Badger Daylighting Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Most enjoyable place to work
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 13, 2016
Typical day at work was always busy and an awesome environment to be part of. Learnt many skills while I moved up. Skilled and understanding managers and co-workers.
i would never work for a corporate company again
Swamper/Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCApril 5, 2016
This job provide high wages with no sustainability and poor filed management. It is a publicly traded company that cares very little for the people and much more for the dollar.
Pros
high wages
Cons
little care or respect for employiees
hydrovac
OWNER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SKMarch 22, 2016
every young boys dream to play in the mud all day and getting paid for it doesn't get much better than that. I was an owner operator which means i didn't report to too many people
Bad enviroment
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 4, 2016
It's not "what you know", it's whose butt you're willing to kiss.

Most people are good to work with, except those who will back stab you in a nanosecond to curry favors with the Finance Manager.
Pros
Most co-workers
Cons
Finance Manager is a drama queen and instigator of the bad environment.
very safe to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJanuary 26, 2016
we start on time and my co-worker they treat me good and its very safe to work and i learn a lot of new techniques,how to use the tools and cranes.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no under time
unprofessional and hostile work place
operator (Former Employee) –  reginaAugust 13, 2015
Basically no management horrible dispatch operators are a bunch of school children with attitudes completely horrible place to work
Pros
Cons
they dont care, just a revolving door of employees
Hard work
Swamper and Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 11, 2015
With hydro vacing you are always dirty and making mud holes the company is good to work for but you work away from home and lived out of a suite case some times with is hard on a family.
Pros
good pay
Politics
Operator (Former Employee) –  edmontonMay 21, 2015
Got low balled in the door, thought I'll prove my self and get more ha ha ha ya I know. Had some good swampers and some not so good. They think their trucks are the best in the market, I've run my share and they have nothing to brag about who puts a 100+lb filter that has to be cleaned regularly 7 feet off the ground, and hard wires the cabinet heater switch to the battery so you have to remember to turn it on off every time (not to bad once you get used to it, or learn the hard way). 15 year veteran raising his voice and talking belligerent to a 5 year operator because he didn't understand what the customer asked me, then bad mouths me to my manager who then berates me. Couple tough customers, I did every thing by the book, even advised my manager and dispatch of the situation, but the customer is unhappy with the cost of the job and complains, IT WAS BLASTING SAND, I had to clean the filter once an hour nothing I could do about it, so do you think my manager says ok I understand? 3 customers like that in a row, ya one of them I did forget to wash the little bit of mud off the temp power shack the after 7th time the electrisan said we were done then changed his mind, and then gets mad because of the bill. The real kicker $6800 gross in 3 months really what did they think would happen.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
too much free time
Hydrovac Swamper / Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayFebruary 10, 2015
Good Company, Hours aren't steady so it's a good company for someone who has another job on the side or a spouse with a job to hold down the fort.
poorly maintained equipment, poor management.
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Trucks constantly break down, there is only one overworked mechanic. There is no communication in the office between the foreman, dispatch, and manager. Lots of favouritism and "seniority rules" throughout the shop, its like highschool. Not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
busy
Cons
people
Good work environment
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 10, 2015
It was a good place to work, got along with co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is being on stand-by.
Pros
good pay
Cons
being on stand-by
Always worried if bills are going to be paid! No work!!
operator(driver) (Current Employee) –  oshawaNovember 4, 2014
Cant keep you busy, no work but will be continually hiring new employees while you sit at home.
Cons
no hours, immature management that shouldn't be in their position
lethbridge badger - terrible place to work.
hydroslacker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 10, 2014
- management is lazy and unethical; spends more time fixing up personal vehicle, rather than drumming up business. Uses corporate account to fuel up personal vehicle.
- unless waterton shell has hydrovac projects on the go, you will only work a couple days a week. Badger really doesnt need a shop in lethbridge; nobody in town uses them!
Cons
too many to list
Was very unhappy there. Lack of confidentiality in all matters. Had a feeling boss was discussing my shortcomings with other employees behind my back
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2014
Very new employee unfriendly company. Cannot say more for fear of victimization.
messy dirty job
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABFebruary 4, 2014
get in truck go to work get completely muddy all day come back to shop clean truck fill tank back up with water go home, repeat next day
Pros
get paid fro driving hours
Cons
get sprayed in face all day with mud/contaminated soil
Special events such as BBQ's create a well balanced atmosphere
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 15, 2013
Never a dull moment with balancing a days work. Most rewarding times are developing relationships with clients, collection companies and lawyers.
Pros
casual dress atmosphere
Cons
management hiring friends and relatives
fun enviroment
Driver/Swamper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 16, 2013
wait for a shift call hardest thing not always work for days on co workers awesome bunch most enjoyable part was seeing different sites
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
to much time off
Standard Hydrovac Company
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto,OnApril 24, 2013
Start times depended on jobs that had been booked, often with different customers everyday. Learned to work closely with customers as we would spend all day with them on site.
Cons
inconsistant hours