BAKER & MCKENZIE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working for the worlds largest international law firm
Administrative Assistant; File Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great benifits, professional development opportunites
Working for two departments has been a rewarding experience. It has enabled me to become well rounded in many different skills as well as become accustom with many different aspects of the worlds largest law firm.

Since I had a duel role at Baker, each day would consist of different general responsibilities all while maintaining the flexibility to address each departments specific needs at any given time. With this there hasn't been much room for a typical day, each day has brought its own set of needs and responsibility. My general duties for accounting would consist of running cost reports, updating spreadsheets, creating cash disbarment requests, getting proper signatures, and answering inquiries regarding payment status from our clients, attorneys, and secretaries.

My responsibilities in our records department have been to assist overseeing our Account's Payable in take. I have helped establish new filing systems and have played an instrumental role in launching a new electronic records system using KwikTag. Due to my vast knowledge of this new system, I have also assisted different department through out the firm to become accustom. I also help manage our request mailbox in outlook, retrieving back up needed for various departments and clients.
HR Dept. Knows NOTHING about law but tries to tell YOU how it works
Administrative Assistant; Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: everything
When I started at Baker & McKenzie in the mid-1990's, it was a great place to work. The benefits and perks were outstanding.

In the early to mid 2000's, the HR ladies micromanaged a lot of great staff right out the door. I think they were threatened and wanted to get rid of the secretaries who had a solid position and tenure. Little by little, all the perks vanished and it was like working at a mill or factory. Everyone dreaded going to work.
Productive and friendly working place
IT Infrastructure (Former Employee), LondonApril 29, 2013
Pros: excellent training
Cons: don't offer many permanent roles
• Assisted in Windows 7 roll out through remote desktop and the use of Citrix – Exchange management console/Active directory users and computers.
• Data analysis through Excel such as constructing spread sheets through data from log reports.
• Co-ordinate communications between teams
• Disk space monitoring different servers/gathering data from reports on back up planning
• Communicating with overseas offices to assign out of hours workload
• Auditing remote servers access through ILO and standardising username and password access
Work-Life integration is highly encouraged
Business Development Coordinator, EMEA (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesMarch 27, 2015
Most of the time we interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world. My co-workers are very approachable and very professional. The management makes sure that the employees get what they deserve in terms of benefits and compensation. The hardest part of the job is to juggle multiple groups, multiple stakeholders while producing quality and impressive output.
Excellent Firm
Baker closed its Real Estate Practice (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2015
Pros: Develpment of properties world-wide.
Cons: No cons, except for the economic envirnonment
I truly enjoyed my work with Baker & McKenzie, working on projects and attorneys around the world. Most clients were foreign investors and we not only acted as the attorneys, but also as the developer on most projects. I also had significant M&A work for Fortune 500 companies with offices oversees.
Expert in terms of legal matters and good training ground if you intend to be a lawyer
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Manila, PhilippinesFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: quarterly bonus, free seminars, get together with lawyers and staff, 13th month bonus, sick leave, vacation leave conversion.
Cons: stressful paper works, mis management
Our office basically deals on legal matters (corporate, ligitagion, immigration, intellectual property)with high calibre lawyers with different field of expertise.
prodcutive a fun place
customs Supervisor (Former Employee), nogalesJuly 30, 2012
Pros: to much work
work with 8 different companies at one time
learen lots of stuff requierments , special permits neede dfor carring goods out etc
every co-worker had different shelter companies etc
hardest part was when all my shelter companies had ther requierments at the same time
enjoyable is that i got many thnak you letters
Great atmosphere and employees and supervisor
Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: None
I worked in the Labor and Employment Department for the head of the department as well as numerous associates over he years. Took care of traveling arrangements, entering time, scheduling and cancelling meetings. I also transcribed dictation, e-filing, filing with state and federal courts.
Very international and diverse workforce
Medium Associate (Former Employee), Madrid, MadridMay 14, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the stress faced everyday and the surprises awaiting for you: like a call from Ney York with a multinational client in trouble. Also my co-workers and team peers who helped to have a natural and open communication.
Busy lawfirm dealing with medical malpractice defense
Assistant to Partner in Litigation Dept (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2014
Pros: busy law practice
Cons: no room for advancement
Was fortunate to work for a partner in the litigation department handling medical malpractice defense.

My co-workers were great and I still all these years later stay in contact with some of them.
Excellent organisation
PA to Partner/Senior Legal Secretary (Former Employee), Sydney, 2000January 20, 2015
Pros: global organisation
Cons: extremely busy role
Extremely busy role working for the Senior Partner, Mergers & Acquisitions. Fantastic boss.

Great job satisfaction - he appreciated my efforts.

Great Company ethics and job culture.

I would definitely work for this Company again.
International law firm
consultant, handling mergers & acquisitions (Former Employee), São Paulo, SP BrazilNovember 29, 2015
Consultant at International Law Firm in Brazil, dealing with mergers and acquisitions, daily meeting with the clients and work team and well as with the partner uncharged of the account/project updating on developments and receiving new informations and tasks.
great place for start opportunity in the law field
Assistant to shareholder - Corporate & General Tax (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 28, 2012
great work work environment with very professional attorneys and support staff. Excellent salary and benefits; firm sincere on the well being and healthy work environment.
Legal Secretary /Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 12, 2012
Enjoyed very much working for attorneys in the New York City office.

Great atmosphere. I was able to utilize my bilingual skills.
Financial Project Data Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: Time flexibility
Cons: N/A
Very intelligent leaders, data security is big here.
Fun working place with supporting management. Opportunities to integrate into company are available.
Sweat house
Associate (Former Employee), Kyiv, UkraineApril 22, 2015
A company that keeps some bright people but does not manage them properly. Overall good quality of services but can be notoriously difficult to deal with.
US Market Leaders
PA/Group Coordinator (Corporate) (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: puts staff first.
Cons: high expectations
High impact office environment. Multiple diary management, meetings, heavy document production, worldwide job prospects but staff orientated.
Good working environment, strict full time schedule, good benefits.
Secretary, Front Desk (Former Employee), Москва, CENMay 31, 2013
A lot of office tasks, working with PC, fax, phone is required. Generally busy, friendly environment. Strict management.
Legal Analyst
Conflict Analyst (Former Employee), russiaJuly 17, 2015
great office I really enjoyed my time there. Very prestigious law firm and opportunity for advancement. Management was great and very helpful.
Overall Review
? (Former Employee), ?July 8, 2013
Pros: nice perks, people were friendly.
Cons: the staff is very young
Great law firm, but management tends to hire very young staff throughout the firm ?