Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

very stressful
Pressure pump operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB22 March 2017
long hours and a very hard job,not knowing where you are from week to week. the best part about the job was the people and learning from them. the one thing i learned was to keep pushing it will come.
Pros
great pay
pretty nice work enviornment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canada21 February 2017
the people are nice. the work is repetitive as a data analyst. but you got a lot to learn, although what you learned won't be very useful in other industry.
typical day
Account Manager / Field Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB16 February 2017
lots of work depending on where you are. different areas are busier than others due to changes in oil and the time of year. not a lot of chance to advance within.
productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2017
Good management and comfortable workplace, good equipment, computers. Possibilities for learning and promotion, high workplace culture. People are polite and qualified.
Was great, lots of culture changes
Evening Shift Supervisor/Leadhand (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB7 February 2017
Working for Baker-Hughes was amazing, they had everything and more you'd expect a great company to have (great pay, benefits, room for advancement, pool table, etc...) however as the company grew and switched to Baker One the job basically felt like working for a faceless corporation. Started bringing in people from the outside to run the shop and pretty much killed the culture and chemistry we worked to build together as a team. Amazing first 6 to 7 years though.
decent company to work for but management issues were prevelant
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 February 2017
Found the company to have great benefits for medical ect. Vacation on par with provincial labour standards but working enviroment within this division company was extremey stressful and operations manager was not clear on job expectaions during the hiring process. Upon starting the position I quickly found the description i was given not at all accurate to what I was actually doing on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I was not given any training other than a book with some basic procedures.
Day To Day activities. No technology advancements.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
This company was in the process of a merger and was cutting back all resources including contractors. As a result all the existing resources were depleted and work began increasing difficult to make time lines.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Lack of resources to manage the day to day activities.
somewhat productive
Field operator ll -PPS (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
Great learning experience. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was leaving the family for long periods. Management has ups and downs, but for the most part they were great.
Cons
not enough hours/pay
Not for everyone
Field Specialist - Measurement While Drilling (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
No job schedule makes personal life hard to manage. Overall the work is pretty good and most people you work with are enjoyable. If there was a set schedule it might not be such a bad job. Lots of travel and being away from home
Poor Corporate Management
SENIOR ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2016
This company is an example of how the share holders dictate how a company is to be run to the ruling class in Houston. They do not car about the people, advancement, work culture. Pay is good but management is terrible. This also goes for the local managers, most of those who do not care and are only interested in keeping their own jobs.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville2 December 2016
People to work with are really good, training is very well executed. Excellent mentoring from senior co workers. Very happy with my time at baker hughes.
good company
Spool Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  spooler operator1 December 2016
In general the company was ood to me. the wage was a little low but the overtime was good. 15/6 rotation was good. work life balance was very good. i have no real bad coment.
A very good place to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 November 2016
People you worked with are very professional. If not because of the down turn in the oil and gas industry everyone should still be there. Safety culture at BHI is paramount to everything. If the oil and gas industry recovers I would not hesitate to come back.
Pros
Safety Culture and Diversity
Cons
not much
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta30 October 2016
Very Sales oriented & driven, coworkers come from a sales background. Very strong higher up management team. Can be difficult to advance.
enjoyable
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK26 October 2016
I liked working here due to the fact that i got along with all my co workers. Yes there was long hours bad, weather,fast paced, but all in all i enjoyed working here
Pros
days off work with others
Cons
long hours bad wheather
productive and fun place to work
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clairmont, AB18 October 2016
I would recommend this company to my friends and family. My typical day at work would be to load bulker with either sand or cement and drive to different locations throughout Alberta. Complete the job on site and afterwards pack up all tools and equipment in a safe, orderly fashion.
During my time with this company, I learned how to operate cement bulker and sand bulker.
The management staff with this company was very accommodating within various situations. They were always there to help and answer any questions or concerns that may arise.
Co-workers were glad to assist and help out in different situations and work together as a team and answer any questions or concerns that too may arise.
The hardest part of the job was locating job site areas due to lack of experience at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was completing my job assignment successfully and returning home safely.
Pros
wages, benefits, accomendations paid
Cons
layoff during spring break up
excellent clean and healthy work invironment
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 October 2016
I worked a 8 day on and 6 day off shift which was excellent, most days included preventive maintenance programme for all equipment supplemented with any other repairs that may come up during the course of a day. We worked in teams of four which gave us the advantage of combined experience and knowledge to easy perform any task. The group of techs I was fortunate enough to work with made me feel right at home an were never to busy to answer any questions. The only thing I found unfortunate was that being such a big company it was sometimes hard to go through the chain of command to get approval for work being done
Office Politics
Pipeline Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2016
the general day to day operations with co-workers was generally enjoyable. the only issue was management higher up. A lot of office politics, which led to the closure of the division.
Pros
shifted hours
Cons
office politics
Awesome company to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 September 2016
Awesome company to work with. Great benefits, nice working hours. Employees and Managers are very helpful. I had an awesome and learning experience with Baker Hughes Canada Company.
Benefits
Cons
Productive and fun work environment.
Chemical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Carnduff, SK1 September 2016
I learned a lot about working within a team environment, setting team and individual goals throughout the month and achieving those goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.