BP

BP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Customer satisfaction, chating with customer and co-worker
Console Operator (Current Employee), Pharan, MelbourneDecember 18, 2014
Working with B.P. since 2010 has given me a vast experience into various field and had shown beauty of business which has made capable enough to stand in real world.

The most typical day was Friday in 2011 (was by myself in store) and our system was down (wasn't working at all) and the biggest problem was we are not able to accept any bank cards transaction and i have to make it manually and on the same time unfortunately one customer drop 3 glass bottles of V drink and one 2 liter full cream milk bottle. (Plastic bag got slip from his hand)
At the time of training it was taught that safety come first. I put the sign board of caution and wet floor once and quickly remove glass particle from floor also i had spread a paper towel so that it can absorbed liquid and keep serving customer. Meanwhile, whenever I have chance i was keep moping floor as well.
From this I learned that it very necessary to have presence of mind and stay calm because few customer doesn't understand your situation. May be because they are in rush or whatever. Its employee responsibility to stay calm.

Collogue came after 50-55 minutes and first thing he did was vacuumed, cleaning and moping. Later on we both were helping each other for serving customer and making store ready for business it was the time when i realized in team work its “more We and less I”

The hardest part it to control on myself as i love chocolates, chip and fast-food a lot initially it was very hard to and i had put on weight but latter i decided not eat anything from store and start carrying my lunch box. But still in once in week – more... i do eat chocolates, nachos etc.

Any job doing in store has its own beauty and i enjoy that moment but the most enjoying moment is to help customer regardless age, gender, nationality etc and serving them equally. Like: - Solving customer problem to make customer satisfied that such situation will not be repeated again with him/her or with anyone else and right action will against the product/service and to make feel them secure and when such customer turn-up again into store for business that most enjoyable part for me. – less
Great company in UK
Senior Process Operator (Former Employee), United Kingdom, CanadaDecember 12, 2014
Pros: shares, pension, great people
Cons: no longer in canada
A large part of my time so far was with BP and in the UK it was second to none.

Great pension at the time, share schemes excellent, great people and nice climate.

Canada was different but same company philosophy - however the way Canada works with benefits and pension is different to UK
Business Unit sold
SURFACE ANALYST - PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 10, 2014
Not a bad company. Nice coworkers. BU sold to Apache.

Would work there again if it existed
pass the review
MATERIAL CONTROLLER (Offshore) (Former Employee), on board sscv saipem7000September 21, 2014
BP company are one of the largest company of oil and gas industry
A great company to work for.
Group Auditor, Home based. (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: many, positive culture is on top of the list.
Cons: not many.
My position travelled to international locations. All I saw was people and management who cared about people and the quality of job and products to be delivered.
Team Work and Good Learning Curve
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), CairoAugust 26, 2013
Pros: overtime hours are well compensated and team workas well as job rotation
Cons: continuous change to the organizational structure
My job is mainly about financial reporting to different stakeholders. In Egypt, where we operate in a PSA enviroment, we have to report our financial figures to different entities. Government where we apply the cash basis accounting. UK where we apply UK GAAP, group reporting where we apply IFRS and US where we apply US GAAP.

I work within the Financial Reporting team and my responsibilities lie within reporting financial statements according to UK GAAP and US GAAP.

I manage the Joint Venture Accounting area which involves cash calls and joint interest billing statements.

The thing i love the most is the discussions we have about different treatments according to different standards and the adhocs i get because it really expands my explosure and knowledge.
Very good work environment
Administrator (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJuly 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about the Oil and Gas industry.
Great work/home balance.
Safe, educational, clean workplace.
Millwright Apprentice/Roustabout (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 20, 2012
Pros: very safe, clean work environment
Cons: not enough overtime.
Every day would start with a morning meeting where the job criteria for the day would be handed out to each group. I was privledged with learning many different tasks such as fixing and troubleshooting various industrial equipment and also took part in many safety practices. The hardest part of the job was probably having so many different jobs that had to be left unfinished to wait for parts to arrive. The most enjoyable was getting to work alongside qualified professionals and getting to learn each day.
The Bp parking lot project was an intresting project and very challenging
Construction superintendent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 5, 2012
At the Bp parking lot project I encourntered many obsticles and had to divert the work force to other areas until a solution was worked out.
Excellent Employer
HSSE Wells Team Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
Pros: flexable work rotations
Cons: n. a.
Excelllent Employer, Fresh approach to HSSE and prime contract work.
commis de bureau
Commis de bureau (Former Employee), LasalleOctober 23, 2013
Pros: les petits déjeuners gratuits
Cons: endroit tres brouillant
Bonne équipe
Très proche de chez moi
Bonne expérience
Très peu d’heures

About BP

BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business – Read more