Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

A nice place to work in.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 24, 2015
A nice place to work in. Chances to work with international support which gives one more confidence and knowlwdge.

Nice people in the team to work with. its a joy to work with some specific people
Pros
Pure practial experience every day
Cons
Lay offs
Make sure you have the proper piece of paper.
Master Welder I (Former Employee) –  Edmonton & Leduc, ABAugust 27, 2015
After many years if being trained in all aspects of my division and possessing experience unmatched by anyone in my division, advancement was quickly overlooked. Experience is trumped over who you suck up to.
Pros
Safety is top concern
Cons
Advancement is non existent.
good people t workfor
FIELD SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SKNovember 14, 2014
long hours but management cared about u lots of room for advancement the more u put into your job the farther ahead u got
Pros
guarentee salary good management
Cons
lack of work
Loved the Jobs I did, didnt like how I was let go.
Coil Tubing Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABDecember 19, 2015
Loved working with my crew and the coil tubing units. But I have issues with how they laid off and discared their experianced staff.
A well structured company
A Crew Cab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 12, 2015
Baker Hughes did A very good job providing A positive safe work place. Baker Hughes paid A lot of effort and energy on employee development instituting an excellent on-line career development set of courses.
Good job. Great work relationships
Cement Supervisor LVL3 (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABOctober 20, 2015
Was reasonable for running a crew. Completing assigned jobs in a timely manner safely. Problem solving on the fly as job was going on. Co-workers were helper and fun to work with. Was on call so was called to work whenever job was required so long days.
Pros
Money was good and great people to work with.
Cons
A lot of time away from family.
good place
Reliability Team lead for North Africa (Current Employee) –  AfricaAugust 2, 2015
place where you can join family and work, but things changed since the top management decision to make One baker hughes
I had good relation with my collegues and top management (well rated at every end of year performance review)
Work day with Baker Hughes
Department Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Keeping track on outgoing sales orders and processing data with SAP.

Team environment, great potential of learning new abilities and new software's.

Management is always there to give you direction in your work ethics, positive workplace and learned varieties of skills with SAP and variety of processes.

Everyone is there to answer your questions if you stumble upon conflicts on materials.

I've learned different ways of correcting materials and balancing out orders; also great learning curve on communicating with purchasing on the corrections with PO's.
Pros
Training
Cons
No cons
high pace work environment
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 19, 2015
Working hours is Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 4.30pm. It is a great experience working in a high pace work environment. We were working ad team to make sure all the task are completed on timely manner. The most enjoyable part is getting 4 flex days a year. the flex day starts in April of one day off of each month.
Good guys to work and learn from
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 9, 2015
The whole time with this company was always learning new things. Was able to get my Class 1 license, numerous other needed training classes to complete my work safely.
Pros
Various work locations
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Just when you thought it could not get worse it does.
Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, ABFebruary 28, 2014
For a company as big as BH to lay people off on the pressure pumping side and not offer any positions in other divisions of the company that need people shows a lack of forethought on the company. It is long past time for a changing of upper management a person should not be able to get a job with the competition the day after being laid off.
Pros
good benefits and salery
Cons
old bad managers need to go.
Very safety orientated company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc AlbertaAugust 28, 2014
Everyday was a learning experience for me at Baker Hughes. Managing a team of 7 throughout Alberta and Ontario had it's challenges. The logistics did not allow me to have a hands on experience with each of them. I built the team up so they became self sufficient yet knew I was only an email or phone call away to address any problems, concerns and provide training and assistance when needed. I held a weekly conference call with all of them to just "talk". I felt this was a good way for us to learn together and offer suggestions and support, not just by me, but by all of us. Having the administrative team report to me allowed us to unify the way we preformed the daily duties requested of administrators. Any one of us were able to cover sick days and vacation time at the other bases without any disruption to the business. My co-managers coached me on becoming a strong team leader. I had a lot of respect for them. I was able to take what they taught me and apply it to my team gaining the respect and support from them just as I had for the management that taught me. My experience at Baker Hughes was invaluable and grew me in to a confident team leader and player.
Pros
safety culture promoted and enforced in the company
Cons
lack of communication from upper management
Overall a good place to work
MWD (Measurements While Drilling) (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 11, 2015
Baker Hughes is a good place if you're interested in the Directional Drilling end of the Oil Patch. As a consultant it's very volatile.
An ok place to work. did field work
MWD Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
It was a good training experience. Good people to work with in the field. There were good training courses. My tenure there was very short but enjoyable.
Interesting job with a lot of day to day chalanges
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Resolving daily issues with operation and production of new equipment.
Learning how to provide necessary support to fast changing needs.
Cooperating with management to plan work ahead.
Great, very dedicated team.
Time management with every day different challenges.
Hearing about successful results of inspection projects.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Often stresfull days
Nice place to learn the industry
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABMay 28, 2015
Company is great to get trained for oil patch work.
Everything is provided..PPE, Tickets..great benefits
Equipment is looked after..
Room for improvement if you ask
Pros
All expenses paid by the company
Cons
low bonuses, Ego's
Good people to work with and a clean place to work.
Shop Hand- Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Great place to work always steady and working on your own was expected.People there were willing to help in most situations.
Safety and Training #1
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta CanadaSeptember 28, 2015
Great team environment and opportunities to grow and advance in many different services, unfortunate for the down turn in the industry.
I plead the 5th
COILED TUBING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  4089-77 st Red Deer ABOctober 5, 2015
They worry more about the paper work and guardian cards from us than the actual job that is taking place
Sales could not land jobs for coil while other companies were steadily working
Good workplace with great people
Field Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me is quite slow, I keep track of fuel and work in SAP on a regular basis but most other duties are monthly and don't require much upkeep throughout the rest of the month. I am looking for something where I can be busy throughout most of the day. There is not much room for advancement in my position and that is certainly something I am looking for. I work very well with my coworkers when the need arises and the hardest part of my job is finding things to keep me busy. The most enjoyable thing is certainly the people I work with.
Pros
great people
Cons
long commute and not enough work

Baker Hughes Incorporated Reviews by Location