Position and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Process Engineering Coordinator, the successful candidate will join a dedicated team of engineers and technical staff located in Port Hope.
As a member of the Process Engineering team, you will be working in collaboration with Operations, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Engineering. The successful candidate will provide key technical support on shift; to analyze mechanical and electromechanical equipment problems and provide timely resolutions , and will plan, co-ordinate, implement and document projects to improve productivity and reliability of processes. This position will require shift work, and may include weekends.
This position is located in Port Hope.
Education and Qualifications
- Mechanical or Electromechanical Technologist (or equivalent)
- 2-5 years related work experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with machine control systems (AB, Control Logix, PLC 5) and automation/robotics
- Hands on mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in Statistical Process Control (SPC) and data analysis
- Superior people and problem solving skills
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- SPC and data analysis
- Familiarity with SAP within TPM system
- Knowledge and practical experience with Lean Manufacturing