Badger Daylighting Employee Reviews

Hydrovac
Hydrovac Swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2017
The company is good to work for if you like to work any time of day and are able to work more then 8 hours a day. The company treats you like a person not a number.
badger daylighting
Industial Hyrodrovac Operator (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC12 February 2017
Badger Daylighting is new to Vancouver Island. I have worked for them for 5 months. At first my hours came regularly while i was still training.Now my hours barley reach 40 hrs a week. The work is mostly out side and mostly un supervised.Most days are short in durration with a few trips out of town
Pros
work out side work unsuppervised lots of variety
Cons
no regular hours must wait for jobs
Not a stable company
Operator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Millgrove, ON/ Burlington7 January 2017
Most of the employees are great. And everyone gets along. The work isn't very steady. The winter is even worse and the refuse to lay you off and expect you to survive on 15 hours a week or quit. There is this one boss Chad who only has a grade 6 education and has the dumbest lisp ever. He walks around calling everyone a penith alkaline day.The regional manager Blair sounds like a tele tubby and got his job by accident. Has no clue what he's doing and has never worked on a hydrovac truck before.
Pros
Employees are cool
Cons
Bosses are retards
badger vancouver
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
bad place to work, say that they have lots of work not true sat at home more than worked they promis the world (just lip service)
dispatch sucks manager is a real dummy
Depends on the Location
Swamper/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Canada27 October 2016
It all depends on the location you work at. Some have amazing management, great hours, and high wages. Other locations sit you, under pay you, and management speaks poorly about employees.

All depends on the location you work at.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Low Wages out East
great place to work
Swamper (Current Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB22 September 2016
go to work write the field level risk assesment,spot the truck. rig up/and start the job. could just be a site hole/slot trench.just do what the boss wants. then dump and clean the debris tank
Pros
good pay
Cons
18 hours away from home
Awful place to work
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 September 2016
This was a terrible place to work. Tons of office politics, back stabbing, and broken promises. They did not seem willing to work with employee or provide all the training that was needed and promised. On paper it sounds like a great company but in practice not really. they have a high employee turn over. I gave my blood, sweat, and tears to that place and in the end they treated me poorly
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor managment
Good
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 September 2016
I worked for Badger Daylighting and liked it. The equipment was good, the pay was good and we always got to travel. I enjoyed working with the team I was with. I recommend this company for anyone looking for something exciting.
good hours and lots of work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 July 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with inclement weather. And the best part of working here was working outside.There is excellent safety training and co workers are great to work with.
Pros
good wages good hours
Cons
loud and dirty
My Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 April 2016
Badger is fun to work at, there are some great people. I have no bad comments to say about them. I enjoyed myself while working on the trucks, but no so much in the office.
Most enjoyable place to work
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 April 2016
Typical day at work was always busy and an awesome environment to be part of. Learnt many skills while I moved up. Skilled and understanding managers and co-workers.
i would never work for a corporate company again
Swamper/Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 April 2016
This job provide high wages with no sustainability and poor filed management. It is a publicly traded company that cares very little for the people and much more for the dollar.
Pros
high wages
Cons
little care or respect for employiees
hydrovac
OWNER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK22 March 2016
every young boys dream to play in the mud all day and getting paid for it doesn't get much better than that. I was an owner operator which means i didn't report to too many people
Bad enviroment
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 February 2016
It's not "what you know", it's whose butt you're willing to kiss.

Most people are good to work with, except those who will back stab you in a nanosecond to curry favors with the Finance Manager.
Pros
Most co-workers
Cons
Finance Manager is a drama queen and instigator of the bad environment.
very safe to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 January 2016
we start on time and my co-worker they treat me good and its very safe to work and i learn a lot of new techniques,how to use the tools and cranes.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no under time
unprofessional and hostile work place
operator (Former Employee) –  regina13 August 2015
Basically no management horrible dispatch operators are a bunch of school children with attitudes completely horrible place to work
Pros
Cons
they dont care, just a revolving door of employees
Hard work
Swamper and Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 August 2015
With hydro vacing you are always dirty and making mud holes the company is good to work for but you work away from home and lived out of a suite case some times with is hard on a family.
Pros
good pay
Politics
Operator (Former Employee) –  edmonton21 May 2015
Got low balled in the door, thought I'll prove my self and get more ha ha ha ya I know. Had some good swampers and some not so good. They think their trucks are the best in the market, I've run my share and they have nothing to brag about who puts a 100+lb filter that has to be cleaned regularly 7 feet off the ground, and hard wires the cabinet heater switch to the battery so you have to remember to turn it on off every time (not to bad once you get used to it, or learn the hard way). 15 year veteran raising his voice and talking belligerent to a 5 year operator because he didn't understand what the customer asked me, then bad mouths me to my manager who then berates me. Couple tough customers, I did every thing by the book, even advised my manager and dispatch of the situation, but the customer is unhappy with the cost of the job and complains, IT WAS BLASTING SAND, I had to clean the filter once an hour nothing I could do about it, so do you think my manager says ok I understand? 3 customers like that in a row, ya one of them I did forget to wash the little bit of mud off the temp power shack the after 7th time the electrisan said we were done then changed his mind, and then gets mad because of the bill. The real kicker $6800 gross in 3 months really what did they think would happen.
Pros
lots of free time
Cons
too much free time
Hydrovac Swamper / Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray10 February 2015
Good Company, Hours aren't steady so it's a good company for someone who has another job on the side or a spouse with a job to hold down the fort.
poorly maintained equipment, poor management.
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2015
Trucks constantly break down, there is only one overworked mechanic. There is no communication in the office between the foreman, dispatch, and manager. Lots of favouritism and "seniority rules" throughout the shop, its like highschool. Not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
busy
Cons
people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Badger Daylighting. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8