Babcock International Group PLC Employee Reviews

General overview
Over educated loyal employee (Former Employee) –  PlymouthAugust 23, 2015
Ok if you are taken on as an apprentice . You get help when you want to go on secondment in other departments but if you get stressed then you don’t get support from your managers, they are not equip and educated in dealing with issues like mental health can make your life a misery. Managers can stump your growth when you go for promotion.
Interesting role
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  London UKNovember 21, 2014
New people, new projects, different industry, great atmosphere
Pros
free drinks
Babcock
Interim Head of Design (Current Employee) –  LondonJuly 28, 2014
Babcock Power design is a great place to work. Staff are all friendly and environment is very pleasant with good facilities.
ready, aim, fire
Close Range Weapons Instructor (Current Employee) –  FarehamMarch 28, 2013
Typical day at work for me consists of mustering my students in a morning, Teaching them all I need to that day and make sure they practice what they have been taught, until assessment day at the end of the week. From this job I have learned and improved my teaching and coaching skills. Our management is ok, although sometimes there is a lot of mixed messages going out due to lack of communication. My co-workers are all great to get on with and I see people everyday whom I have never met before. The hardest part of the job I would say is the when the load is very heavy and busy and we are short staffed but we always get through it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people every week and getting all of those people to a high passing standard in time for their assessment. I enjoy seeing them pass their assessment and it gives me great satisfaction that they have passed because of my teaching skills.
Pros
easier routines
Cons
a military environment means you must keep your military bearings.