Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

Loved the Jobs I did, didnt like how I was let go.
Coil Tubing Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABDecember 19, 2015
Loved working with my crew and the coil tubing units. But I have issues with how they laid off and discared their experianced staff.
Productive team enviroment, offering great work life balance
Canadian Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
Great place to work, lots of fun new opportunities. Every day is a different day!! Lots of continuous improvement opportunities, and lots of room to grow
Excellent company
Special Projects / Drilling and Drill Bit Analysis (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 29, 2015
I received great training at Baker Hughes. Baker Hughes is a first class company...excellent benefits and salary, and very fair.
Pros
Great training and great team
Cons
Great Work place, poor advancement opportunities
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Great life balance and benefits, poor advancement opportunities. Even though the life-work balance is good, it was almost expected that you work longer to finish projects on time.
Okay place to work
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 13, 2015
Much of the management were too concentrated on their own job security to perfom their jobs properly. Some blamed it on managerial pressures but it was evident that they were not suited for the job positions they held. Much incompetence.
Corporate management was much more reliable and easy to deal with.
Pros
Good equipment and personell
Cons
Managers
Overall a good place to work
MWD (Measurements While Drilling) (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 11, 2015
Baker Hughes is a good place if you're interested in the Directional Drilling end of the Oil Patch. As a consultant it's very volatile.
An ok place to work. did field work
MWD Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
It was a good training experience. Good people to work with in the field. There were good training courses. My tenure there was very short but enjoyable.
BHI
Field Enginer Pressure Pumping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 27, 2015
Job security always low, Pay is high with bonuses but may not be better than operator company. Field work 15 days on 6 off this varies by product line. 12 hour days on leases plus commute to and from hotel so expect a 14-16 hour day.
Good Overall Company - Regional Management Issues
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2015
With impending acquisition of Halliburton, too many quality senior managers have been packaged out. Sever lack of experience in current Canadian management group. Employees no longer matter and current management does not know how to motivate employees, especially in tough market conditions. Hopefully, Halliburton can save this sinking ship.
Incompetent Management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2015
This company is rife with incompetent management, those that turn a blind eye to what's going on in their division, and show favouritism to people of their own race or faith. No such thing as diversity in Drilling Systems, as it's become a Muslim brotherhood.
Good job. Great work relationships
Cement Supervisor LVL3 (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABOctober 20, 2015
Was reasonable for running a crew. Completing assigned jobs in a timely manner safely. Problem solving on the fly as job was going on. Co-workers were helper and fun to work with. Was on call so was called to work whenever job was required so long days.
Pros
Money was good and great people to work with.
Cons
A lot of time away from family.
high pace work environment
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 19, 2015
Working hours is Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 4.30pm. It is a great experience working in a high pace work environment. We were working ad team to make sure all the task are completed on timely manner. The most enjoyable part is getting 4 flex days a year. the flex day starts in April of one day off of each month.
Good people to work with and a clean place to work.
Shop Hand- Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Great place to work always steady and working on your own was expected.People there were willing to help in most situations.
Good guys to work and learn from
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 9, 2015
The whole time with this company was always learning new things. Was able to get my Class 1 license, numerous other needed training classes to complete my work safely.
Pros
Various work locations
Cons
Lots of paperwork
I plead the 5th
COILED TUBING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  4089-77 st Red Deer ABOctober 5, 2015
They worry more about the paper work and guardian cards from us than the actual job that is taking place
Sales could not land jobs for coil while other companies were steadily working
baker hughes
Supervisor for last (Former Employee) –  medicine hatSeptember 29, 2015
I leaned lots at baker hughes. there was a lot of good employees. there was to many different managers running , sometime things just didn't work.
Safety and Training #1
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta CanadaSeptember 28, 2015
Great team environment and opportunities to grow and advance in many different services, unfortunate for the down turn in the industry.
Good job, bad time in O & G
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABSeptember 22, 2015
when times are food and oil is up its a good place to work, when oil is down start looking for a new job. I would work for Baker in the future.
Fun place to work
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 17, 2015
Many great memories whilst employed with this company. Good cultural experience and a leader in their area of expertise. Time well spent!
good place to work lots of benefits
Oil Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 3, 2015
I cannot give a good review as I don't work for this company any more as I was let go because of the price of oil but I liked the work and the guys I worked with were great
Pros
great pll to work with
Cons
called out on short notice