BP

BP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great company to work for.
Group Auditor, Home based. (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: many, positive culture is on top of the list.
Cons: not many.
My position travelled to international locations. All I saw was people and management who cared about people and the quality of job and products to be delivered.
Good working place
Store manager, BP (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 6, 2013
Pros: half price lunch, holiday package every year
Cons: long hours and sometime extra work from different branches
very fast retail working environment. I use to manage team of 10 at all time, which helped me gain people managing skills. As a manager some of my duties were to make sure we hit our daily and monthly KPI's. security and safety checks are done. managing daily cash from 10,000 to 15,000 pounds. the most enjoyable part of the job is managing staff of – more... 10 and most hardest part was dealing with huge chunks of cash. – less
Team Work and Good Learning Curve
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), CairoAugust 26, 2013
Pros: overtime hours are well compensated and team workas well as job rotation
Cons: continuous change to the organizational structure
My job is mainly about financial reporting to different stakeholders. In Egypt, where we operate in a PSA enviroment, we have to report our financial figures to different entities. Government where we apply the cash basis accounting. UK where we apply UK GAAP, group reporting where we apply IFRS and US where we apply US GAAP.

I work within the Financial – more... Reporting team and my responsibilities lie within reporting financial statements according to UK GAAP and US GAAP.

I manage the Joint Venture Accounting area which involves cash calls and joint interest billing statements.

The thing i love the most is the discussions we have about different treatments according to different standards and the adhocs i get because it really expands my explosure and knowledge. – less
Nice place to work
Chief specialist (Former Employee), Москва, CENAugust 24, 2013
Pros: a lot of lerarning courses
Cons: long hours
Well organized business process. Good work environment. Offered many courses to learn.
Very good work environment
Administrator (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJuly 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about the Oil and Gas industry.
Great work/home balance.
Wonderful teams always busy and continued learning
Backbone Pricebook Specialist & PPM Specialist (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 3, 2013
I would recommend people to work for this company. You learn more than your job duties so you can continue to grow and learn more. Great coworkers we all get along great!

Hardest part is always changing culture.
Challenging experience
Cashier, Repair Shop Scheduler (Former Employee), Rugeley, ENGJanuary 23, 2013
Working here was challenging because I was called upon to perform a variety of tasks. Scheduling the repair shop was not my original job, but this task fell on me after only beginning. The job pushed me to learn.
Working with BP
Project Manager (Former Employee), Middle East (Oman, Jordan, Abu Dhabi, Pakistan)December 28, 2012
Pros: trainings, day aways
I have learned a lot while working at BP. Was part of global IT team and contributed to success of IT projects.
I was part of decentralized organization hence strong relationship with local business as well as global functions.
Canada
Camp manager (Current Employee), Georgia supsaJuly 31, 2012
My work days is same us every day, I am woking one week (24 hour day) and one week of. I am enjoy my work . My dream is to live in Canada with my family and give my Childrens education.
Safe, educational, clean workplace.
Millwright Apprentice/Roustabout (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 20, 2012
Pros: very safe, clean work environment
Cons: not enough overtime.
Every day would start with a morning meeting where the job criteria for the day would be handed out to each group. I was privledged with learning many different tasks such as fixing and troubleshooting various industrial equipment and also took part in many safety practices. The hardest part of the job was probably having so many different jobs that – more... had to be left unfinished to wait for parts to arrive. The most enjoyable was getting to work alongside qualified professionals and getting to learn each day. – less
The Bp parking lot project was an intresting project and very challenging
Construction superintendent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 5, 2012
At the Bp parking lot project I encourntered many obsticles and had to divert the work force to other areas until a solution was worked out.
Excellent Employer
HSSE Wells Team Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
Pros: flexable work rotations
Cons: n. a.
Excelllent Employer, Fresh approach to HSSE and prime contract work.
Oil Field Operations
Safety & Security Compliance Officer (Current Employee), BasraApril 20, 2014
Provided Safety and Security Compliance for BP whilst operating on Drilling rigs owed and operated by 3rd party contractors
left for personal terms
duty manager (Former Employee), croydonApril 16, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: shift patterns and there flexibilty
the company was good to work for unfortunately they couldn't adapt my shift patterns to suit my current home situation as a part time carer for my ill grandparents
Does Not liked
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Brisbane AustraliaApril 15, 2014
It was a very hard experience for me and i fully disliked the job
Productive and Fun Work Place. Great Team!
Project Manager, Learning & Development (Current Employee), Whiting, INApril 14, 2014
My day starts usually with team meetings to review what we the week and what tasks we need to accomplish.
BP offered professional opportunity and challenging projects
Energy and Electrical Systems Manager (Former Employee), La Palma CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: took away 9/80 work week.
Best part of the job was taking on challenges and working through to implementing innovative solutions. People I worked with were great.
Great place to work!
Integrated Safe System of Work (ISSOW) (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 8, 2014
This university is a great place to work. There is never a dull moment. I worked on there deep sea rig, very fun and challenging.
Higher standard
Customer Services Representative (Full time) (Former Employee), ManurewaApril 8, 2014
Pros: half price for the food we buy
Cons: you cannot come inside the store durig the night time
That place was the higher in standard. They do anything according to the rules and regulation to maintain the standard.
repetative workflow enviroment
Baker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 7, 2014
Pros: serve customers
preparation of breads and pastries that are baked fresh daily
taking customer orders by phone and in person
making orders to customers satisfaction

1 2 3 4 5

About BP

BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business – Read more