Position Description – Sr. Data Architect
The incumbent is responsible to develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical data architecture. This individual will be responsible for the data assets as they flow from custom development, legacy or package applications or interfaces to downstream analytical and other business applications, thus ensuring standards, quality, consistency and security across the enterprise.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s strategic business plans.
- Develop a metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise information architecture artifacts.
- Lead the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to information use, security, access and governance.
- Maintain the business information model and data flow architecture.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to the Business and Systems Analysts and Operating Systems, Database and Application Administrators.
- Monitor regulatory, compliance and related guidelines, such as data retention and audit requirements to determine impact on enterprise information architecture.
- Oversee the mapping of enterprise information architecture models to package application models to determine impact or assess suitability of proposed new solutions.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the company’s existing data architecture and technology portfolio and document the data flow.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of IT initiatives and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, flexibility and stability.
- Review new and existing IT projects and system designs for compliance with data standards and enterprise information architectural plans.
- Effectively communicate with all levels within Client's and outside of the organization as needed.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 10-15 years of work experience in IT.
- 4-6 years of experience in designing and implementing data architecture platforms that enable well integrated transactional, collaborative and analytical systems.
- 2 years’ work experience in a Retail Systems environment.
- Experience in OLAP tools (Analysis Services, Cognos, SPSS, etc.).
- Experience in data architecture (Data Warehousing (Netezza), ODS, Data Marts, Staging).
- Experience in data modeling (Normalization, Star Schema).
- Strong knowledge of leading concepts in Data Quality, Master Data Management (Initiate from IBM), Data Governance and Data Stewardship.
- Must have completed several Business Intelligence projects.
- Experience with business requirements research and analysis.
- Proven experience in systems design and development.
- Proven project planning and management experience.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem solving abilities.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills.
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Knowledge of WebSphere, IBM Mainframe, Software AG Natural, Java, Windows, Linux operating systems, DB2, Oracle & SQL databases is preferred.
- Ability to conduct research on emerging technologies, standards, and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment, possessing a 360 degree view of technical problems and customers’ needs.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Reports to: Director, Enterprise Architecture
Location: Home Office, Saskatoon
Indeed - 23 months ago
The right people can be tough to find, unless you know where to look. If you are looking for talent, you can rest assured that you have...