Position DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
Department TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS UNIT
Location HOME OFFICE
Responsibilities Under the direction of the VP of Technology, defines the vision, strategy, and road map of Client's corporate information systems to enable and support Client's business vision and strategy. Develops and maintains the principles, standards, and governance of enterprise information management. In addition, the Director of Enterprise Architecture is responsible to provide technical leadership across the organization, and to lead the replacement of the existing legacy mainframe systems with integrated best-of-breed solutions that fulfill the organization’s strategy, commitments and goals.
1. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the company’s strategic business plans to ensure that recommendations and design of information systems are in line with Client’s short and long term goals.
2. Monitors regulatory, compliance, and related guidelines, such as data retention and audit requirements to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
3. Manages, guides, evaluates and controls the performance of the architects.
4. Review new and existing IT projects and system designs for compliance with data standards and enterprise information architectural plans.
5. Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of IT initiatives, and recommends integrated technologies that will increase cost effectiveness, flexibility and stability.
6. Provides architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to the Business and IT application, infrastructure and project management teams.
7. Engages with vendors to evaluate and recommend integrated technology solutions in collaboration with IT and Business.
8. Assists IT Management in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
9. Builds solid working relationships within IT (PMO, Applications, Infrastructure teams) and with all Client’s business units.
1. University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
2. Minimum 10-15 years work experience in IT, with 5-10 years experience leading enterprise data and system architectures.
3. Minimum 5 years of staff management responsibilities.
4. 2 years’ work experience in a Retail Systems environment.
5. Knowledge of WebSphere, IBM Mainframe, Java, Windows, AIX, Netezza, Informatica, JDA, Oracle & DB2 databases and Business Process Reengineering models is preferred.
6. Strong people leadership, coaching & mentoring skills.
7. Ability to foresee future needs & understand overall picture around business requests; identify & recommend optimal solutions.
8. Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
9. Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
10. Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
11. Capacity to meet deadlines.
12. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and TOGAF certification is preferred.
Reports To Vice-President, Technology