Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

excellent clean and healthy work invironment
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 October 2016
I worked a 8 day on and 6 day off shift which was excellent, most days included preventive maintenance programme for all equipment supplemented with any other repairs that may come up during the course of a day. We worked in teams of four which gave us the advantage of combined experience and knowledge to easy perform any task. The group of techs I was fortunate enough to work with made me feel right at home an were never to busy to answer any questions. The only thing I found unfortunate was that being such a big company it was sometimes hard to go through the chain of command to get approval for work being done
Office Politics
Pipeline Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2016
the general day to day operations with co-workers was generally enjoyable. the only issue was management higher up. A lot of office politics, which led to the closure of the division.
Pros
shifted hours
Cons
office politics
Awesome company to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 September 2016
Awesome company to work with. Great benefits, nice working hours. Employees and Managers are very helpful. I had an awesome and learning experience with Baker Hughes Canada Company.
Benefits
Cons
Productive and fun work environment.
Chemical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Carnduff, SK1 September 2016
I learned a lot about working within a team environment, setting team and individual goals throughout the month and achieving those goals.
Great Job
Pressure Pumping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 August 2016
I enjoyed working at Baker Hughes. A typical day would consist of waking up early driving to location and running equipment on the well site. Everyone was great to work with.
Pros
Good People, Good Money
Cons
Great employee benefits all around a good company to work for.
Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 August 2016
I have no complaints with Baker Hughes. I simply want to work closer to home. Working on the road makes time spent with co-workers extensive but luckily all my co workers are easy going and we all work well together.
overall good place to work
Senior Coordinator / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 August 2016
The company cares for their employees by giving them access to numerous training courses to help them develop of his/her career path. They have very competitive wages and incredible benefit packages.
Great place to work. Lots of leadership, experience and room to advance
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 July 2016
Great place to attain a career in the oilfield. Lots of opportunities. Good money and room to advance. Several career paths available.
Pros
Good money, lots of work
Cons
Current activity level
Had a great group of team members to work with.
Base Administrator, Buyer / Planner (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 July 2016
It was exciting to guide new processes to a new division. Along with changing priorities in a busy, detail-oriented environment.
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB26 June 2016
Great company to work for. Good people working there. Opportunities to travel and work overseas. Well managed with management that listens to workers.
Pros
Travel and transfer opportunities
Cons
Time away from home.

Want to know more about Baker Hughes Incorporated?

Ask a question
Excelent company with professional growing
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Venezuela13 June 2016
We were able to grow up year by year professionally and economically. People used to have more benefits than they were expecting. I we had a great training program.
Opportunity for career growth and recreation
Pipeline Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
It is a place to belong and to become. Gives room for professional growth. The senior employees are always ready to give you a hand when needed. It was nice working in Baker Hughes.

The job was about analyzing pipeline data to detect magnetic anomaly
I learnt a new software used to analyse detected magnetic anomaly to determine the depth of corrosion
The management are welcoming and helpful to the employee's improvement
The hardest part would be when a particular section of the pipeline is severely corroded
The most enjoyable part was when the pipeline under analysis is not too corroded
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday
Cons
Requires long sitting
Good training ground.
Field Specialist (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2016
Baker Hughes was the best company for a new person in the Oilfield to train and gain experience. The work ethics within the company were very good. It was like working with a family.
Pros
Excellent growth potential.
Cons
Took too long to implement change.
great place to work
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 May 2016
I found this to be an excellent place to work during my employment. Great company, excellent benefits program and employee stock options
It's alright
Coring Tool Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 May 2016
Clean, well lit and ventilated shop space. Quality equipment to work with. Good training and strong safety culture. not much advancement unless employees pushed.
It's alright
Mechanical Technician & Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB9 May 2016
Lots of work when it's busy, sweep the floors when it's quiet.Angry bully type management. Finger pointing for mistakes. weak training practices. Strong safety culture unless a job "had" to be done.
Engineering Department for Research & Development
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto/Calgary9 May 2016
We are a great team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and technicians working in the Product Research and Development for the Pipeline Inspection Tools. The atmosphere at work is great, peaceful cooperation, we have the same goal, to create competitive Inline Inspection Tools. Also our Management is great. They do not have a critical position toward our activity but rather an attitude of help and support. Of course, if we need to respect a tight deadline, we understand to work overtime. But it is a rewarding effort.
Pros
everything
Inefficient Behemoth
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB25 April 2016
Too many managers with nothing to do interfering with productivity. A corporate culture that focuses on pleasing middle management over pleasing clients. Not a good business model.
productive
Heavy Duty Technician (Journeyman) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 April 2016
Busy work place ,management was good to deal with , learned from workers , long days , but you were just a number , thought we could have done more actual transport and trailer stuff in house rather than sending it out .
Good place to work even with its policies and management constantly changing
Lead hand Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 March 2016
I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with and I would go back if I was looking for a job when they hire again.
Management would always back you on any safety related issue no matter the cost.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive pay lots of field work when oil is high
Cons
The saftey culture has become so extreme that paperwork takes longer then the repair, being an oilfield company layoffs are always happening.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval