Babcock Canada Inc. is a Canadian ISO 9001 & 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registered company employing around 200 personnel at three locations (Halifax, Ottawa and Victoria). Our parent company, Babcock International Group PLC, provides significant reachback capabilities in the Naval, Nuclear, Training, and Defence Communication fields. We are currently under contract with Canada for the Victoria class submarine In-Service Support Contract (VISSC). As such we provide a wide range of services including programme and Project Management, Materiel & Logistic Support, Systems Engineering, Configuration Management & Records Support, Maintenance & Extended Docking Work Period Support, and Information & Knowledge Management. Our line of business is unique to Canada and we will continue to offer the opportunity for Canadians to develop and retain these highly specialized skills.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Marine Section Head on a permanent basis based in Ottawa, ON. You will be working in a fast paced environment to support the Patform Systems Team. You will report to the Platform Systems Manager.
The principal tasks and responsibilities entail:
- The conduct of Systems Integration and Systems Engineering activities in accordance with the VISSC Performance Work Statement Requirements for Marine Systems.
- The development of Marine Systems Engineering Changes in accordance with the VISSC Performance Work Statement Requirements as assigned by the Manager.
- To liaise with the customer to ensure that the above tasks meet with their requirements.
- To manage the raising, processing and completion of Technical Assistance and Support by the Marine Systems section to support the above activities.
- To manage the raising, processing and completion of Technical Investigations and Engineering Services by the Marine Systems section to support the above activities.
- To liaise with the EDWP Project Marine team to ensure consistent approach to Marine Systems considerations and to advise the Manager on any noted inconsistencies or anomalies.
- To mentor members of the Marine Systems Section to ensure they perform to their full potential and to mentor the Platform Systems Group on Marine Systems design and operational considerations. More specific mentoring requirements may be assigned by the Manager.
- Manage the Marine Systems Section in the Systems Engineering Department.
- Deputize for/assist the Platform Systems Manager.
The job qualifications and requirements include:
- Bachelour of Engineering or equivalent degree
- 10 years experience of Marine Systems preferably on submarines
- Professional Engineer or equivalent professional recognition from a foreign engineering institute for Marine Systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Skills and experience with MS Office products preferably to the intermediate level
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than 4:00pm EST 27 June 2013, quoting the job title, by online at http://www.babcockinternational.com/.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Babcock Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity.