BP

BP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace with everyday new challenges
manager (Former Employee), sydney, AustraliaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: flexible timings and rotating shifts
Cons: sometime long late night shifts
a day when i had a customer complaining about my staff being rude with him and it was last day of month so closing date when manager have a lot more to do than a daily routine.
i learned that whatever happen customers are our priority from where we get our revenue.
management is a hardest thing to but but if you enjoy your work and if you love challenges – more... then you are a leader.
i always had a very healthy professional relations with my co-workers and at work like a family i always appreciate my co workers for their job done and motive them for future too.
the hardest pat of the job is to handle upset customers because you do not want to loose them and moreover when what are they saying is not unfair too.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when u know you have achieved the goal and your work done will be appreciated and also there is still a room for you and you team to learn something new. – less
A great company to work for.
Group Auditor, Home based. (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: many, positive culture is on top of the list.
Cons: not many.
My position travelled to international locations. All I saw was people and management who cared about people and the quality of job and products to be delivered.
Good working place
Store manager, BP (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 6, 2013
Pros: half price lunch, holiday package every year
Cons: long hours and sometime extra work from different branches
very fast retail working environment. I use to manage team of 10 at all time, which helped me gain people managing skills. As a manager some of my duties were to make sure we hit our daily and monthly KPI's. security and safety checks are done. managing daily cash from 10,000 to 15,000 pounds. the most enjoyable part of the job is managing staff of – more... 10 and most hardest part was dealing with huge chunks of cash. – less
Team Work and Good Learning Curve
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), CairoAugust 26, 2013
Pros: overtime hours are well compensated and team workas well as job rotation
Cons: continuous change to the organizational structure
My job is mainly about financial reporting to different stakeholders. In Egypt, where we operate in a PSA enviroment, we have to report our financial figures to different entities. Government where we apply the cash basis accounting. UK where we apply UK GAAP, group reporting where we apply IFRS and US where we apply US GAAP.

I work within the Financial – more... Reporting team and my responsibilities lie within reporting financial statements according to UK GAAP and US GAAP.

I manage the Joint Venture Accounting area which involves cash calls and joint interest billing statements.

The thing i love the most is the discussions we have about different treatments according to different standards and the adhocs i get because it really expands my explosure and knowledge. – less
Nice place to work
Chief specialist (Former Employee), Москва, CENAugust 24, 2013
Pros: a lot of lerarning courses
Cons: long hours
Well organized business process. Good work environment. Offered many courses to learn.
Very good work environment
Administrator (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJuly 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about the Oil and Gas industry.
Great work/home balance.
Wonderful teams always busy and continued learning
Backbone Pricebook Specialist & PPM Specialist (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 3, 2013
I would recommend people to work for this company. You learn more than your job duties so you can continue to grow and learn more. Great coworkers we all get along great!

Hardest part is always changing culture.
Challenging experience
Cashier, Repair Shop Scheduler (Former Employee), Rugeley, ENGJanuary 23, 2013
Working here was challenging because I was called upon to perform a variety of tasks. Scheduling the repair shop was not my original job, but this task fell on me after only beginning. The job pushed me to learn.
Working with BP
Project Manager (Former Employee), Middle East (Oman, Jordan, Abu Dhabi, Pakistan)December 28, 2012
Pros: trainings, day aways
I have learned a lot while working at BP. Was part of global IT team and contributed to success of IT projects.
I was part of decentralized organization hence strong relationship with local business as well as global functions.
Canada
Camp manager (Current Employee), Georgia supsaJuly 31, 2012
My work days is same us every day, I am woking one week (24 hour day) and one week of. I am enjoy my work . My dream is to live in Canada with my family and give my Childrens education.
Safe, educational, clean workplace.
Millwright Apprentice/Roustabout (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 20, 2012
Pros: very safe, clean work environment
Cons: not enough overtime.
Every day would start with a morning meeting where the job criteria for the day would be handed out to each group. I was privledged with learning many different tasks such as fixing and troubleshooting various industrial equipment and also took part in many safety practices. The hardest part of the job was probably having so many different jobs that – more... had to be left unfinished to wait for parts to arrive. The most enjoyable was getting to work alongside qualified professionals and getting to learn each day. – less
The Bp parking lot project was an intresting project and very challenging
Construction superintendent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 5, 2012
At the Bp parking lot project I encourntered many obsticles and had to divert the work force to other areas until a solution was worked out.
Excellent Employer
HSSE Wells Team Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
Pros: flexable work rotations
Cons: n. a.
Excelllent Employer, Fresh approach to HSSE and prime contract work.
Different
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee), ENGJuly 28, 2014
very different job to what i was used to. learnt alot of different things
Valued, Energizing and Enjoyable
Executive Assistant to Well Superintendent (Former Employee), Hallsville, TXJuly 28, 2014
Working for Bp was a rewarding experience. I gain knowledge in the oil and gas field that will be of value through out my personal and professional life. My direct supervisor was always respectful and treated me like I was a vital part of the Bp organization. Team builders and safety were a top priority.
productive and fun
Medical Coordinator / Chief of Clinics (Former Employee), Baku, AzerbaijanJuly 25, 2014
Business as usual, micromanaging doctors at the office - that's th etypical day at work.
I've elarned to write health and safety procedures for review and company implementation
My bosses teh HR Director and the VP are all good.
Hardest part of the job is managing many people in the different areas both offshore and onshore locations.
Most enjoyable – more... part is the same as above mentioned, ironically. – less
Group oriented atmosphere & friendly staff.
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
BP is a relaxed atmosphere which focuses on group decisions. The constant changing of systems and policies does add pressure and stress to ensure compliance.
Stressfull but so worth it in the end
M&S COMBINED RETAIL, DEPUTY STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGJuly 24, 2014
Pros: 50% staff discount, staff fuel cards, bonuses (performance related)
Cons: long hours, very little family life due to varied night and day shifts
A typical day here never happened everyday was different and i enjoyed the daily challenges.
part time position
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 23, 2014
Ok to work there, but it was a temporary, part time position, cashier, covered for breaks and lunches, made orders of supplies and stocked them .
Excellent amenities, cafeterias, gyms,
Sr. IT&S Project Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: bp ms 150, global leadership
Cons: parking, cubicles
Excellent place to work. Great group of employees/contractors.

1 2 3 4 5

About BP

BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business – Read more