Zone Project Leader - Victoria
Babcock Canada Inc.
Babcock Canada Inc. is a Canadian ISO 9001 registered company employing around 200 personnel at three locations (Halifax, Ottawa and Victoria). Our parent company, Babcock International Group PLC, provides significant reachback capabilities in the Naval, Nuclear, Training, and Defence Communication fields. We are currently under contract with Canada for the Victoria class submarine In-Service Support Contract (VISSC). As such we provide a wide range of services including programme and Project Management, Materiel & Logistic Support, Systems Engineering, Configuration Management & Records Support, Maintenance & Extended Docking Work Period Support, and Information & Knowledge Management. Our line of business is unique to Canada and we will continue to offer the opportunity for Canadians to develop and retain these highly specialized skills.
We are currently recruiting a Zone Project Leader based in Victoria, BC. The successful candidate will report to the EDWP Project Manager.
The principal tasks and responsibilities entail:
- Develop and manage the EDWP zone schedule within the L2 requirements.
- Provide support to the level 2 programme interfacing with both production and commissioning organisations in the development of detailed level 3 schedules as required.
- Preparation and production of reports, both internal and external for systems/areas allocated.
- Maintain accurate metrics to manage both project and production performance throughout the EDWP.
- Maintain close client relations, providing technical and management support in the resolution of key issues in order that amicable understandings of the client’s requirements are achieved.
- Maintain a clear understand of the original PMRS, amendments and changes within the zone.
- Maintain close interface regimes with production and support groups (Technical, Supply Chain & Change) ensuring their schedules and priorities meet the requirements of the project.
- Maintain close interface regimes with DND, OSMT, ensuring support requirements are communicated in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all working practices is maintained at all times within the project, paying particular attention to corporate procedures, safety standards, and local project specific procedures as necessary.
- Provide the technical interface for all matters within the zone, interfacing with other zones as required.
- Ensure all Quality and Health & Safety standards are maintained and communicate Health and Safety issues as required.
- Represent Babcock at external and internal meetings.
- Attend/Chair meetings on behalf of the Project Manager or Planning & Controls Manager.
- Ensure LfE is collated and recorded in the management system.
- Ensure zone risks are captured and appropriate management action is taken against mitigations.
The job qualifications and requirements include:
- 10 years proven record of planning and project management of submarine maintenance
- 10 years of managing Design Authority requirements for Submarine upkeep
- Marine Engineering background specifically submarine
- Project Management experience
- Degree qualified or other engineering qualification if supported by suitable experience
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than 01 April 2013 by applying online at www.babcockinternational.com.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Babcock Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Babcock Canada Inc. is a Canadian ISO 9001 & 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registered company employing approximately 200 personnel at three...