Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

I had a great 34 years
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 12, 2016
A great group of people. we were like family. our work was organizing and loading chemicals for use in the field each day. we worked with very little warehouse space. That made the hardest part of this along with the winter months when we used reefers to store our chemicals in.
Pros
Baker had a great bunch of people. Benefits were great.
Cons
downsizing was the hardest as people got laid off
Your career is what you make of it
Currently employed and Happy (Current Employee) –  Leduc, ABJanuary 4, 2016
I have been employed with Baker Hughes for almost 6 years. When I was hired I had absolutely no industry experience but I soon realized the potential I had to make a difference. I was given my opportunity as a shift lead that soon progressed to a titled position as a supervisor. Not ever being in a leadership position I struggled at first but my manager, and my mentor reduced my responsibility and realigned me to help me succeed.
After a few years I was recruited internally and in my current role I have had the opportunity to show my worth with upper management in Houston and I made a name for myself.
Without hesitation, I can say that the guidance provided to me early on in my career helped me gain the confidence to make it to where I am today.
Don't get me wrong, part of my success was timing as well but if you put in the effort and are willing to take constructive criticism, if you are able to separate "business" from friendship you will succeed.
The industry is has changed so much in my tenure with Baker Hughes and the company as a whole has increased their Safety culture hand-over-fist. They care about the employees, their health - both physical and emotional - and it is showing by the performance increases made over the past 2 years.
I can't imagine working for another company. As large as this is there is still the "family" atmosphere within the company. I have made many friendships here that I feel will last for many years to come.
Pros
Freedom, employees, compensation, benefits, safety culture, management
Cons
potentially long hours, having to commute, potential aquisition by Halliburton
Good Place to Work
Quality Control Specialist & Technician (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Good company that treats it's workers very well (even when the market is low). Coming from a 20 year military background, the hardest part of any job is trying to cope with how slow, entitled and undisciplined some workers can be. Also, Baker Hughes Incorporated conducts way too many meetings. Many meetings could be emails but that method of thinking comes from the top down. The most enjoyable parts of my day were being able to assist the technicians on the floor with trouble shooting problems, giving recommendations for repairs/reworks, saving the company millions of dollars annually and providing a good reliable product/service.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Cons
Employment is dependant on oil market prices
A nice place to work in.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 24, 2015
A nice place to work in. Chances to work with international support which gives one more confidence and knowlwdge.

Nice people in the team to work with. its a joy to work with some specific people
Pros
Pure practial experience every day
Cons
Lay offs
Loved the Jobs I did, didnt like how I was let go.
Coil Tubing Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABDecember 19, 2015
Loved working with my crew and the coil tubing units. But I have issues with how they laid off and discared their experianced staff.
Productive team enviroment, offering great work life balance
Canadian Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
Great place to work, lots of fun new opportunities. Every day is a different day!! Lots of continuous improvement opportunities, and lots of room to grow
Excellent company
Special Projects / Drilling and Drill Bit Analysis (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 29, 2015
I received great training at Baker Hughes. Baker Hughes is a first class company...excellent benefits and salary, and very fair.
Pros
Great training and great team
Cons
Great Work place, poor advancement opportunities
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2015
Great life balance and benefits, poor advancement opportunities. Even though the life-work balance is good, it was almost expected that you work longer to finish projects on time.
Okay place to work
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 13, 2015
Much of the management were too concentrated on their own job security to perfom their jobs properly. Some blamed it on managerial pressures but it was evident that they were not suited for the job positions they held. Much incompetence.
Corporate management was much more reliable and easy to deal with.
Pros
Good equipment and personell
Cons
Managers
Overall a good place to work
MWD (Measurements While Drilling) (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 11, 2015
Baker Hughes is a good place if you're interested in the Directional Drilling end of the Oil Patch. As a consultant it's very volatile.
An ok place to work. did field work
MWD Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 5, 2015
It was a good training experience. Good people to work with in the field. There were good training courses. My tenure there was very short but enjoyable.
BHI
Field Enginer Pressure Pumping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 27, 2015
Job security always low, Pay is high with bonuses but may not be better than operator company. Field work 15 days on 6 off this varies by product line. 12 hour days on leases plus commute to and from hotel so expect a 14-16 hour day.
Good Overall Company - Regional Management Issues
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2015
With impending acquisition of Halliburton, too many quality senior managers have been packaged out. Sever lack of experience in current Canadian management group. Employees no longer matter and current management does not know how to motivate employees, especially in tough market conditions. Hopefully, Halliburton can save this sinking ship.
Incompetent Management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2015
This company is rife with incompetent management, those that turn a blind eye to what's going on in their division, and show favouritism to people of their own race or faith. No such thing as diversity in Drilling Systems, as it's become a Muslim brotherhood.
Good job. Great work relationships
Cement Supervisor LVL3 (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, ABOctober 20, 2015
Was reasonable for running a crew. Completing assigned jobs in a timely manner safely. Problem solving on the fly as job was going on. Co-workers were helper and fun to work with. Was on call so was called to work whenever job was required so long days.
Pros
Money was good and great people to work with.
Cons
A lot of time away from family.
high pace work environment
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 19, 2015
Working hours is Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 4.30pm. It is a great experience working in a high pace work environment. We were working ad team to make sure all the task are completed on timely manner. The most enjoyable part is getting 4 flex days a year. the flex day starts in April of one day off of each month.
Good people to work with and a clean place to work.
Shop Hand- Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Great place to work always steady and working on your own was expected.People there were willing to help in most situations.
Good guys to work and learn from
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 9, 2015
The whole time with this company was always learning new things. Was able to get my Class 1 license, numerous other needed training classes to complete my work safely.
Pros
Various work locations
Cons
Lots of paperwork
I plead the 5th
COILED TUBING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  4089-77 st Red Deer ABOctober 5, 2015
They worry more about the paper work and guardian cards from us than the actual job that is taking place
Sales could not land jobs for coil while other companies were steadily working
baker hughes
Supervisor for last (Former Employee) –  medicine hatSeptember 29, 2015
I leaned lots at baker hughes. there was a lot of good employees. there was to many different managers running , sometime things just didn't work.

Baker Hughes Incorporated Reviews by Location