Title: Project Manager/ Engineer/ Construction
Salary: $80 - $84K plus Benefits and Bonus
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and organized project management professional to join our Markham client's expanding team. Experience in project management within the construction and / or corrosion sector would be the ideal background.
Are you technically savvy?
Do you have proven leadership abilities and very strong computer skills, especially in Excel?
Do you want a career which offers you the possibility to provide input and to turn ideas into action?
· Providing direction on planning, scheduling, budgets and procurement of projects
· Ensure all resources are used optimally and responsibly
· Ensure that schedule, budget and quality standards are adhered to
· Participate in bid proposal processes and contract negotiations
· Represent the company in dealings with clients, internal and external stakeholders
To effectively complete the responsibilities, you will be required to:
· Provide project guidance and participate in the delivery an engineering discipline
· Ensure that all contractual obligations of the project are understood and met by all parties
· Lead in the development of planning, schedules, cost summary, and reporting formats
· Work with the Project Management Office and Administration to ensure that project estimates, budgets and costs are properly understood, monitored, controlled, and reported
· Work with the engineering team to plan the execution of the project
· Prepare, review, and distribute the detailed project schedule
· Conduct weekly project meetings to discuss progress of the project and document required action and follow-up
· Ensure that project close-out requirements are being met
· Act as a liaison between our engineering teams and our customers to ensure appropriate project updates are provided in a timely manner
· Applicants should be university or college graduates with a project management certificate
· Experience in business development
· PMP is an asset
· Training and/or certification in process improvement, Six Sigma is preferred
· Candidates must have good oral and written communication and computer skills
If you feel you are a good fit for the position please apply by submitting your resume quoting job #36488