Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Quite offices, nice people.
contractor thru Kelly Services (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 4, 2014
Pros: i dont know much about the company to say anything
Cons: i don;t know much about the company except its are to be contact
Management is good, i work by myself with help from
the Victoria Texas office.
Co workers are very helpful
the hard part I am contract and the company does not give full access to the jobs I need to do.
I have to rely on other people to help get somethings completed.
No comments
Logging Geologist (Mud Logger) (Current Employee), Hides LNG (Papua New Guinea)February 28, 2014
Baker Hughes is international Oil Field Service Company that provides quality services such as Surface Logging Systems, Wireline Logging, MWD/LWD Logging etc to the Oil Companies around the world.
Very challenging, innovation place to work
Senior MWD/LWD Drilling Engineer (Current Employee), Bakersfield, Ling Beach, CA, and Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: keeps me on my toes, very rewarding, travel, they recognize hard work.
Cons: long days and nights(24 hour operation), recently changed from salary to hourly wages.
Before working for Baker Hughes Inc., I had held an office job, being a Field Engineer for Baker Hughes was nothing like this. They expect the most out of their employees, as they should. It is a very high paced work environment, with a lot on the line. Baker Hughes set their employees up for success through great classroom, and on the job training.
Challenging environment to ensure IT supports the business needs
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Baker Hughes IT supports the many aspects of Baker Hughes business. Projects are created to focus on resolving specific needs.
My group (Enterprise Architects) was tasked with reviewing these projects to ensure consistency within the various IT platform layers (network, storage, security, infrastructure, data, presentation, etc.). The group was also – more... tasked with developing roadmaps and creating standards for the IT group. The challenge: Deliver working solutions within the allocated budget and still be able to adopt to the ever changing IT landscape (use of cloud technology, big data, data virtualization, etc.) It will continue to be an ongoing challenge. – less
A good workplace to work very diversed & cultured.
Repair & Maintenance II-Mechanic (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: double pay on holidays, reimbursement on travel expenses, gifts for hard work, good wage.
Cons: hardly none just would of like to be sent to a training school. i love to learn.
Typical day of work work from 6am to 6pm rain or shine, hot or cold. I learned a great deal of industrial machinery/equipment worked on all 8 truck componenets/systems as well air compress, fluid technology. Company trained us on OSHA HAZCOM Lock out/Tag out, PEC card, First Aid/CPR. Hardest part there was none or else I would have not applied in the – more... first place. Worked at -55 below zero harsh eviroment as well in heat up to 95 degrees F in North Dakota. I loved my job and enjoyed teamworking with my cowokers since they where family on a 2 week/1 week rotation. – less
Good place to work depending on location.
Logistics (Current Employee), Broussard LA. (INTEQ)February 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: must choose good location
The particular location of employment does not represent the Corporation well.
Offshore life
Coiled Tubing Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Baku, AzerbaijanFebruary 22, 2014
Only offshore operation which is very tiresome
New techniques to learn
horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVFebruary 21, 2014
sucks, no time nothing, horrible
great people
hours suck
money good
bad schedule
Used to be a great company
HSE Manager (Current Employee), HoustonFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: very few left if any.
Cons: management
Basically this company was a great place to work at, however constant change has turned the company and personnel into a rudderless vessel. Pay is below other similar companies and BHI believes you should just accept this because it is a privilege to work for BHI. The company used to have a family atmosphere, however the younger generation and consistent – more... change has turned this organization into a "everyone for themselves" company. HR within the company is mixed, but largely they are incompetent and can;t seem to run the organization the way it should be run. They basically do surveys and the employees tell them whats wrong, but they just ignore it. Sometimes it isn't about the money. Management opportunities and advancement are limited unless you are willing to move to Houston, if not forget about it. So basically you have 2/3 of the employees leaving or already have left due to mis-management at the top and opportunist backstabbers at the bottom. Truly sad.

Safety at this organization is good in some areas, however BHI will not spend money to fix chronic issues. They try to manage it via paperwork and blaming it on the employees. – less
great place to work and learn
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), houston txFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great facility and workers
Cons: job security
awesome place to work, great people who are willing to teach but too many layoffs
Busy and lack of efficiency
Data Control Spec. for Global Assets/Asset Coord. (Former Employee), Tomball, TXFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: had a nice cafe, co-workers, break time, walking areas
Cons: not enough compensation for the job, never got our job titles changed on time, hr was always backed-up, not enough pay for jobs, lack of knowledge but laid-off people with the knowledge.
I really enjoyed working for this company but it was very frustrating at times as well. The jobs we were assigned to do were not delegated to us correctly. More work loaded, less pay and no promotions. They over spent on needless things for the company then lay off to cover debt or loss of pressure pumping funds. They buy useless companies for employee – more... to utilize but we never had time or the need to use them. No bonus' for the non-managers but bonuses for all upper management and directors. Things were flipped on us about every 3 months or less for a 'change' in the company. Many of the jobs would change right after we all just got adjusted to the present shift in the jobs. One thing Baker is consistent on is change.

On a lighter note, I did receive very informative training for SAP, MAXIMO and other networks I used for my job. I loved working with my co-workers who ended up being the best of friends for almost 8 years. So many great relationships and contacts I made through there and very sad that I am not there any longer. – less
Fast Paced Job
Billing Admin (Former Employee), Great Bend, KSFebruary 10, 2014
Loved the fast paced atmosphere. Always something to do and get done.
Daily work load
Quality Specialist/NDE Level III (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: work independently from assignment list.
Cons: last year had six 1 & 2 up manager changes. constantly changing goals
Review six product lines at Baker Facility's (60% travel) for internal API, Q1 & ISO 9001 compliance audits. Perform supplier audits adding to Bakers Approved Suppliers list. Classroom train Lead Auditors and managers in the techniques of non-destructive testing (current ASNT Level III in Visual, Dye Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Testing). Subject – more... Matter Expert (SME) in NDT & Welding Processes (Will be certified CWI in May 2014). Review and approve testing and welding processes and approve procedures.

i – less
Accounting Department in The Woodlands
General Accounting/AFE Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2014
This is a great palce to work. Great benefits and work/life balance. They moved to a shared service and downsized my department.
good
Sr. Field Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Hides PNGFebruary 5, 2014
ok place to work, want to get back to Permian Basin Area. Having issues with getting a position back home
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TexasFebruary 4, 2014
Baker is a great place to be trained. The company focuses on developing its employees.
you are compensated for your social life taking away.
Field Engineer MWD/LWD (Current Employee), oklahoma cityFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no schedule
the hardest part about the job is you cant plan for yourself. you dont know how long you will be away on the field, thers no schedule.
the best part is you are paid everytime you are away.
Productive and fun place to work limited opportunity
Management (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2014
management committed to creating world best in class organization
Typical Corporate environment
Performance Engineering Architect (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Medical, Dental, 401 K and discounted Stock Purchase Plan.
Very good company to work for
DRIVER/OPERATOR (Current Employee), Geismar, LaJanuary 24, 2014
Baker Hughes is a safe and productive place to work. Baker Hughes has good pay and great benefits. Baker is a great place to work.

About Baker Hughes Incorporated

A top-tier oilfield service company with a century-long track record, Baker Hughes delivers solutions that help oil and gas operators – Read more

Baker Hughes Incorporated Photos