Brevitas Consulting Inc. is dedicated to helping organizations achieve tangible results and lasting improvements via successful project delivery, continuous process improvement and effective management of change. We serve businesses in a wide range of industries including Pharmaceuticals, Food & Beverage, Chemicals, and Information Technology.
Currently we are looking for highly motivated and energetic individual to join our team as a Junior Project Engineer with industrial automation experience (CONTRACT position) in the Greater Toronto Area. The main responsibility of this role is to provide engineering support to our clients in the pharmaceutical industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with us. Our employees thrive in a supportive and challenging work environment in which highly-skilled individuals work hard, respect one another and have fun. This role reports to the Engineering Manager in the client organization.
- Assist in the preparation of technical documents (e.g. URS, FRS, commissioning protocols, etc.) and installation and commissioning of the upgraded / new equipment or systems, especially for automation projects
- Provide engineering support to the Project Manager and team members in design development and sourcing of equipment and systems as required
- Participate in Team Meetings with the internal departments, vendors, contractors and internal customers throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop and track minutes of the meetings
- Participate in troubleshooting, field support efforts where necessary
- Responsible for working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures; properly uses personal protection and safety equipment as required by client organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Require a minimum of 2 years manufacturing industry experience (preferred industries in chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food, beverage, or oil/gas). Co-op experience will not be considered towards 2 years.
- Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, effective independent contributor, and work well in team setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal
- Must have strong safety ethic
- Must be able to perform this job safely and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and industry practices without endangering the health or safety of self or others
- Strong attention to documentation practices such as GMPs and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Flexible with the ability to adapt, respond quickly and manage change in a fast paced environment
- *Previous work experience in industrial automation (e.g. PLC programming) will be a strong asset*
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, Systems Design, Electrical or College Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Registered Engineer-In-Training (EIT) with PEO is an asset
E-mail your resume in MSWord or pdf format to the specified email with following details in the e-mail's subject line: Junior Engineer: FIRST NAME, LAST NAME
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will only contact the candidates whose qualifications match closely to the job requirements.
Please also visit our company website at www.brevitasconsulting.com
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard