report to the wellsite geologist, pack dried samples into split samples, samplex sample and bulk samples, watch for any abnormal changes in pump pressure, casing pressure, mud volumes and tell the DE or if he is not inside the unit, call the driller immediately, If the DE is not inside the unit, answer calls from the intercom and act accordingly. Finally write a stop card daily. The rate at which I work is determined by drilling rate (ROP) and pump rate. If the pump rate and drill rates increases, my adrenaline level rises and I use to work faster and still obtain the best & quality output.

I learnt to think fast, work smart and work faster. Doing many things all within a short span of time..

Baker Hughes management in general is good. However, with the winding down of the mud logging contracts coming close to end, I see that there's is no plan for me, meaning I will not have a job. Could be because, I come under a consultant and Baker doesn't deal with me directly. The mud logging unit is well managed by unit managers, consumables are stock taken per month, the soft ware system is not so complex.. Baker pays mud loggers very well and that's one thing so unique about Baker.

The hardest part of the job is, to work in the night shift to finalize all the reports and submit by 3am while at the same time I have to collect 3m interval samples myself and log while the drilling rate and the pump rates a so high. While I was speeding up and down the shakers, describing samples, logging, updating reports & logs, the gas trap needed to be repositioned, had to change a pit sensor and the company man asked for metal shavings on the ditch magnet. Knowing at the back of my mind that I was going to submit all the reports by 3am. This is the time I wish my body system change into a robot or just quit and walk off the job.

