BAKER & MCKENZIE Employee Reviews

Busy and Productive
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  GautengJuly 7, 2016
Work intimately with Directors on a daily basis. Its a busy, but vibey and friendly workplace with good work code ethics and beliefs.
If you are young and are good at excel beware of upper management
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2016
Very political, upper management does not know basic excel skill and if you try to teach them. They will get upset and try to get rid of you because they are insecure of the new employees that have more experience than them.
Pros
the money, and its by the train station.
Cons
upper management
Productive and fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Provide a positive atmosphere to work in and room for growth along with great benifits and compensation
Fun place with fun people but weak management and bad compensation
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  BakuMay 17, 2016
If you don't care about compensation much and value a good work atmosphere and future career prospects, it is a good fit for you.
Young, vibrant workplace
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  BelfastApril 21, 2016
Baker & McKenzie is a good place to work. It is filled with staff who embody the culture of friendship. There are a lot of extra-curricular activities and generally a good work-life balance.
Personal and professional growth experience
Administrative Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Caracas, AJanuary 25, 2016
First Internship and a great source of knowledge. Worked as intern for the administrative law department every afternoon.

Enjoyed learning about expropriations, arbitration, contracts and regulatory framework of public contracts in Venezuela.
International law firm
consultant, handling mergers & acquisitions (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP BrazilNovember 29, 2015
Consultant at International Law Firm in Brazil, dealing with mergers and acquisitions, daily meeting with the clients and work team and well as with the partner uncharged of the account/project updating on developments and receiving new informations and tasks.
Excellent Firm
Baker closed its Real Estate Practice (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2015
I truly enjoyed my work with Baker & McKenzie, working on projects and attorneys around the world. Most clients were foreign investors and we not only acted as the attorneys, but also as the developer on most projects. I also had significant M&A work for Fortune 500 companies with offices oversees.
Pros
Develpment of properties world-wide.
Cons
No cons, except for the economic envirnonment
Financial Project Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Very intelligent leaders, data security is big here.
Fun working place with supporting management. Opportunities to integrate into company are available.
Pros
Time flexibility
Cons
N/A
Legal Analyst
Conflict Analyst (Former Employee) –  russiaJuly 17, 2015
great office I really enjoyed my time there. Very prestigious law firm and opportunity for advancement. Management was great and very helpful.
Great atmosphere and employees and supervisor
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 16, 2015
I worked in the Labor and Employment Department for the head of the department as well as numerous associates over he years. Took care of traveling arrangements, entering time, scheduling and cancelling meetings. I also transcribed dictation, e-filing, filing with state and federal courts.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Very international and diverse workforce
Medium Associate (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MadridMay 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the stress faced everyday and the surprises awaiting for you: like a call from Ney York with a multinational client in trouble. Also my co-workers and team peers who helped to have a natural and open communication.
Sweat house
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kyiv, UkraineApril 22, 2015
A company that keeps some bright people but does not manage them properly. Overall good quality of services but can be notoriously difficult to deal with.
Work-Life integration is highly encouraged
Business Development Coordinator, EMEA (Current Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesMarch 27, 2015
Most of the time we interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world. My co-workers are very approachable and very professional. The management makes sure that the employees get what they deserve in terms of benefits and compensation. The hardest part of the job is to juggle multiple groups, multiple stakeholders while producing quality and impressive output.
HR Dept. Knows NOTHING about law but tries to tell YOU how it works
Administrative Assistant; Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
When I started at Baker & McKenzie in the mid-1990's, it was a great place to work. The benefits and perks were outstanding.

In the early to mid 2000's, the HR ladies micromanaged a lot of great staff right out the door. I think they were threatened and wanted to get rid of the secretaries who had a solid position and tenure. Little by little, all the perks vanished and it was like working at a mill or factory. Everyone dreaded going to work.
Cons
everything
Excellent organisation
PA to Partner/Senior Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sydney, 2000January 20, 2015
Extremely busy role working for the Senior Partner, Mergers & Acquisitions. Fantastic boss.

Great job satisfaction - he appreciated my efforts.

Great Company ethics and job culture.

I would definitely work for this Company again.
Pros
global organisation
Cons
extremely busy role
Working for the worlds largest international law firm
Administrative Assistant; File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Working for two departments has been a rewarding experience. It has enabled me to become well rounded in many different skills as well as become accustom with many different aspects of the worlds largest law firm.

Since I had a duel role at Baker, each day would consist of different general responsibilities all while maintaining the flexibility to address each departments specific needs at any given time. With this there hasn't been much room for a typical day, each day has brought its own set of needs and responsibility. My general duties for accounting would consist of running cost reports, updating spreadsheets, creating cash disbarment requests, getting proper signatures, and answering inquiries regarding payment status from our clients, attorneys, and secretaries.

My responsibilities in our records department have been to assist overseeing our Account's Payable in take. I have helped establish new filing systems and have played an instrumental role in launching a new electronic records system using KwikTag. Due to my vast knowledge of this new system, I have also assisted different department through out the firm to become accustom. I also help manage our request mailbox in outlook, retrieving back up needed for various departments and clients.
Pros
great benifits, professional development opportunites
US Market Leaders
PA/Group Coordinator (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 12, 2014
High impact office environment. Multiple diary management, meetings, heavy document production, worldwide job prospects but staff orientated.
Pros
puts staff first.
Cons
high expectations
Not so great place to work
Senior Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2014
No work-life balance and compensation for support staff is awful.
Busy lawfirm dealing with medical malpractice defense
Assistant to Partner in Litigation Dept (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Was fortunate to work for a partner in the litigation department handling medical malpractice defense.

My co-workers were great and I still all these years later stay in contact with some of them.
Pros
busy law practice
Cons
no room for advancement