Job Category: Accounting/Reconcilation/Inventory
Open To: Internal and External Applicants
Location: Head Office
City: Edmonton, AB
# of openings: 1
Position Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per day: 7.5
Work Schedule: 75.0 hours bi-weekly, 7.5 hours per day
Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Posting Dates: This posting will remain open until a successful candidate is selected
Bri-Chem Corp. is a publicly traded industry leader in wholesale distribution of industrial drilling fluids, steel products and services to the resource, industrial and construction industries in North America. We provide drilling fluids, production chemicals, steel tubular, casing and fittings and flanges with a focus on contributing to the success of our customers by combining the expertise and economical, reliable products with the latest in information technology.
The Inventory Accounting Assistant for Bri-Chem Supply Ltd. reports to the Controller. The Inventory Accounting Assistant is responsible for receiving product and inventory receipts, ensuring the inventory system is current and reconciling inventory accounts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Print out tickets for the daily receipt of products from each warehouse;
- Receive the products in the system to keep the inventory system current;
- Monthly inventory reconciliation of each warehouse;
- Reconciliation of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable for intercompany transactions between Bri-Chem Supply and Sodium Solutions;
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of inventory quantity and cost for each location in the system;
- Liaise with warehouse quantity discrepancies;
- Calculates cost and posts inventory adjustments;
- Assist with the payables function of other Bri-Chem Companies
- General office duties including phones, filing, photocopying, printing documents, and other tasks that may be asked from time to time.
- High School Diploma;
- Great attention to detail;
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures;
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications;
- Proficient in data entry and management;
- 2-3 years accounts payable and general accounting experience.
WHY JOIN THE BRI-STEEL TEAM?
A career at Bri-Steel is an opportunity to work for one of the top 50 best managed companies in Canada. It’s contributing to a team that values diversity, professional development and integrity in our employees. It’s working towards a common goal: creating long-term value for shareholders in a way we can all be proud of.
We are committed to providing exciting, challenging, and rewarding work opportunities, backed by a People Strategy that recognizes partnership between employees and us. When you join Bri-Steel, you’re signing on with a company that has built a solid foundation for both business and employee success. As our business evolves so does our employment opportunities. As one of Canada's industry leader in wholesale distribution of drilling fluid chemicals and additives, as well as steel products and services to the resource, industrial and construction industries in North America, Bri-Steel is proud of their employees, diversity and commitment to social responsibility.
Bri-Steel invests in their employees and provides them with the challenges and opportunities necessary to grow and succeed. Bri-Steel offers a competitive compensation package, career options and advancement on its numerous projects.
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that is benchmarked each year against our peers in the industry to ensure our pay and benefits programs are competitive. Our expectations for our people are high, and so are our rewards:
- a base salary that is reviewed annually;
- competitive and flexible vacation schedule;
- company-contributed retirement plan (Canada) or retirement plan contributions (U.S.)
- medical, dental as well as life, long-term disability benefits and other insurance coverage you can customize to meet your personal needs - our programs also include wellness, and employee and family assistance programs;
- employee and professional leadership development opportunities that includes workshops and programs to provide learning opportunities that enhance your leadership and business skills;
- educational assistance - we pay for relevant and approved business-related education and dues or membership fees to professional associations, with supervisory approval.