Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work even with its policies and management constantly changing
Lead hand Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Great benefits and competitive pay lots of field work when oil is high
Cons: The saftey culture has become so extreme that paperwork takes longer then the repair, being an oilfield company layoffs are always happening.
I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with and I would go back if I was looking for a job when they hire again.
Management would always back you on any safety related issue no matter the cost.
Great Co-Workers, Environment & Pay, sometimes sloppy Management
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Leduc, ABMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Overtime when needed
Cons: Sloppy management
I enjoyed my 8 years at Baker-Hughes Artificial Lift, however after moving into a supervisor position I found they did a poor job of teaching me new skills. I wanted to learn more but they did not allow much cross training. However they did recognize hard work with financial benefits and I enjoyed most people I worked with. Lots of overtime available.
Be prepared to give up your life for a dead end job!
Driver (Former Employee), Leduc, ABMarch 11, 2016
Cons: Expect to live in your truck from monday to friday.
Working with the guys at Baker Hughes is the best part of the job.The work it self is easy but the management makes life harder then it has to be by constantly lying to you or just flat out ignoring saftey issuses .They dont give raises and theres no where to advance to once your in thats your spot and your wage for the time your there.Also they love to set you up to fail ,by sending you out with unsafe equipment,that they say is good but no one actully has signed off on.
Good Place to Work
Quality Control Specialist & Technician (Former Employee), Leduc, ABJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Good Work Life Balance
Cons: Employment is dependant on oil market prices
Good company that treats it's workers very well (even when the market is low). Coming from a 20 year military background, the hardest part of any job is trying to cope with how slow, entitled and undisciplined some workers can be. Also, Baker Hughes Incorporated conducts way too many meetings. Many meetings could be emails but that method of thinking comes from the top down. The most enjoyable parts of my day were being able to assist the technicians on the floor with trouble shooting problems, giving recommendations for repairs/reworks, saving the company millions of dollars annually and providing a good reliable product/service.
Developed company
General Field Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2016
Pros: good benefits
Cons: Low management level, low sales level
Any work schedule
Low management level is result of low price and contracts quantity
Development is impossible due to lack of education
Management could to provide with field work winter projects only
Hardest part of the job is relationship among co-workers
I had a great 34 years
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Baker had a great bunch of people. Benefits were great.
Cons: downsizing was the hardest as people got laid off
A great group of people. we were like family. our work was organizing and loading chemicals for use in the field each day. we worked with very little warehouse space. That made the hardest part of this along with the winter months when we used reefers to store our chemicals in.
Challenging but fun work place
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Leduc, ABMarch 29, 2016
Tool box meeting is set every morning. Supervisors discusses which drilling tools are needed for the day and set schedule. Also, everybody discusses any issues about safety. I learned how to manage my time due to time restraints. Some customers needs the tools urgently . When I first started training I was so green that I did not know anything about drilling tools. With some help of the senior technicians, I slowly learn so much about the industry.

Work atmosphere was good. Most of the technicians are easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is the constraints. Some times you need to stay late to finish the tool because the rig is waiting for the tools. When its busy, you can get called in in the middle of the night or on the weekends. That being said supervisors makes sure that you are fit to work and you are well rested.

The most warding part of the job is when tools come back from the rig and the tool that you assembled worked properly.
Good benefits and management
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2016
busy work day during winters.
hardest part of the job is time management.
most enjoyable part of the job would be dealing with clients
co-workers are not many left but during busier times, its a good and friendly environment to work for.
Okay place to work
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Good equipment and personell
Cons: Managers
Much of the management were too concentrated on their own job security to perfom their jobs properly. Some blamed it on managerial pressures but it was evident that they were not suited for the job positions they held. Much incompetence.
Corporate management was much more reliable and easy to deal with.
Great job to gain experience and travel
Field Specialist III - Completions & Fishing (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: job scope varied
Cons: long hours
21 days on, 7 days off work schedule
international work
team and individual environment
leaned a lot about safety and its importance
built a strong work ethic
Good Overall Company - Regional Management Issues
Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 27, 2015
With impending acquisition of Halliburton, too many quality senior managers have been packaged out. Sever lack of experience in current Canadian management group. Employees no longer matter and current management does not know how to motivate employees, especially in tough market conditions. Hopefully, Halliburton can save this sinking ship.
productive
Heavy Duty Technician (Journeyman) (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 21, 2016
Busy work place ,management was good to deal with , learned from workers , long days , but you were just a number , thought we could have done more actual transport and trailer stuff in house rather than sending it out .
Good job. Great work relationships
Cement Supervisor LVL3 (Former Employee), Clairmont, ABOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Money was good and great people to work with.
Cons: A lot of time away from family.
Was reasonable for running a crew. Completing assigned jobs in a timely manner safely. Problem solving on the fly as job was going on. Co-workers were helper and fun to work with. Was on call so was called to work whenever job was required so long days.
A nice place to work in.
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 24, 2015
Pros: Pure practial experience every day
Cons: Lay offs
A nice place to work in. Chances to work with international support which gives one more confidence and knowlwdge.

Nice people in the team to work with. its a joy to work with some specific people
A very interesting place to work at, never a dull moment.
Office Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: You get a paycheque
Cons: Long hours
Very busy Company to work for but rewarding. There are many challenges through out the day. Never a dull moment. The day just zooms past.
Inefficient Behemoth
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Leduc, ABApril 25, 2016
Too many managers with nothing to do interfering with productivity. A corporate culture that focuses on pleasing middle management over pleasing clients. Not a good business model.
high pace work environment
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 19, 2015
Working hours is Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 4.30pm. It is a great experience working in a high pace work environment. We were working ad team to make sure all the task are completed on timely manner. The most enjoyable part is getting 4 flex days a year. the flex day starts in April of one day off of each month.
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 26, 2016
Good people
Good work
Long days
Always on the road
different job every day
Always able to learn new skills
Always in a hotel
learn to find good places to eat
Very productive workplace. Co-workers were very friendly and ready to help at a moments notice. Positive environment
Account Manager/ Upstream Chemicals (Former Employee), Estevan, SKSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Baker Hughes online learning tools
Cons: Several hours of driving per day
Typical day of work of work consisted of contacting customers to ensure chemical field operations were running smoothly. If there were any concerns out in the field it was my job to travel to site and deliver chemicals to lease sites, as well as meet with customers to resolve issues and come up with a plan to eliminate any problems. Co-workers and management were always a phone call away to discuss issues at hand and walk me through any procedures. Very positive atmosphere in the office, always a colleague stopping by my desk ensure I had a handle on things.
Productive team enviroment, offering great work life balance
Canadian Distribution Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
Great place to work, lots of fun new opportunities. Every day is a different day!! Lots of continuous improvement opportunities, and lots of room to grow