Position: Account Executive for Edmonton, Alberta
Location: Work from home based office in Alberta
Salary: 75 K + bonuses + pension, benefits etc.
Travel: Must be prepared to travel up to 75% of the time
Our client is a very successful organization that is mandated to promote and support the welding and joining industry in Canada. If you are looking to work for a remarkable company that is quick to respond to the changing needs of their customers this may be the position for you!
Are you an individual who thrives on practicing Core Values and adhering to Standards of Business Conduct? Do you like to delight your client by offering more than expected? Are you selling within an industrial / construction market? Does a collaborative environment and functional, accessible leadership team appeal to you?
Our client is offering a competitive salary and full compensation package which includes bonus and excellent company paid benefits and pension. We are also offering work life balance in a financially solid professional environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Working with the Regional Manager, develop annual sales plans, setting metrics and targets to grow client base in existing and new markets
·Through market analysis identify new sales opportunities for revenue growth through sales to new and existing clients
· Identify opportunities and develop strategies to sell the company’s products and services to new markets
· Assist Regional Managers and Product Development in the development of RFP’s to assess viability of these new products to generate revenue
· Develop RFP’s , business proposals and presentations as needed
· Attend trade shows and other networking events, leverage business relationships to identify new revenue generating opportunities thereby growing client base and sales revenue
· Work with Operations Manager and Product Development in developing strategies to enter into new markets and/or industries, developing proposals/sales pitches as required
· Network with industry contacts and keys stakeholders to stay current on the needs of the welding and joining industry, ensuring new business opportunities are quickly identified and action plans put in place to address the needs of the industry
· When appropriate, work with the Manager, Corporate Sales in executing on new business opportunities and/or closing sales for that region
· Grow the client base through the systematic solicitation, qualification, quotation and contracting process.
· Investigate and pursue all opportunities to expand the services and programs offered to current client base
· Identify potential new clients within existing markets, develop strategies to win their business, develop sales pitches accordingly
· Negotiate contracts and rates with existing and new clients
· Respond to client inquiries, request for quotes or RFP’s
· Contact clients who indicate they do not want to continue to use our services, develop strategies to retain their business
· Follow up with clients on the delivery of services and programs to ensure client satisfaction
· Conduct presentations, seminars and attend trade shows
Participate in monthly regional employee meetings, providing tips to certification reps on how to promote product and service offering to their current client base
Mentor reps who have difficulty meeting revenue targets
Ensure certification reps are trained on any new products and service offerings and how to communicate the value of these new products and services to current client base
Skills and Qualifications:
· Must have post-secondary education with emphasis in Business and Sales
· Knowledge of Welding certification standards or related fields and ISO Quality standards preferred
· 5 years of sales experience within a service industry is an asset
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact with people at all levels within the organization
· Experienced in responding to RFP’s and developing proposals
· Experienced in setting annual sales metrics and targets
· Experienced in utilizing CRM to run reports to analyze the business and identify opportunities for new or expanded revenue growth, ability to develop sales strategies in response to this data
· Strong presentation and analytical skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to work with minimal amount of supervision.
· Bilingualism in English & French as asset
· Willingness to travel in designated territory, your own vehicle and a valid driver’s license is necessary.
If you feel that you are qualified, please send your resume quoting job #37438