Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Was great, lots of culture changes
Evening Shift Supervisor/Leadhand (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB7 February 2017
Working for Baker-Hughes was amazing, they had everything and more you'd expect a great company to have (great pay, benefits, room for advancement, pool table, etc...) however as the company grew and switched to Baker One the job basically felt like working for a faceless corporation. Started bringing in people from the outside to run the shop and pretty much killed the culture and chemistry we worked to build together as a team. Amazing first 6 to 7 years though.
decent company to work for but management issues were prevelant
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 February 2017
Found the company to have great benefits for medical ect. Vacation on par with provincial labour standards but working enviroment within this division company was extremey stressful and operations manager was not clear on job expectaions during the hiring process. Upon starting the position I quickly found the description i was given not at all accurate to what I was actually doing on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I was not given any training other than a book with some basic procedures.
productive and fun place to work
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB18 October 2016
I would recommend this company to my friends and family. My typical day at work would be to load bulker with either sand or cement and drive to different locations throughout Alberta. Complete the job on site and afterwards pack up all tools and equipment in a safe, orderly fashion.
During my time with this company, I learned how to operate cement bulker and sand bulker.
The management staff with this company was very accommodating within various situations. They were always there to help and answer any questions or concerns that may arise.
Co-workers were glad to assist and help out in different situations and work together as a team and answer any questions or concerns that too may arise.
The hardest part of the job was locating job site areas due to lack of experience at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was completing my job assignment successfully and returning home safely.
Pros
wages, benefits, accomendations paid
Cons
layoff during spring break up
Awesome company to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 September 2016
Awesome company to work with. Great benefits, nice working hours. Employees and Managers are very helpful. I had an awesome and learning experience with Baker Hughes Canada Company.
Benefits
Poor Corporate Management
SENIOR ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2016
This company is an example of how the share holders dictate how a company is to be run to the ruling class in Houston. They do not car about the people, advancement, work culture. Pay is good but management is terrible. This also goes for the local managers, most of those who do not care and are only interested in keeping their own jobs.
productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2017
Good management and comfortable workplace, good equipment, computers. Possibilities for learning and promotion, high workplace culture. People are polite and qualified.
Good place to work even with its policies and management constantly changing
Lead hand Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 March 2016
I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with and I would go back if I was looking for a job when they hire again.
Management would always back you on any safety related issue no matter the cost.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive pay lots of field work when oil is high
Cons
The saftey culture has become so extreme that paperwork takes longer then the repair, being an oilfield company layoffs are always happening.
Be prepared to give up your life for a dead end job!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB11 March 2016
Working with the guys at Baker Hughes is the best part of the job.The work it self is easy but the management makes life harder then it has to be by constantly lying to you or just flat out ignoring saftey issuses .They dont give raises and theres no where to advance to once your in thats your spot and your wage for the time your there.Also they love to set you up to fail ,by sending you out with unsafe equipment,that they say is good but no one actully has signed off on.
Cons
Expect to live in your truck from monday to friday.
Great Co-Workers, Environment & Pay, sometimes sloppy Management
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB17 March 2016
I enjoyed my 8 years at Baker-Hughes Artificial Lift, however after moving into a supervisor position I found they did a poor job of teaching me new skills. I wanted to learn more but they did not allow much cross training. However they did recognize hard work with financial benefits and I enjoyed most people I worked with. Lots of overtime available.
Pros
Overtime when needed
Cons
Sloppy management
Excelent company with professional growing
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Venezuela13 June 2016
We were able to grow up year by year professionally and economically. People used to have more benefits than they were expecting. I we had a great training program.
very stressful
Pressure pump operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB22 March 2017
long hours and a very hard job,not knowing where you are from week to week. the best part about the job was the people and learning from them. the one thing i learned was to keep pushing it will come.
Pros
great pay
good company
Spool Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  spooler operator1 December 2016
In general the company was ood to me. the wage was a little low but the overtime was good. 15/6 rotation was good. work life balance was very good. i have no real bad coment.
Developed company
General Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2016
Any work schedule
Low management level is result of low price and contracts quantity
Development is impossible due to lack of education
Management could to provide with field work winter projects only
Hardest part of the job is relationship among co-workers
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Low management level, low sales level
enjoyable
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK26 October 2016
I liked working here due to the fact that i got along with all my co workers. Yes there was long hours bad, weather,fast paced, but all in all i enjoyed working here
Pros
days off work with others
Cons
long hours bad wheather
great place to work
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 May 2016
I found this to be an excellent place to work during my employment. Great company, excellent benefits program and employee stock options
excellent clean and healthy work invironment
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 October 2016
I worked a 8 day on and 6 day off shift which was excellent, most days included preventive maintenance programme for all equipment supplemented with any other repairs that may come up during the course of a day. We worked in teams of four which gave us the advantage of combined experience and knowledge to easy perform any task. The group of techs I was fortunate enough to work with made me feel right at home an were never to busy to answer any questions. The only thing I found unfortunate was that being such a big company it was sometimes hard to go through the chain of command to get approval for work being done
somewhat productive
Field operator ll -PPS (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
Great learning experience. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was leaving the family for long periods. Management has ups and downs, but for the most part they were great.
Cons
not enough hours/pay
Not for everyone
Field Specialist - Measurement While Drilling (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
No job schedule makes personal life hard to manage. Overall the work is pretty good and most people you work with are enjoyable. If there was a set schedule it might not be such a bad job. Lots of travel and being away from home
A very good place to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 November 2016
People you worked with are very professional. If not because of the down turn in the oil and gas industry everyone should still be there. Safety culture at BHI is paramount to everything. If the oil and gas industry recovers I would not hesitate to come back.
Pros
Safety Culture and Diversity
Cons
not much
Day To Day activities. No technology advancements.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
This company was in the process of a merger and was cutting back all resources including contractors. As a result all the existing resources were depleted and work began increasing difficult to make time lines.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Lack of resources to manage the day to day activities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.