Babcock Canada Inc. is a Canadian ISO 9001 & 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registered company employing approximately 200 personnel at three locations (Halifax, Ottawa and Victoria). Our parent company, Babcock International Group PLC, provides significant reachback capabilities in the Naval, Nuclear, Training, and Defence Communication fields. We are currently under contract with Canada for the Victoria class submarine In-Service Support Contract (VISSC). As such we provide a wide range of services including program and Project Management, Materiel & Logistic Support, Systems Engineering, Configuration Management & Records Support, Maintenance & Extended Docking Work Period Support, and Information & Knowledge Management. Our line of business is unique to Canada and we will continue to offer the opportunity for Canadians to develop and retain these highly specialized skills.
We are currently recruiting for a Scheduling Manager based in Victoria, BC. This is a full-time permanent position. The successful candidate will report directly to the PMO Manager.
The principal tasks and responsibilities entail:
- Manage and lead the Scheduling Team in support of all BCI Projects on the West Coast, in line with PMI standards.
- Lead the development of baseline schedules.
- Lead the development of detailed activity lists with level of effort assessment.
- Prepare short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all Stakeholders and Project Team members.
- Oversee schedules and key events during the project lifecycle to protect the critical path.
- Review sub-critical activities and make recommendations
- Oversee the gathering of actual data, update project schedule and develop reliable schedule forecasts.
- Monitor risk management plans and Impact assesses changes in work scope against the overall project plan.
- Evaluate and analyse with the Risk Manager, risks and issues that will potentially compromise project results and develop plans to mitigate them.
- Provide warnings of potential serious deviations hindering project results.
- Ensure suitable communications are established to convey project data and information to all members of the Project Team.
- Prepare and present regular internal and external project reports for Management and Stakeholders.
- Negotiate programme durations for review with the Project Manager and Stakeholders.
- Manage the EVM Process and Procedure while providing Management with comprehensive detailed reports.
- Make sound recommendations to the Project Manager based on analysis of all information.
The job qualifications and requirements include:
- 10+ years of experience leading and managing personnel under their direct supervision, ability to adapt to the changing business, ability to provide leadership, knowledge and training to personnel under their management.
- 7+ years of experience in management of schedules for multi-disciplined projects, including earned value management, critical path analysis and schedules.
- In depth experienced in Microsoft Project and PrimaveraP6. Knowledge of Crystal Reports, Qlikview and Primavera Risk Analysis.
- Must be eligible for a NATO Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to communicate proficiently at all levels.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than 14 March 2014 by applying online at www.babcockinternational.com.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Babcock Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity.