BP

BP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
pass the review
MATERIAL CONTROLLER (Offshore) (Former Employee), on board sscv saipem7000September 21, 2014
BP company are one of the largest company of oil and gas industry
A great company to work for.
Group Auditor, Home based. (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: many, positive culture is on top of the list.
Cons: not many.
My position travelled to international locations. All I saw was people and management who cared about people and the quality of job and products to be delivered.
Team Work and Good Learning Curve
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), CairoAugust 26, 2013
Pros: overtime hours are well compensated and team workas well as job rotation
Cons: continuous change to the organizational structure
My job is mainly about financial reporting to different stakeholders. In Egypt, where we operate in a PSA enviroment, we have to report our financial figures to different entities. Government where we apply the cash basis accounting. UK where we apply UK GAAP, group reporting where we apply IFRS and US where we apply US GAAP.

I work within the Financial – more... Reporting team and my responsibilities lie within reporting financial statements according to UK GAAP and US GAAP.

I manage the Joint Venture Accounting area which involves cash calls and joint interest billing statements.

The thing i love the most is the discussions we have about different treatments according to different standards and the adhocs i get because it really expands my explosure and knowledge. – less
Very good work environment
Administrator (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJuly 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about the Oil and Gas industry.
Great work/home balance.
Safe, educational, clean workplace.
Millwright Apprentice/Roustabout (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 20, 2012
Pros: very safe, clean work environment
Cons: not enough overtime.
Every day would start with a morning meeting where the job criteria for the day would be handed out to each group. I was privledged with learning many different tasks such as fixing and troubleshooting various industrial equipment and also took part in many safety practices. The hardest part of the job was probably having so many different jobs that – more... had to be left unfinished to wait for parts to arrive. The most enjoyable was getting to work alongside qualified professionals and getting to learn each day. – less
The Bp parking lot project was an intresting project and very challenging
Construction superintendent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 5, 2012
At the Bp parking lot project I encourntered many obsticles and had to divert the work force to other areas until a solution was worked out.
Excellent Employer
HSSE Wells Team Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
Pros: flexable work rotations
Cons: n. a.
Excelllent Employer, Fresh approach to HSSE and prime contract work.
productive and a fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Harlow, ENGOctober 19, 2014
It was a fun place to work but was always work focused
I was able to learn new skills
Daily Store Activites
Assistant Night Manager (Former Employee), Douglas, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: i loved interacting with the customers
Cons: no benifits
I would come in and get briefed on the previous shift, then I would do my walk through to see if anyone needs to correct anything. I would then count down my register and begin my shift. I would be in charge of managing my shift and maintaining order. At the end of my shift I would do my walk through and make sure all nightly duties have been completed. – more... I would count my register down and make my bank deposit, lock up the store and go home. – less
Positive productive environment
Finance clerk (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: company gym
Very positive environment and co workers are all happy to be there, Key values that influence attendance and commitment to succeed and be the best at what you do.

Have declined a permanent post at Maskew Miller for a Contract Post at BP and will make the same decision again.... :)

Work experience was insight full and will benefit any employer.
Productive and Safe Place to work
Maintenance Team Leader (Current Employee), Pascagoula, MSOctober 12, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: accountability
Safety First always. Drives for continuous improvement. Maintains safe, compliant and silent running operations. Has well skilled workforce.
Not somewhere I would like to continue working
Cashier (Current Employee), Edwardsville IllinoisOctober 11, 2014
Pros: working with the public
Cons: management
This job is not something that I am interested in doing. The job basically fell into my lap once the restaurant I was working at closed, and it is a way to pay the bills. I do lots of stocking and working one on one with different customers. Count money, and make lists of things that we need at the store.
Interesting place
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2014
interesting place to work. not sure what else to say. i can just add more words, but it is an interesting place to work.
bp was cool
Customer Service (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: girls were hot
Cons: being bored wasn't cool
But not as cool as me. I think that BP would be a lot more cool if they issued some sunglasses to their employees, and made everybody work out.
Fun place to work with a diverse group of lovely people.
Duty Manager (Current Employee), Sidcup, ENGOctober 7, 2014
Pros: staff discount, the people
Cons: long hours overtime in management
I found myself at my current job at BP, I started as a Csa and within a few months quickly progressed to become a duty manager. As a duty manger I realised all the time keeping and people skills I had acquired over the years were going to be fully utilised.
Good culture
Market Intelligence Specialist, Procurement (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Great value and culture;
Great leadership team;
Some restructuring going on recently.
Cashiering, customer service
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 5, 2014
Improved my people skills and helped me with handling money
Typical day
MANAGER (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCOctober 3, 2014
Arrive at work,greet staff and mangement and resume my duties,i learned many things here and management was willing to teach me and my co workers we get on quite well and the hardest part of my job is to handle a difficult customer,but that doesnt get me down.the most enjoyable part of my job is handling customers
Great Place to Work
Subsea Wellhead Quality Lead (Current Employee), Houston TexasSeptember 29, 2014
Great place to work with a focus on home/work life balance. Compensation is amongst the best in industry.
Good work environmet.
Learning Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2014
BP is a great company but you have to be a person willing to be proactive to learn your job on your own. Not a lot of formal training.

1 2 3 4 5

About BP

BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business – Read more