Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work day with Baker Hughes
Department Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: No cons
Keeping track on outgoing sales orders and processing data with SAP.

Team environment, great potential of learning new abilities and new software's.

Management is always there to give you direction in your work ethics, positive workplace and learned varieties of skills with SAP and variety of processes.

Everyone is there to answer your questions if you stumble upon conflicts on materials.

I've learned different ways of correcting materials and balancing out orders; also great learning curve on communicating with purchasing on the corrections with PO's.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
FINAL ASSEMBLY LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Leduc albertaMarch 27, 2015
I loved going to work every morning and the working atmosphere was excellent. I loved doing my job and working hands on with their tools
Loved seeing the province
Shop Lead / Senior Mechanical Assembler IV (Former Employee), Leduc, ABMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great environment to work
Cons: lots of time away from home
This was a great job that had me going from the south of the province to the north. Lots of away from home jobs and not so much time with family. It allowed me to see the province and meet lots of new people.
a safe place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: camp job
I drove the worker back and forth to the oil fields.
Learn safely,
great management
learn you just have to get along with all co worker, which I got along with everyone
Driving on off roads
picking up the crew and getting them home safety
coil tubing operator,oil rig,heav equip operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 1, 2015
Baker was a good place to work. I learned many new things and obtained many certificates and tickets. Unfortunately, I was laid off because the company was downsizing. I would like to work as a commuter because my family lives in Cape Breton, NS.
Good Paying
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 27, 2015
Good paying job. They did not push me too hard, typically it would be a 8 hour work day, not too much overtime required. - location closed now
One on one training sessions
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good employees, free lunches, health and safety meetings, taking care of each other
Great place to work and learn new things everyday. Co-workers are always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is they assign you to one senior employee to sit with him on weekly basis for training purposes.
An overated company saturated with unqualified personel who are more interested in their resume than their performance.
Feild Specialist 2 - INT (Former Employee), Red Deer , Alberta , CanadaFebruary 9, 2015
Strange for an Oil and Gas Specialty company who have roughly 90% of their employees hired with out any Oil and Gas experience.
No wonder why they are failing in Canada.
Not a surprise that they were in the " RED " financially.
To the point where Haliburton purchased them.
I'm glad I left.
Efficient work place with independent coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2015
I worked as an administrative assistant for 10 months. I mainly helped a lady who worked for guys working at the location. We kept records the depth, the tools they used, and hours they worked. We also kept the vehicle records they used for work. After few month, I was asked to put the records to their system, so I was responsible for that. The hardest part was to put the record of the tools, but I got to know some tools after few months. I feel people have their own work, so everyone worked individually.
To hard of physical labor for a woman
Tool Technician (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 1, 2014
Pros: long hours on call
Cons: team work
Overlifting and the use of a 20' snipe was a daily activity for work in the open hole end of the shop. Shoulders and back eventually gave out and had to quit.
Overall a great company
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Clairmont, ABNovember 15, 2014
In the year that I have worked for Baker Hughes, it was an amazing place to be. The knowledge my co workers have about the equipment we were working on helped me out quite a lot.
good people t workfor
FIELD SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Estevan, SKNovember 14, 2014
Pros: guarentee salary good management
Cons: lack of work
long hours but management cared about u lots of room for advancement the more u put into your job the farther ahead u got
Baker Hughes
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee), Leduc, ABNovember 8, 2014
Pros: international training
Cons: 15 days on call
15 days on 6 days off. Steady work, great people and great benefits.
Good workplace with great people
Field Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long commute and not enough work
A typical day at work for me is quite slow, I keep track of fuel and work in SAP on a regular basis but most other duties are monthly and don't require much upkeep throughout the rest of the month. I am looking for something where I can be busy throughout most of the day. There is not much room for advancement in my position and that is certainly something I am looking for. I work very well with my coworkers when the need arises and the hardest part of my job is finding things to keep me busy. The most enjoyable thing is certainly the people I work with.
A good place
Pump Operator/ Driver (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABSeptember 10, 2014
Baker Hughes was a great place to work. The people are interesting and Baker Hughes looks after them
Very safety orientated company
Office Manager (Former Employee), Leduc AlbertaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: safety culture promoted and enforced in the company
Cons: lack of communication from upper management
Everyday was a learning experience for me at Baker Hughes. Managing a team of 7 throughout Alberta and Ontario had it's challenges. The logistics did not allow me to have a hands on experience with each of them. I built the team up so they became self sufficient yet knew I was only an email or phone call away to address any problems, concerns and provide training and assistance when needed. I held a weekly conference call with all of them to just "talk". I felt this was a good way for us to learn together and offer suggestions and support, not just by me, but by all of us. Having the administrative team report to me allowed us to unify the way we preformed the daily duties requested of administrators. Any one of us were able to cover sick days and vacation time at the other bases without any disruption to the business. My co-managers coached me on becoming a strong team leader. I had a lot of respect for them. I was able to take what they taught me and apply it to my team gaining the respect and support from them just as I had for the management that taught me. My experience at Baker Hughes was invaluable and grew me in to a confident team leader and player.
Professional office, highly intelligent team, comfortable work environment
Base Administrator, CTRE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2014
Typical day at work starts with checking and responding to emails and review from work done the day before. Management and co-workers keep me busy and include me in on their current projects. Hardest part of my job is "public speaking" in front of a large group. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with such a great team who appreciate my assistance in the office.
Great career
Directional Driller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
As DD a work day may start any time, you are on call; it is good and sad news in the same time. Good because you get paid on each day you spend on the rig site. Sad because you have to leave what you were doing.
I learnt a lot about drilling different well types and profiles, manage my stress and work under harsh situations.
Management is one of the worst I have seen; managers have to be that way, as they were not given a chance too.
Co-workers depend on who you work with. You might work with someone once your life, but most of them are good.
The hardest part of the job is working overnight many days, manage to sleep in noise.
Most enjoyable part is when you get congrats on what you have done.
easy to get job, great money, some awful coworkers
Field Operator III - Pressure Pumping (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 19, 2014
Pros: experience, free ppe, class 1 training, tickets
Cons: coworkers
The upside: When I first started working at Baker, I only had a class 5 drivers licence, I was flat broke, and wasn't expecting much. After the first month, they put me through training and paid for my class 1 licence, dozens of safety tickets, and all of my ppe. By the third month, I was making good money and after getting laid off, Baker gave me a huge amount of money for a severance package. I learned A LOT working for Baker. How to work safely, work on the trucks, even how to act in the field - It was my first oilfield job. Lots of heavy lifting. Managed to lose 10 pounds working for them and my arms got huge. The management at Baker was great. Really good guys (and girls) working in the office. Very well mannered, professional, and fair. A lot of the older guys I worked with had a great sense of humor

