Brevitas Consulting Inc. is dedicated to helping organizations achieve tangible results and lasting improvements via successful project delivery, continuous process improvement and effective management of change. We serve businesses in a wide range of industries including Pharmaceuticals, Food & Beverage, Chemicals, and Information Technology.
Currently we are looking for highly motivated and energetic individual to join our team as a Office/Project Assistant (CONTRACT position) in the Greater Toronto Area. This is a great opportunity to grow with us. Our employees thrive in a supportive and challenging work environment in which highly-skilled individuals work hard, respect one another and have fun. This role reports to the Director of Engineering in the client organization, providing a variety of administrative services to support training and technical support to the engineering department.
1. Provide scheduling and tracking support for training program
- Work with platform leads and team members to create training requirements
- Scheduling and coordinating technical training courses based on competency gaps identified and managing all coordination activities including the logistics of hosting the program
- Work with individuals in the team to develop their training plans and meet on a regular basis to track their development
- Administer Learning & Development logs
- Schedule dates for all future training sessions
- Help director in development of program budget and track program expenses
2. Provide project coordination support
- Prepare for and coordinate project team status meetings and facilitate working groups
- Support the project leader in project management activities as required.
- Create project status reports, tables, spreadsheets, logs, project plans, financials and presentations
3. Provide administration support
- Coordinate communication messages and information to managers and employees
- Prepare, letters and other correspondence, reports, presentations and spread sheets
- Previous experience (3 to 5 years) in an industrial environment, supporting a team of 20 engineers, technical resources for a department would be a considered a very strong asset in the selection process
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate ideas and actions to all levels of the organization
- Strong skills in organization, time management, work prioritization and attention to detail (This role requires a high level of professionalism and ethics as you will be dealing with sensitive information)
- Ability to work in fast paced, challenging environment obviously with strong coaching
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to modify approach to achieve project/program objectives
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Possessing professional image and positive attitude
- Be flexible to work on a wide variety of projects, tasks and assignments
- Strong computer skills including - Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Strong relationship-building ability, proactive, and resourceful
- Proactive and ability to work well with team and independently with minimal supervision
EDUCATION & TOOLS:
1. Business Administration Diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Commerce or Arts
2. High level of familiarity with MS Office package
E-mail your resume in MSWord format or pdf format to specified email address with following details in E-mail's subject line: Office/Project Administrator : FIRST NAME, LAST NAME
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will only contact the candidates whose qualifications match closely to the job requirements. This is a junior/intermediate role, please don't apply if experience is more than 6 years.
Please visit our company's website at www.brevitasconsulting.com