Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

good people t workfor
FIELD SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SKNovember 14, 2014
long hours but management cared about u lots of room for advancement the more u put into your job the farther ahead u got
Pros
guarentee salary good management
Cons
lack of work
Work day with Baker Hughes
Department Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Keeping track on outgoing sales orders and processing data with SAP.

Team environment, great potential of learning new abilities and new software's.

Management is always there to give you direction in your work ethics, positive workplace and learned varieties of skills with SAP and variety of processes.

Everyone is there to answer your questions if you stumble upon conflicts on materials.

I've learned different ways of correcting materials and balancing out orders; also great learning curve on communicating with purchasing on the corrections with PO's.
Pros
Training
Cons
No cons
Overall a good place to work
MWD (Measurements While Drilling) (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 11, 2015
Baker Hughes is a good place if you're interested in the Directional Drilling end of the Oil Patch. As a consultant it's very volatile.
An ok place to work. did field work
MWD Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
It was a good training experience. Good people to work with in the field. There were good training courses. My tenure there was very short but enjoyable.
Safety and Training #1
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta CanadaSeptember 28, 2015
Great team environment and opportunities to grow and advance in many different services, unfortunate for the down turn in the industry.
Good people to work with and a clean place to work.
Shop Hand- Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Great place to work always steady and working on your own was expected.People there were willing to help in most situations.
I plead the 5th
COILED TUBING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  4089-77 st Red Deer ABOctober 5, 2015
They worry more about the paper work and guardian cards from us than the actual job that is taking place
Sales could not land jobs for coil while other companies were steadily working
Nice place to learn the industry
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABMay 28, 2015
Company is great to get trained for oil patch work.
Everything is provided..PPE, Tickets..great benefits
Equipment is looked after..
Room for improvement if you ask
Pros
All expenses paid by the company
Cons
low bonuses, Ego's
Fun place to work
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 17, 2015
Many great memories whilst employed with this company. Good cultural experience and a leader in their area of expertise. Time well spent!
Interesting job with a lot of day to day chalanges
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Resolving daily issues with operation and production of new equipment.
Learning how to provide necessary support to fast changing needs.
Cooperating with management to plan work ahead.
Great, very dedicated team.
Time management with every day different challenges.
Hearing about successful results of inspection projects.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Often stresfull days
good place to work lots of benefits
Oil Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 3, 2015
I cannot give a good review as I don't work for this company any more as I was let go because of the price of oil but I liked the work and the guys I worked with were great
Pros
great pll to work with
Cons
called out on short notice
baker hughes
Supervisor for last (Former Employee) –  medicine hatSeptember 29, 2015
I leaned lots at baker hughes. there was a lot of good employees. there was to many different managers running , sometime things just didn't work.
Good job, bad time in O & G
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABSeptember 22, 2015
when times are food and oil is up its a good place to work, when oil is down start looking for a new job. I would work for Baker in the future.
Very safety orientated company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc AlbertaAugust 28, 2014
Everyday was a learning experience for me at Baker Hughes. Managing a team of 7 throughout Alberta and Ontario had it's challenges. The logistics did not allow me to have a hands on experience with each of them. I built the team up so they became self sufficient yet knew I was only an email or phone call away to address any problems, concerns and provide training and assistance when needed. I held a weekly conference call with all of them to just "talk". I felt this was a good way for us to learn together and offer suggestions and support, not just by me, but by all of us. Having the administrative team report to me allowed us to unify the way we preformed the daily duties requested of administrators. Any one of us were able to cover sick days and vacation time at the other bases without any disruption to the business. My co-managers coached me on becoming a strong team leader. I had a lot of respect for them. I was able to take what they taught me and apply it to my team gaining the respect and support from them just as I had for the management that taught me. My experience at Baker Hughes was invaluable and grew me in to a confident team leader and player.
Pros
safety culture promoted and enforced in the company
Cons
lack of communication from upper management
Just when you thought it could not get worse it does.
Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, ABFebruary 28, 2014
For a company as big as BH to lay people off on the pressure pumping side and not offer any positions in other divisions of the company that need people shows a lack of forethought on the company. It is long past time for a changing of upper management a person should not be able to get a job with the competition the day after being laid off.
Pros
good benefits and salery
Cons
old bad managers need to go.
Good workplace with great people
Field Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is quite slow, I keep track of fuel and work in SAP on a regular basis but most other duties are monthly and don't require much upkeep throughout the rest of the month. I am looking for something where I can be busy throughout most of the day. There is not much room for advancement in my position and that is certainly something I am looking for. I work very well with my coworkers when the need arises and the hardest part of my job is finding things to keep me busy. The most enjoyable thing is certainly the people I work with.
Pros
great people
Cons
long commute and not enough work
It was a good company while it lasted
Bulk Truck Driver / Driver trainer and assessor (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKApril 2, 2015
Started there as BJ services and was a Bulk truck driver it was a great job till they closed the second busiest base in the Estevan area poor management but great job
a safe place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 5, 2015
I drove the worker back and forth to the oil fields.
Learn safely,
great management
learn you just have to get along with all co worker, which I got along with everyone
Driving on off roads
picking up the crew and getting them home safety
Pros
camp job
Great career
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
As DD a work day may start any time, you are on call; it is good and sad news in the same time. Good because you get paid on each day you spend on the rig site. Sad because you have to leave what you were doing.
I learnt a lot about drilling different well types and profiles, manage my stress and work under harsh situations.
Management is one of the worst I have seen; managers have to be that way, as they were not given a chance too.
Co-workers depend on who you work with. You might work with someone once your life, but most of them are good.
The hardest part of the job is working overnight many days, manage to sleep in noise.
Most enjoyable part is when you get congrats on what you have done.
productive and physical workplace, good people
Pumper Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 19, 2014
we would show up on location, have a safety meeting,
then continue to rig in our equipment and trucks to the well head.
heavy lifting it swinging a sledge hammer for awhile.
good team work as there was lots of lifting with others. good drive and energy with in each other.
hardest part was the rigging in and out in bad weather or for long periods of time, big jobs was more rigging in.
inbetween jobs there was breaks sometimes, so good break times was nice. got to learn how to operate the trucks and a chem van.
Pros
decent pay cheques i suppose
Cons
hard work long hours, some times bad pay.