Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield Residential, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success.
As one of Canada’s Top 50 employers, you will be a part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel and provide an exceptional experience both internally and externally. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join our team. Headquartered in SW Calgary in the convenient Currie Barracks area, our values of “Passion, Integrity and Community” defines both who we are as a company and why you’d want to work at Brookfield Residential. We employ some of the most skilled and versatile people in our industry, who consistently deliver solutions for our clients, both external and internal.
Brookfield Residential is a well-known and respected land developer in Western Canada with affiliated operations in Ontario and the United States; specializing in the development of Master-Planned residential communities, residential home building, and commercial development.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Generalist for our Edmonton Office. This exciting opportunity requires a results oriented, career professional, who thrives on building relationships and accepting new challenges. Visit our website at www.brookfieldrp.com to learn more about our communities, history, values and our career opportunities.
You will be working collaboratively with our team of human resources professionals, while reporting to the Human Resources Manager at Brookfield Residential’ s office in Edmonton, Alberta. You will be an integral member of our Human Resources team and your expertise will be utilized in supporting our business units and establishing long term partnerships with employees and management with the end goal of being a true business partner.
This position will offer the right individual variety in their daily activities and the opportunity to lead, sustain, develop and evolve core activities in recruitment and onboarding, learning and career development, employee relations, retention and compensation.
To engage as a business partner with the local divisions to:
- Develop HR solutions by collecting and analyzing information on trends and recommend action to meet or exceed client group expectations.
- Execute full cycle recruitment activities, providing expertise on sourcing, interviewing, employment checks, testing, offers and onboarding.
- Collaborate and coach managers and employees to effectively handle performance management and employee relations issues.
- Assist with Performance Reviews, Succession Planning, and other HR development processes.
- Travel to local field sites to enhance relationships and support levels.
- Provide input and expertise in regards to training and development, benefits and compensation programs, employee engagement, policies, and procedures.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- HRIS data input of new hire information and compensation changes for client portfolio.
- Training and facilitation support on new and existing Human Resources initiatives.
- Monitoring and coordination of Disability Management and other employee leaves.
Qualifications & Requirements
- An undergraduate business degree with a major in Human Resources preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- RPR designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive generalist experience. 5 years at the Advisor level would be preferred.
- Strong business and management background is an asset.
- You have corporate HR experience in a team environment.
- You are a compelling communicator, comfortable and credible at all levels with effective one on one communication, facilitation, public speaking and presentations.
- You are passionate about recruiting great talent and are knowledgeable about both proven and new recruitment strategies.
- Your integrity and excellent relationship building skills allow you to build collaborative and open working relationships.
- You take initiative to execute projects and identify opportunities to improve.
- You provide an exceptional experience to all of your customers, internally and externally.
Career Highlights – Build your Career!
Brookfield Residential offers a value driven culture, flexible working environment, meaningful work activities and learning and development opportunities. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a tuition assistance program.
Brookfield is passionate about recruiting qualified individuals who are career driven. If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to:
Human Resources, Brookfield Residential
#204, 4212 Gateway Boulevard
Edmonton, Alberta T3E 6L1