BAKER & MCKENZIE

BAKER & MCKENZIE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sweat house
Associate (Former Employee), Kyiv, UkraineApril 22, 2015
A company that keeps some bright people but does not manage them properly. Overall good quality of services but can be notoriously difficult to deal with.
Work-Life integration is highly encouraged
Business Development Coordinator, EMEA (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesMarch 27, 2015
Most of the time we interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world. My co-workers are very approachable and very professional. The management makes sure that the employees get what they deserve in terms of benefits and compensation. The hardest part of the job is to juggle multiple groups, multiple stakeholders while producing quality and impressive output.
HR Dept. Knows NOTHING about law but tries to tell YOU how it works
Administrative Assistant; Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: everything
When I started at Baker & McKenzie in the mid-1990's, it was a great place to work. The benefits and perks were outstanding.

In the early to mid 2000's, the HR ladies micromanaged a lot of great staff right out the door. I think they were threatened and wanted to get rid of the secretaries who had a solid position and tenure. Little by little, all the perks vanished and it was like working at a mill or factory. Everyone dreaded going to work.
Excellent organisation
PA to Partner/Senior Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Sydney, 2000January 20, 2015
Pros: global organisation
Cons: extremely busy role
Extremely busy role working for the Senior Partner, Mergers & Acquisitions. Fantastic boss.

Great job satisfaction - he appreciated my efforts.

Great Company ethics and job culture.

I would definitely work for this Company again.
Working for the worlds largest international law firm
Administrative Assistant; File Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great benifits, professional development opportunites
Working for two departments has been a rewarding experience. It has enabled me to become well rounded in many different skills as well as become accustom with many different aspects of the worlds largest law firm.

Since I had a duel role at Baker, each day would consist of different general responsibilities all while maintaining the flexibility to address each departments specific needs at any given time. With this there hasn't been much room for a typical day, each day has brought its own set of needs and responsibility. My general duties for accounting would consist of running cost reports, updating spreadsheets, creating cash disbarment requests, getting proper signatures, and answering inquiries regarding payment status from our clients, attorneys, and secretaries.

My responsibilities in our records department have been to assist overseeing our Account's Payable in take. I have helped establish new filing systems and have played an instrumental role in launching a new electronic records system using KwikTag. Due to my vast knowledge of this new system, I have also assisted different department through out the firm to become accustom. I also help manage our request mailbox in outlook, retrieving back up needed for various departments and clients.
US Market Leaders
PA/Group Coordinator (Corporate) (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: puts staff first.
Cons: high expectations
High impact office environment. Multiple diary management, meetings, heavy document production, worldwide job prospects but staff orientated.
Not so great place to work
Senior Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
No work-life balance and compensation for support staff is awful.
Busy lawfirm dealing with medical malpractice defense
Assistant to Partner in Litigation Dept (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Pros: busy law practice
Cons: no room for advancement
Was fortunate to work for a partner in the litigation department handling medical malpractice defense.

My co-workers were great and I still all these years later stay in contact with some of them.
associate
Associate, banking and structured finance (Former Employee), Москва, CENNovember 26, 2013
banking and finance practice securitisation clients' assignments
Overall Review
? (Former Employee), ?July 8, 2013
Pros: nice perks, people were friendly.
Cons: the staff is very young
Great law firm, but management tends to hire very young staff throughout the firm ?
Good working environment, strict full time schedule, good benefits.
Secretary, Front Desk (Former Employee), Москва, CENMay 31, 2013
A lot of office tasks, working with PC, fax, phone is required. Generally busy, friendly environment. Strict management.
short but amazing experience
Internship (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMay 11, 2013
Short internship to be exposed to the legal environment before beginning my legal studies
Productive and friendly working place
IT Infrastructure (Former Employee), LondonApril 29, 2013
Pros: excellent training
Cons: don't offer many permanent roles
• Assisted in Windows 7 roll out through remote desktop and the use of Citrix – Exchange management console/Active directory users and computers.
• Data analysis through Excel such as constructing spread sheets through data from log reports.
• Co-ordinate communications between teams
• Disk space monitoring different servers/gathering data from reports on back up planning
• Communicating with overseas offices to assign out of hours workload
• Auditing remote servers access through ILO and standardising username and password access
Engaging, Challenging, and Team Building
SAP Project Administrator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2013
Excellent Project Environment. The management teams are understanding and very approachable and the teams are very smart.
Top international firm with amazing global network
Partner (Former Employee), 北京市, C22February 14, 2013
Diversified culture but abound with opportunities. Global network constantly spins out new work and clients.
Legal Secretary /Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2012
Enjoyed very much working for attorneys in the New York City office.

Great atmosphere. I was able to utilize my bilingual skills.
prodcutive a fun place
customs Supervisor (Former Employee), nogalesJuly 30, 2012
Pros: to much work
work with 8 different companies at one time
learen lots of stuff requierments , special permits neede dfor carring goods out etc
every co-worker had different shelter companies etc
hardest part was when all my shelter companies had ther requierments at the same time
enjoyable is that i got many thnak you letters
great place for start opportunity in the law field
Assistant to shareholder - Corporate & General Tax (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 28, 2012
great work work environment with very professional attorneys and support staff. Excellent salary and benefits; firm sincere on the well being and healthy work environment.
Great Company
File Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2012
The best company I've worked for thus far. Very stable and definitely has upward mobility.
Expert in terms of legal matters and good training ground if you intend to be a lawyer
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: quarterly bonus, free seminars, get together with lawyers and staff, 13th month bonus, sick leave, vacation leave conversion.
Cons: stressful paper works, mis management
Our office basically deals on legal matters (corporate, ligitagion, immigration, intellectual property)with high calibre lawyers with different field of expertise.

About BAKER & MCKENZIE

Baker & McKenzie believes big is good and bigger is better. One of the world's largest law firms, it has about 4,000 attorneys – Read more