Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

good company
Spool Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  spooler operator1 December 2016
In general the company was ood to me. the wage was a little low but the overtime was good. 15/6 rotation was good. work life balance was very good. i have no real bad coment.
A very good place to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 November 2016
People you worked with are very professional. If not because of the down turn in the oil and gas industry everyone should still be there. Safety culture at BHI is paramount to everything. If the oil and gas industry recovers I would not hesitate to come back.
Pros
Safety Culture and Diversity
Cons
not much
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta30 October 2016
Very Sales oriented & driven, coworkers come from a sales background. Very strong higher up management team. Can be difficult to advance.
enjoyable
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK26 October 2016
I liked working here due to the fact that i got along with all my co workers. Yes there was long hours bad, weather,fast paced, but all in all i enjoyed working here
Pros
days off work with others
Cons
long hours bad wheather
productive and fun place to work
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB18 October 2016
I would recommend this company to my friends and family. My typical day at work would be to load bulker with either sand or cement and drive to different locations throughout Alberta. Complete the job on site and afterwards pack up all tools and equipment in a safe, orderly fashion.
During my time with this company, I learned how to operate cement bulker and sand bulker.
The management staff with this company was very accommodating within various situations. They were always there to help and answer any questions or concerns that may arise.
Co-workers were glad to assist and help out in different situations and work together as a team and answer any questions or concerns that too may arise.
The hardest part of the job was locating job site areas due to lack of experience at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was completing my job assignment successfully and returning home safely.
Pros
wages, benefits, accomendations paid
Cons
layoff during spring break up
excellent clean and healthy work invironment
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 October 2016
I worked a 8 day on and 6 day off shift which was excellent, most days included preventive maintenance programme for all equipment supplemented with any other repairs that may come up during the course of a day. We worked in teams of four which gave us the advantage of combined experience and knowledge to easy perform any task. The group of techs I was fortunate enough to work with made me feel right at home an were never to busy to answer any questions. The only thing I found unfortunate was that being such a big company it was sometimes hard to go through the chain of command to get approval for work being done
Office Politics
Pipeline Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2016
the general day to day operations with co-workers was generally enjoyable. the only issue was management higher up. A lot of office politics, which led to the closure of the division.
Pros
shifted hours
Cons
office politics
Awesome company to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 September 2016
Awesome company to work with. Great benefits, nice working hours. Employees and Managers are very helpful. I had an awesome and learning experience with Baker Hughes Canada Company.
Benefits
Great Job
Pressure Pumping (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 August 2016
I enjoyed working at Baker Hughes. A typical day would consist of waking up early driving to location and running equipment on the well site. Everyone was great to work with.
Pros
Good People, Good Money
Cons
Great employee benefits all around a good company to work for.
Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 August 2016
I have no complaints with Baker Hughes. I simply want to work closer to home. Working on the road makes time spent with co-workers extensive but luckily all my co workers are easy going and we all work well together.
overall good place to work
Senior Coordinator / Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 August 2016
The company cares for their employees by giving them access to numerous training courses to help them develop of his/her career path. They have very competitive wages and incredible benefit packages.
Great place to work. Lots of leadership, experience and room to advance
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 July 2016
Great place to attain a career in the oilfield. Lots of opportunities. Good money and room to advance. Several career paths available.
Pros
Good money, lots of work
Cons
Current activity level
Had a great group of team members to work with.
Base Administrator, Buyer / Planner (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 July 2016
It was exciting to guide new processes to a new division. Along with changing priorities in a busy, detail-oriented environment.
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB26 June 2016
Great company to work for. Good people working there. Opportunities to travel and work overseas. Well managed with management that listens to workers.
Pros
Travel and transfer opportunities
Cons
Time away from home.
Excelent company with professional growing
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Venezuela13 June 2016
We were able to grow up year by year professionally and economically. People used to have more benefits than they were expecting. I we had a great training program.
Opportunity for career growth and recreation
Pipeline Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2016
It is a place to belong and to become. Gives room for professional growth. The senior employees are always ready to give you a hand when needed. It was nice working in Baker Hughes.

The job was about analyzing pipeline data to detect magnetic anomaly
I learnt a new software used to analyse detected magnetic anomaly to determine the depth of corrosion
The management are welcoming and helpful to the employee's improvement
The hardest part would be when a particular section of the pipeline is severely corroded
The most enjoyable part was when the pipeline under analysis is not too corroded
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday
Cons
Requires long sitting
Good training ground.
Field Specialist (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 May 2016
Baker Hughes was the best company for a new person in the Oilfield to train and gain experience. The work ethics within the company were very good. It was like working with a family.
Pros
Excellent growth potential.
Cons
Took too long to implement change.
great place to work
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 May 2016
I found this to be an excellent place to work during my employment. Great company, excellent benefits program and employee stock options
It's alright
Coring Tool Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 May 2016
Clean, well lit and ventilated shop space. Quality equipment to work with. Good training and strong safety culture. not much advancement unless employees pushed.
Engineering Department for Research & Development
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto/Calgary9 May 2016
We are a great team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and technicians working in the Product Research and Development for the Pipeline Inspection Tools. The atmosphere at work is great, peaceful cooperation, we have the same goal, to create competitive Inline Inspection Tools. Also our Management is great. They do not have a critical position toward our activity but rather an attitude of help and support. Of course, if we need to respect a tight deadline, we understand to work overtime. But it is a rewarding effort.
Pros
everything

Baker Hughes Incorporated Reviews by Location