We are a Canadian, growing company and have been running strong since the 1981. We are all about taking care of our workers, have many team initiatives, and a supportive culture. So much so, we even have a 2 hole golf course on the back of our property for the team to enjoy!
We are in growth mode, and excited to hire for this important and critical role. Our industry is designing and manufacturing of conveyor pulleys for infinite life.
To be considered, you will be bringing:
Manual Machinist experience
Education reflecting why you are ready
Machinist Trade Qualification
Desire to work with a growing and local company
Why work here?
Amazing environment to work, focused on morale and supportive culture
Industry leading benefits package
Employee of the Year awards
Here is the official job description for your review:
Machines heavy duty parts and manufactures custom components to fine tolerances using lathes, vertical and horizontal mills and other heavy equipment.
- Reads Work Order for product specifications, such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions, such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, boring machines, and grinders, to machine metallic components according to specifications, tooling instructions, standard charts and knowledge of machining methods.
- Verifies conformance of machined components to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- May confer with others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- May assist in assembling large shafts and bearings as well as disassembly and re-assembly for service work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with limited direction
- Strong work ethic; is action oriented and task-focused
- Reliable; follows through on commitments including attending work on a timely and consistent basis
- Positive attitude; resilient when facing challenge and frustrations
Location: Surrey / Langley
Compensation: TBD based on experience + benefits + paid vacation