Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Solid Company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Redcliff, ABApril 19, 2015
Pros: Good benefits good friends plenty of work.
Cons: Outdated Equipment, bonuses were the lowest paid.
I enjoyed working there. work was 12-14 hrs (included drive time). Learned a lot of equipment and Management was there when needed. Got along with 95% of the other co-workers, hardest part was rigging in 3" Iron in mud up to my knees. Some of the best times were the drives to different places, and during the summer and the Coil broke down, could relax and read a book or clean equipment at a nice pace. A shame that it is no more.
Excellent Company to work for.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 13, 2015
Pros: Freedom to work independently
Cons: Winter driving on QEII
Entered sales, returns, stock transfers and adjustments from tickets forwarded from remote warehouses daily.

Inventory counts for various warehouse locations.

Prepared all customs documentation for outgoing international shipments to the United States and ensured all documentation was sent to appropriate parties for Customs clearance.
It was a good company while it lasted
Bulk Truck Driver / Driver trainer and assessor (Former Employee), Estevan, SKApril 2, 2015
Started there as BJ services and was a Bulk truck driver it was a great job till they closed the second busiest base in the Estevan area poor management but great job
Interesting job with a lot of day to day chalanges
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Often stresfull days
Resolving daily issues with operation and production of new equipment.
Learning how to provide necessary support to fast changing needs.
Cooperating with management to plan work ahead.
Great, very dedicated team.
Time management with every day different challenges.
Hearing about successful results of inspection projects.
Success completely depends on your boss, not how you do your job.
Project leader (Former Employee), Calgary albertaMarch 30, 2015
I worked for Nowsco-Fracmanster-BJ-Baker-Halibuton for several years. Survives seven layoffs, was laid off twice.

Find another company that does not do this.
Work day with Baker Hughes
Department Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: No cons
Keeping track on outgoing sales orders and processing data with SAP.

Team environment, great potential of learning new abilities and new software's.

Management is always there to give you direction in your work ethics, positive workplace and learned varieties of skills with SAP and variety of processes.

Everyone is there to answer your questions if you stumble upon conflicts on materials.

I've learned different ways of correcting materials and balancing out orders; also great learning curve on communicating with purchasing on the corrections with PO's.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
FINAL ASSEMBLY LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Leduc albertaMarch 27, 2015
I loved going to work every morning and the working atmosphere was excellent. I loved doing my job and working hands on with their tools
Loved seeing the province
Shop Lead / Senior Mechanical Assembler IV (Former Employee), Leduc, ABMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great environment to work
Cons: lots of time away from home
This was a great job that had me going from the south of the province to the north. Lots of away from home jobs and not so much time with family. It allowed me to see the province and meet lots of new people.
a safe place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 5, 2015
Pros: camp job
I drove the worker back and forth to the oil fields.
Learn safely,
great management
learn you just have to get along with all co worker, which I got along with everyone
Driving on off roads
picking up the crew and getting them home safety
coil tubing operator,oil rig,heav equip operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 1, 2015
Baker was a good place to work. I learned many new things and obtained many certificates and tickets. Unfortunately, I was laid off because the company was downsizing. I would like to work as a commuter because my family lives in Cape Breton, NS.
Good Paying
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 27, 2015
Good paying job. They did not push me too hard, typically it would be a 8 hour work day, not too much overtime required. - location closed now
One on one training sessions
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good employees, free lunches, health and safety meetings, taking care of each other
Great place to work and learn new things everyday. Co-workers are always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is they assign you to one senior employee to sit with him on weekly basis for training purposes.
An overated company saturated with unqualified personel who are more interested in their resume than their performance.
Feild Specialist 2 - INT (Former Employee), Red Deer , Alberta , CanadaFebruary 9, 2015
Strange for an Oil and Gas Specialty company who have roughly 90% of their employees hired with out any Oil and Gas experience.
No wonder why they are failing in Canada.
Not a surprise that they were in the " RED " financially.
To the point where Haliburton purchased them.
I'm glad I left.
Efficient work place with independent coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2015
I worked as an administrative assistant for 10 months. I mainly helped a lady who worked for guys working at the location. We kept records the depth, the tools they used, and hours they worked. We also kept the vehicle records they used for work. After few month, I was asked to put the records to their system, so I was responsible for that. The hardest part was to put the record of the tools, but I got to know some tools after few months. I feel people have their own work, so everyone worked individually.
To hard of physical labor for a woman
Tool Technician (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 1, 2014
Pros: long hours on call
Cons: team work
Overlifting and the use of a 20' snipe was a daily activity for work in the open hole end of the shop. Shoulders and back eventually gave out and had to quit.
Overall a great company
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Clairmont, ABNovember 15, 2014
In the year that I have worked for Baker Hughes, it was an amazing place to be. The knowledge my co workers have about the equipment we were working on helped me out quite a lot.
good people t workfor
FIELD SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Estevan, SKNovember 14, 2014
Pros: guarentee salary good management
Cons: lack of work
long hours but management cared about u lots of room for advancement the more u put into your job the farther ahead u got
Baker Hughes
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee), Leduc, ABNovember 8, 2014
Pros: international training
Cons: 15 days on call
15 days on 6 days off. Steady work, great people and great benefits.
Good workplace with great people
Field Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long commute and not enough work
A typical day at work for me is quite slow, I keep track of fuel and work in SAP on a regular basis but most other duties are monthly and don't require much upkeep throughout the rest of the month. I am looking for something where I can be busy throughout most of the day. There is not much room for advancement in my position and that is certainly something I am looking for. I work very well with my coworkers when the need arises and the hardest part of my job is finding things to keep me busy. The most enjoyable thing is certainly the people I work with.
A good place
Pump Operator/ Driver (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABSeptember 10, 2014
Baker Hughes was a great place to work. The people are interesting and Baker Hughes looks after them

1 2 3

About Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes cooks up a baker's dozen of products and services for the global petroleum market. Through its Drilling and Evaluation – Read more

Baker Hughes Incorporated Photos