Badger Daylighting Employee Reviews

Cheap
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 September 2017
Badger in general are cheap. The managers only care about their pockets. All the managers like to micromanage and save every buck they can. They talk a good game but can't fulfill the commitments. Badger has poor morale.
They do have great benefits and an RSP plan. But that's all they have. VERY high turnaround of staff.
Pros
benefits and RSP plan
Cons
managers are cheap and will do anything to cut the persons throat.
operator
Hydrovac Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2017
most thankless company I have worked for in quite a while, hours fluctuate immensely and most area managers are happier to appease their boss than try and have a productive workplace, moral is normally very low
Red deer shop very unorganized poor communication run down equipment
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 August 2017
I've worked for badger in other locations and they were excellent to work for... red deer badger is the worst experience ever....the dispatcher for red deer would only book you one job that maybe last three hours and that's it if he would book us up more to take care of the customer sooner maybe they would be more busy also he never answers his phone I can only imagine how many clients we have lost because of this ...no wonder why badger red deer is doing so poorly ......also the maintenance on the units are almost never taken care of unless you.do it your self at minium wage don't get me wrong I love badger and working for them just not red deer.....and until management changes this it will continue to fail...i don't see anyone working there for very long I mean half the badger shop is dedicated to his own personal vehicle repair ....very unprofessional!
You would think management would realize there is a problem and maybe it's not the operators!!!
Pros
Lots of time off short shifts
Cons
Broken trucks...poor communication.....high turn over
Horrible place to work!! Trust me stay away!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 July 2017
Everything that constitutes wrong and politically incorrect is happening here. Upper management lie over and over again to employees and customers. There are so many grievances in at the moment with this company as well as Administrative staff who were wrongfully dismissed are suing. if you have shares in this company cash them in. This company is going down and as far as I am concerned all upper management deserves to get fired!! Horrible people I honestly can not stress enough how poisonous this place is. Glad I am gone!
Pros
non
great money
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
was a good place to work and it was nice not working in a shop got to travel around calgary lots and meet some interesting people lots of experience in the underground area
Hydrovac
Hydrovac Swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2017
The company is good to work for if you like to work any time of day and are able to work more then 8 hours a day. The company treats you like a person not a number.
badger daylighting
Industial Hyrodrovac Operator (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC12 February 2017
Badger Daylighting is new to Vancouver Island. I have worked for them for 5 months. At first my hours came regularly while i was still training.Now my hours barley reach 40 hrs a week. The work is mostly out side and mostly un supervised.Most days are short in durration with a few trips out of town
Pros
work out side work unsuppervised lots of variety
Cons
no regular hours must wait for jobs
badger vancouver
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 December 2016
bad place to work, say that they have lots of work not true sat at home more than worked they promis the world (just lip service)
dispatch sucks manager is a real dummy
Depends on the Location
Swamper/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Canada27 October 2016
It all depends on the location you work at. Some have amazing management, great hours, and high wages. Other locations sit you, under pay you, and management speaks poorly about employees.

All depends on the location you work at.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Low Wages out East
great place to work
Swamper (Current Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB22 September 2016
go to work write the field level risk assesment,spot the truck. rig up/and start the job. could just be a site hole/slot trench.just do what the boss wants. then dump and clean the debris tank
Pros
good pay
Cons
18 hours away from home
Awful place to work
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 September 2016
This was a terrible place to work. Tons of office politics, back stabbing, and broken promises. They did not seem willing to work with employee or provide all the training that was needed and promised. On paper it sounds like a great company but in practice not really. they have a high employee turn over. I gave my blood, sweat, and tears to that place and in the end they treated me poorly
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor managment
Good
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 September 2016
I worked for Badger Daylighting and liked it. The equipment was good, the pay was good and we always got to travel. I enjoyed working with the team I was with. I recommend this company for anyone looking for something exciting.
good hours and lots of work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 July 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with inclement weather. And the best part of working here was working outside.There is excellent safety training and co workers are great to work with.
Pros
good wages good hours
Cons
loud and dirty
My Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 April 2016
Badger is fun to work at, there are some great people. I have no bad comments to say about them. I enjoyed myself while working on the trucks, but no so much in the office.
Most enjoyable place to work
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 April 2016
Typical day at work was always busy and an awesome environment to be part of. Learnt many skills while I moved up. Skilled and understanding managers and co-workers.
i would never work for a corporate company again
Swamper/Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 April 2016
This job provide high wages with no sustainability and poor filed management. It is a publicly traded company that cares very little for the people and much more for the dollar.
Pros
high wages
Cons
little care or respect for employiees
hydrovac
OWNER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK22 March 2016
every young boys dream to play in the mud all day and getting paid for it doesn't get much better than that. I was an owner operator which means i didn't report to too many people
Bad enviroment
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 February 2016
It's not "what you know", it's whose butt you're willing to kiss.

Most people are good to work with, except those who will back stab you in a nanosecond to curry favors with the Finance Manager.
Pros
Most co-workers
Cons
Finance Manager is a drama queen and instigator of the bad environment.
very safe to work
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 January 2016
we start on time and my co-worker they treat me good and its very safe to work and i learn a lot of new techniques,how to use the tools and cranes.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no under time
unprofessional and hostile work place
operator (Former Employee) –  regina13 August 2015
Basically no management horrible dispatch operators are a bunch of school children with attitudes completely horrible place to work
Pros
Cons
they dont care, just a revolving door of employees