The downside: There is a kind of "boys club" going on at Baker Hughes in Red Deer and if you're not "one of the boys", you get picked on. Some of the guys working there are just awful people and there's nothing you can really do about it because they've been there longer. Lots of gossip in the company, if you say something or do something off key, everyone knows about it across north america within a week (for real). Field supervisors can also be really nasty - if you make them mad, they work you like a dog until they settle down and they always try and rush you during rig-ins and rig-outs. It's very difficult to move up quickly in the company because there are so many guys working there, all after the more senior roles. Baker also had 3 massive layoffs in the 11 months that – more... I was working there.

There were a lot of good times at Baker but there were also a lot of bad times in terms of some of the guys I had to work with in the field. All in all, I will never work for a large fracing company again. If you're looking for first time oil field experience, a class 1 licence, lots of safety tickets, and fat pay checks, Baker is a great company to start with but don't under estimate smaller oil field companies. – less
Long term employment
Dispatch/Chemical operator (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMay 12, 2014
While the time I spent there it was a great place to work. Management was very easy to approach to talk to, but they let alot of guys down when they just shut the doors on them and put them out of a job

1 2 3

About Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes cooks up a baker's dozen of products and services for the global petroleum market. Through its Drilling and Evaluation – Read more

Baker Hughes Incorporated Photos