Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of Windows and web applications. This will involve implementing new features, as well as fixing any defects found within the software.
Position is based in Ottawa. No agencies please.
Working with customers, where required, to solve issues with application functionality. Assist users in the creation of valid templates based on specific user requirements.
Working with the testing team to provide details on new or altered functionality to assist with testing and test case creation.
Working with the sales team to provide product demonstrations and training sessions. Assisting sales team with any technical questions related to the products. Providing prospects with the necessary details, software and keys to enable an evaluation of the software products.
- Prepare functional and technical specifications for new features. Perform research of new technologies, new features as well as finding solutions to problems.
- Code new features or fixes to the Quadrate products utilizing test driven development methodologies. Create and maintain product documentation (help files, installation guides, code comments, user guides).
- Conduct on-site and online product demonstrations and training sessions. Provide sales and marketing team with any technical details or documentation where required.
- Support customers with application issues. Assist users with difficulties in creating upload/download template creation for use within the products.
- Provide assistance to testing team, where necessary, to aid in testing and test case creation
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (or sufficient experience in the field)
- Minimum of 4 years .NET C# development experience. Experience with Object-oriented design and development
- Experience using NUnit for unit test creation
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (Basic database administration as well as TSQL, views and stored procedures)
- Experience using SVN or similar source control system
- Experience in database design
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, remain flexible and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate with people at all levels, strong interpersonal skills and superior organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills required
- Must be able to track and report progress on a weekly
- Experience solving problems to develop recommendations for business solutions or technical applications
- Must be able to function as the technical lead on smaller projects
- Assist junior developers with documentation and code creation
- Experience working in small teams utilizing Agile development methodologies
- Able to work with very little supervision
- Detail-oriented work mentality