BP Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Employer
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  Canada and UAEJanuary 29, 2016
BP is a great employer. BP helped me to grow in the HR field and learn the best practices, BP never sets for a failure and does appreciate your hard work and supports you all the way. Great management team and great coworkers who has all a common goal - the success of the company which means the success of the employees.
Pros
Great People
BP was great company to work for!
Shift Foreman (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 26, 2015
BP was well managed because the supervisors respected their employees and the knowledge that they brought to the company!
Everyone did their job and the plant and company was successful except for that darn oil spill in the gulf.
Excellent, fun and exciting place to work.
Administrative Assistant - South Wapiti Plant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 19, 2015
Provided administrative support, including mail, reception, supplies, office machine rental contracts, filing, vehicle usage reporting, timesheet auditing, accounts payable, credit card reconciliations, and employee expenses. Supported HR department. Trained junior administrative staff and delivered safety orientation for new hires and on-site vendors. Participated in ERP exercises.
Pros
Good Management.
My Profile in my old company
Owner Operator - DZ driver (Former Employee) –  UAE, United Arab EmiratiesOctober 15, 2015
In addition to strong technical abilities, demonstrates experience in all aspects of safety, working in
accordance with HSE requirements and leading major incident investigations. A strong leader, used to
overseeing teams while using strong communicating skills to work with a wide range of clients, contractors
and employees. Works proactively, taking a logical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting and
thrives in highly pressurized and challenging working environments.
Very Good to work with British Petrolium
Customer Service Assistance (Former Employee) –  Vuxhall, London, United KindomJuly 30, 2015
Very good facilities including very good wages, time schedule, holidays, holiday pay, medical, extra bonus in Christmas, high street vouchers.
Onsite/Offsite Support Main Unit Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 20, 2015
- No complaints while there. Workings were always friendly.
- Always had a helping hand when work would get overwhelming.
- Work/family life balance was a plus.
Customer satisfaction, chating with customer and co-worker
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  Pharan, MelbourneDecember 18, 2014
Working with B.P. since 2010 has given me a vast experience into various field and had shown beauty of business which has made capable enough to stand in real world.

The most typical day was Friday in 2011 (was by myself in store) and our system was down (wasn't working at all) and the biggest problem was we are not able to accept any bank cards transaction and i have to make it manually and on the same time unfortunately one customer drop 3 glass bottles of V drink and one 2 liter full cream milk bottle. (Plastic bag got slip from his hand)
At the time of training it was taught that safety come first. I put the sign board of caution and wet floor once and quickly remove glass particle from floor also i had spread a paper towel so that it can absorbed liquid and keep serving customer. Meanwhile, whenever I have chance i was keep moping floor as well.
From this I learned that it very necessary to have presence of mind and stay calm because few customer doesn't understand your situation. May be because they are in rush or whatever. Its employee responsibility to stay calm.

Collogue came after 50-55 minutes and first thing he did was vacuumed, cleaning and moping. Later on we both were helping each other for serving customer and making store ready for business it was the time when i realized in team work its “more We and less I”

The hardest part it to control on myself as i love chocolates, chip and fast-food a lot initially it was very hard to and i had put on weight but latter i decided not eat anything from store and start carrying my lunch box. But still in once in week
  more... i do eat chocolates, nachos etc.

Any job doing in store has its own beauty and i enjoy that moment but the most enjoying moment is to help customer regardless age, gender, nationality etc and serving them equally. Like: - Solving customer problem to make customer satisfied that such situation will not be repeated again with him/her or with anyone else and right action will against the product/service and to make feel them secure and when such customer turn-up again into store for business that most enjoyable part for me.
Great company in UK
Senior Process Operator (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom, CanadaDecember 12, 2014
A large part of my time so far was with BP and in the UK it was second to none.

Great pension at the time, share schemes excellent, great people and nice climate.

Canada was different but same company philosophy - however the way Canada works with benefits and pension is different to UK
Pros
shares, pension, great people
Cons
no longer in canada
Business Unit sold
SURFACE ANALYST - PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2014
Not a bad company. Nice coworkers. BU sold to Apache.

Would work there again if it existed
pass the review
MATERIAL CONTROLLER (Offshore) (Former Employee) –  on board sscv saipem7000September 21, 2014
BP company are one of the largest company of oil and gas industry
A great company to work for.
Group Auditor, Home based. (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2014
My position travelled to international locations. All I saw was people and management who cared about people and the quality of job and products to be delivered.
Pros
many, positive culture is on top of the list.
Cons
not many.
Team Work and Good Learning Curve
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  CairoAugust 26, 2013
My job is mainly about financial reporting to different stakeholders. In Egypt, where we operate in a PSA enviroment, we have to report our financial figures to different entities. Government where we apply the cash basis accounting. UK where we apply UK GAAP, group reporting where we apply IFRS and US where we apply US GAAP.

I work within the Financial Reporting team and my responsibilities lie within reporting financial statements according to UK GAAP and US GAAP.

I manage the Joint Venture Accounting area which involves cash calls and joint interest billing statements.

The thing i love the most is the discussions we have about different treatments according to different standards and the adhocs i get because it really expands my explosure and knowledge.
Pros
overtime hours are well compensated and team workas well as job rotation
Cons
continuous change to the organizational structure
Very good work environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCJuly 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about the Oil and Gas industry.
Great work/home balance.
Safe, educational, clean workplace.
Millwright Apprentice/Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 20, 2012
Every day would start with a morning meeting where the job criteria for the day would be handed out to each group. I was privledged with learning many different tasks such as fixing and troubleshooting various industrial equipment and also took part in many safety practices. The hardest part of the job was probably having so many different jobs that had to be left unfinished to wait for parts to arrive. The most enjoyable was getting to work alongside qualified professionals and getting to learn each day.
Pros
very safe, clean work environment
Cons
not enough overtime.
The Bp parking lot project was an intresting project and very challenging
Construction superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 5, 2012
At the Bp parking lot project I encourntered many obsticles and had to divert the work force to other areas until a solution was worked out.
Excellent Employer
HSSE Wells Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
Excelllent Employer, Fresh approach to HSSE and prime contract work.
Pros
flexable work rotations
Cons
n. a.
commis de bureau
Commis de bureau (Former Employee) –  LasalleOctober 23, 2013
Bonne équipe
Très proche de chez moi
Bonne expérience
Très peu d’heures
Pros
les petits déjeuners gratuits
Cons
endroit tres brouillant