The most enjoyable part of the the job is logging Darai Limestone Formation in my country (Papua New Guinea), during a dry season with virtually no samples on surface to describe and log. I was entering in Geo as 'Loss circulation & no sample'. I did updated the DMR and other drilling parameters onto the log but I was so relaxed my whole 28 days in the field. That was fun and very enjoyable and I will not forget. – less
Overall a descent place to work.
R & M Mechanic I (Former Employee), Dickinson, NDNovember 22, 2014
Pros: great healthcare and benefits. consitent 90+ hour weeks.
Maintain and repair tractors and trailers, as well as Fracturing equipment. The maintenance supervisor is incredibly smart and can help you through any situation that could possibly be wrong with any of the Fracturing equipment. Most of the personnel hired on are non experienced hands which in terms makes the job seem harder than it relatively is. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job would be working with a knowledgeable crew that is willing to go above and beyond their respectful duties to ensure better job quality. – less
Friendly environment with a collection of professional employees
Payroll Africa Team Lead (Current Employee), DubaiNovember 22, 2014
A positive work environment makes employees feel good about coming to work, and this provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.
employees fulfill their various needs and goals in life, such as those of family, friends, spiritual pursuits, self-growth, etc, they can then feel more confident about themselves and perform their best at – more... work. Apart from that, employees that are exposed to more experiences in life outside of work can use what they’ve gained and apply that to their work. – less
Baker Hughes is one of the best company on the industry, with strong work culture and core values
Field Spec DRS III (DD 3) (Current Employee), Ciudad del Carmen, CAMNovember 18, 2014
Pros: team work, reports up to date, safety have prorities on job
Cons: need to focus on comunicatios with others, sometimes shown unsecure with others
In a tipical day, I every learned that working with my co-workers as a teamwork is fundamental to achieve goals, also working with safety to avoid danger my self and my co-workers.
A busy, large corporation to work for. Pleasant environment.
Telecom Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Tomball, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers and managers, decent benefits.
Cons: cubicles too noisy at times. it's a long walk to the building from the parking lot.
I enjoyed working at Baker Hughes for the short time that it lasted. I was satisfied in my position and provided excellent service and skills. Too bad they had to reduce the workforce, or I would still be there.
Worse place I've ever worked
Directional Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 17, 2014
Pros: no pros at all
Cons: horrible people to work for
The whole "management" team were incompetent and and impossible to deal with. Favoritism was played on a day to day basis. I would not recommend working for this company at all.
Productive place to work for
INVENTORY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Houston, TxNovember 17, 2014
Pros: safety lunch
Cons: not enough pay
Riviana is one of the easiest places to work for besides the long hours when needed to work overtime.
Great company to work for but must be hired into "correct" position
Well Planner (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 14, 2014
Baker Hughes is an amazing company to work for. If you are an engineer it is best to be hired on as an engineer.
Great place to work with lots of career progress opportunities
WELLBORE INTERVENTION MANAGER (Current Employee), Quito, Pichincha. Ecuador.November 13, 2014
Pros: global mobility, cultural exchange
Cons: sometimes you have to put some long hours
Daily operational & marketing challenges, with the highest levels of safety culture. Founded on a set of greatly skilled people every day is a school day. Overseeing the planning and implementation of the business plan for the year to come is always a challenging task. Getting the results for which you planned for is often an amazing reward.
Good company with reasonable beneiftis
Applications Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 12, 2014
Day: data gathering, analysis, answers to clients
Learned: drilling systems
Coworkers: various backgrounds.
Hardest part of job: clients can have difficult requests
Best part of job: client interaction and satifaction
Good company
Technical Support Engineer / Account Manager (Former Employee), Miri, M13November 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, less paperwork
Cons: less contract with major operator
Good company to learn something new. Good work and life balance. Good pay. However, less technical support from management.
Challenging
Field Specialist II (Current Employee), LouisianaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits, travel
Cons: need more hands on training
Coming in at 8:00 am and being in class, studying and reviewing for tests. I learned how to read formations to tell whether oil was present and to commuinicate with downhole tools once we ran them. The management was easy to get along with along with my co workers. The hardest part of the job was school and the most enjoyable was traveling.
Fun place to work, perfect job culture
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Tehran IranNovember 10, 2014
I learnt alot while I was working in Baker Hughes, They had very good management team and they helped the employees to grow and be recognized.
Decent job, an enormous amount of paperwork
CNC Machinist / Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: good old boy syndrome prevalent, if you can actually do your job your stuck with no advancement. somebody has to actually work.
Safety is tied into managements bonus program so they completely overkill it to the point it makes your job difficult at times. Upper management changes every two to three years but the supervisors have stayed the same for the last three decades so nothing really changes just what they like to harp on. It goes in cycles every few months it will be quality – more... then production then downtime then it all starts over. – less
Very friendly environment of work
Coil Tubing Department as a Field Specialist (Current Employee), Barmer, IndiaNovember 9, 2014
I have grown in this company from Helper to Field Specialist.
It has given a lot of opportunity to grow in the Industry.
Amazing crew to work with and a very friendly atmosphere at work.
Safety Director (Current Employee), Woodward, OKNovember 7, 2014
Pros: good lunches always
Cons: long hours no 401k
Great company to work for...family owned and operated. Boss was very understanding and believed in taking care of his employees and their families always...
Awesome working experience and have a good idea of how cooperate world works
Reliability Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: workplace
Was given a project and every week had a team meeting to discuss the progress in the projects and how its coming along. Everyone in the team were friendly and helpful.
good place to work
mechanic, truck operator, and pump operator (Former Employee), victoria texasNovember 4, 2014
Pros: will train for jobs you would like to do
enjoyable job and great benefits.....even doe we worked long hours they were good about letting you have breaks at your pace as long as work was getting done. And they were good about helping you maintain good work and doing it the right way.
good hours ok pay
AMO Technician (Current Employee), oklahoma cityNovember 4, 2014
hours at one point were great but are now looking to cut hours and possibly employees. management is all about the "good old boys" club. advancement is almost impossible
Baker was somewhat active in starting a Pipe Recovery business in ND
Specialist IV (Former Employee), Williston, NDNovember 4, 2014
Pros: paid housing and paid airfare
Cons: management would not assign or dedicate operators to the pipe recovery truck or equipment. this, in my opinion a recipe for failure.
Although Baker desired to gain a portion of the Pipe Recovery market in Williston, ND.,it never worked out for them. Local management failed to see the importance of fully relying on the pipe recovery experts knowledge of how to grow the business.

About Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes cooks up a baker's dozen of products and services for the global petroleum market. Through its Drilling and Evaluation – Read more

Baker Hughes Incorporated Photos