Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
great place to work
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 May 2016
I found this to be an excellent place to work during my employment. Great company, excellent benefits program and employee stock options
It's alright
Coring Tool Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 May 2016
Clean, well lit and ventilated shop space. Quality equipment to work with. Good training and strong safety culture. not much advancement unless employees pushed.
It's alright
Mechanical Technician & Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB9 May 2016
Lots of work when it's busy, sweep the floors when it's quiet.Angry bully type management. Finger pointing for mistakes. weak training practices. Strong safety culture unless a job "had" to be done.
Engineering Department for Research & Development
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto/Calgary9 May 2016
We are a great team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and technicians working in the Product Research and Development for the Pipeline Inspection Tools. The atmosphere at work is great, peaceful cooperation, we have the same goal, to create competitive Inline Inspection Tools. Also our Management is great. They do not have a critical position toward our activity but rather an attitude of help and support. Of course, if we need to respect a tight deadline, we understand to work overtime. But it is a rewarding effort.
Pros
everything
Inefficient Behemoth
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB25 April 2016
Too many managers with nothing to do interfering with productivity. A corporate culture that focuses on pleasing middle management over pleasing clients. Not a good business model.
productive
Heavy Duty Technician (Journeyman) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 April 2016
Busy work place ,management was good to deal with , learned from workers , long days , but you were just a number , thought we could have done more actual transport and trailer stuff in house rather than sending it out .
Good place to work even with its policies and management constantly changing
Lead hand Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 March 2016
I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with and I would go back if I was looking for a job when they hire again.
Management would always back you on any safety related issue no matter the cost.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive pay lots of field work when oil is high
Cons
The saftey culture has become so extreme that paperwork takes longer then the repair, being an oilfield company layoffs are always happening.
Challenging but fun work place
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 March 2016
Tool box meeting is set every morning. Supervisors discusses which drilling tools are needed for the day and set schedule. Also, everybody discusses any issues about safety. I learned how to manage my time due to time restraints. Some customers needs the tools urgently . When I first started training I was so green that I did not know anything about drilling tools. With some help of the senior technicians, I slowly learn so much about the industry.

Work atmosphere was good. Most of the technicians are easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is the constraints. Some times you need to stay late to finish the tool because the rig is waiting for the tools. When its busy, you can get called in in the middle of the night or on the weekends. That being said supervisors makes sure that you are fit to work and you are well rested.

The most warding part of the job is when tools come back from the rig and the tool that you assembled worked properly.
Developed company
General Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2016
Any work schedule
Low management level is result of low price and contracts quantity
Development is impossible due to lack of education
Management could to provide with field work winter projects only
Hardest part of the job is relationship among co-workers
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Low management level, low sales level
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 March 2016
Good people
Good work
Long days
Always on the road
different job every day
Always able to learn new skills
Always in a hotel
learn to find good places to eat
Good place to work.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 March 2016
I enjoyed my time while employed with this company. Expectations were clearly laid out, and people were given the chance to succeed.
Great Co-Workers, Environment & Pay, sometimes sloppy Management
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB17 March 2016
I enjoyed my 8 years at Baker-Hughes Artificial Lift, however after moving into a supervisor position I found they did a poor job of teaching me new skills. I wanted to learn more but they did not allow much cross training. However they did recognize hard work with financial benefits and I enjoyed most people I worked with. Lots of overtime available.
Pros
Overtime when needed
Cons
Sloppy management
Great Company to have worked for
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 March 2016
My time at Baker Hughes was amazing, I got to experience many things that men my age would never get to see or do. I learn quickly how to adapt and drive different types of equipment in a short amount of time. I was able to mature at a quick pace. I was interacting with many different people to help with team building and team trust amongst crews.
Enjoyed working for this company.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 March 2016
Had a good experience working for this company. Most appreciative of the safety culture and the positive work environment.
Good benefits and management
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2016
busy work day during winters.
hardest part of the job is time management.
most enjoyable part of the job would be dealing with clients
co-workers are not many left but during busier times, its a good and friendly environment to work for.
Be prepared to give up your life for a dead end job!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB11 March 2016
Working with the guys at Baker Hughes is the best part of the job.The work it self is easy but the management makes life harder then it has to be by constantly lying to you or just flat out ignoring saftey issuses .They dont give raises and theres no where to advance to once your in thats your spot and your wage for the time your there.Also they love to set you up to fail ,by sending you out with unsafe equipment,that they say is good but no one actully has signed off on.
Cons
Expect to live in your truck from monday to friday.
Applications Engineer - Operations (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2016
I enjoy working at Baker Hughes. But, the business is cyclic in Canada and prone to Oil and Gas prone to market fluctuations.
Great job to gain experience and travel
Field Specialist III - Completions & Fishing (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 February 2016
21 days on, 7 days off work schedule
international work
team and individual environment
leaned a lot about safety and its importance
built a strong work ethic
Pros
job scope varied
Cons
A very interesting place to work at, never a dull moment.
Office Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2016
Very busy Company to work for but rewarding. There are many challenges through out the day. Never a dull moment. The day just zooms past.
Pros
You get a paycheque
I had a great 34 years
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2016
A great group of people. we were like family. our work was organizing and loading chemicals for use in the field each day. we worked with very little warehouse space. That made the hardest part of this along with the winter months when we used reefers to store our chemicals in.
Pros
Baker had a great bunch of people. Benefits were great.
Cons
downsizing was the hardest as people got laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval