Bri-Chem Supply Ltd. has been a wholesale supplier of drilling fluid chemicals and additives for 25 years. We provide over 150 domestic and foreign drilling fluid and production chemicals at competitive prices to customers throughout Alberta and British Columbia. Our emphasis and reason for success has always been our commitment to provide all of our customers with the highest level of service possible.
The Accounts Payable Administrator reports to the Controller. Accounts Payable is responsible for processing transactions, monitoring payments and expenditures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that finances are accurate and up to date, that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits. The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for providing financial and administration support to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Receive and verify all vendor invoices to purchase orders;
- Match all freight invoices to product purchase orders;
- Verify that transactions comply with financial and Company policies and procedures;
- Prepare invoices for accurate coding the general ledger and then proceed with data entry ;
- Arrange payment of all vendor invoices, including but not limited to: cheques, electronic funds transfer, online bill payments and wire payments;
- Coding, verification and posting of employee expense reports and receipts;
- Distribution of monthly Corporate MasterCard statements and following up on submissions;
- Maintain all vendor files including supporting documentation (invoice, payment advice), in accordance with Company policies and accepted accounting practices;
- Exporting EFT files and entering payments to on-line banking accounts including utilities and wire transfers;
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts and routine maintenance of accounts;
- Ensuring all vendor invoices are entered accurately and timely, following the Company’s month end timelines;
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries in a timely manner;
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments and reconciliations are up to date;
- Assist with the payables function of other Bri-Chem Companies
- General office duties including phones, filing, photocopying, printing documents and other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures;
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications;
- Proficient in data entry and management;
- 2-3 years accounts payable and general accounting experience;
- Previous experience in a fast paced, high growth environment would be an asset.
2125 - 64 AVENUE
WHY JOIN THE BRI-CHEM TEAM?
A career at Bri-Chem is an opportunity to work for one of the top 50 best managed companies in Canada. It’s contributing to a team that values diversity, professional development and integrity in our employees. It’s working towards a common goal: creating long-term value for shareholders in a way we can all be proud of.
We are committed to providing exciting, challenging, and rewarding work opportunities, backed by a People Strategy that recognizes partnership between employees and us. When you join Bri-Chem, you’re signing on with a company that has built a solid foundation for both business and employee success. As our business evolves so does our employment opportunities. As one of Canada's industry leader in wholesale distribution of drilling fluid chemicals and additives, as well as steel products and services to the resource, industrial and construction industries in North America, Bri-Chem is proud of their employees, diversity and commitment to social responsibility.
Bri-Chem invests in their employees and provides them with the challenges and opportunities necessary to grow and succeed. Bri-Chem offers a competitive compensation package, career options and advancement on its numerous projects.
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that is benchmarked each year against our peers in the industry to ensure our pay and benefits programs are competitive. Our expectations for our people are high, and so are our rewards:
- a base salary that is reviewed annually;
- competitive and flexible vacation schedule;
- company-contributed retirement plan (Canada) or retirement plan contributions (U.S.)
- medical, dental as well as life, long-term disability benefits and other insurance coverage you can customize to meet your personal needs - our programs also include wellness, and employee and family assistance programs;
- employee and professional leadership development opportunities that includes workshops and programs to provide learning opportunities that enhance your leadership and business skills;
- educational assistance - we pay for relevant and approved business-related education and dues or membership fees to professional associations, with supervisory approval.