BP

BP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great company to work for.
Group Auditor, Home based. (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: many, positive culture is on top of the list.
Cons: not many.
My position travelled to international locations. All I saw was people and management who cared about people and the quality of job and products to be delivered.
Team Work and Good Learning Curve
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), CairoAugust 26, 2013
Pros: overtime hours are well compensated and team workas well as job rotation
Cons: continuous change to the organizational structure
My job is mainly about financial reporting to different stakeholders. In Egypt, where we operate in a PSA enviroment, we have to report our financial figures to different entities. Government where we apply the cash basis accounting. UK where we apply UK GAAP, group reporting where we apply IFRS and US where we apply US GAAP.

I work within the Financial – more... Reporting team and my responsibilities lie within reporting financial statements according to UK GAAP and US GAAP.

I manage the Joint Venture Accounting area which involves cash calls and joint interest billing statements.

The thing i love the most is the discussions we have about different treatments according to different standards and the adhocs i get because it really expands my explosure and knowledge. – less
Very good work environment
Administrator (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJuly 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about the Oil and Gas industry.
Great work/home balance.
Safe, educational, clean workplace.
Millwright Apprentice/Roustabout (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 20, 2012
Pros: very safe, clean work environment
Cons: not enough overtime.
Every day would start with a morning meeting where the job criteria for the day would be handed out to each group. I was privledged with learning many different tasks such as fixing and troubleshooting various industrial equipment and also took part in many safety practices. The hardest part of the job was probably having so many different jobs that – more... had to be left unfinished to wait for parts to arrive. The most enjoyable was getting to work alongside qualified professionals and getting to learn each day. – less
The Bp parking lot project was an intresting project and very challenging
Construction superintendent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 5, 2012
At the Bp parking lot project I encourntered many obsticles and had to divert the work force to other areas until a solution was worked out.
Excellent Employer
HSSE Wells Team Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
Pros: flexable work rotations
Cons: n. a.
Excelllent Employer, Fresh approach to HSSE and prime contract work.
Enjoyable and fast paced work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Dover, ENGSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good lunch break duration
Cons: shift pattern
The shift pattern varied between an early shift of 06.45- 14.45 or a late shift of 14.45-22.45.
I learned how to work well under pressure and how to communicate with every customer in a polite and friendly manner.
The management are very friendly and always do their best to find me hours as I am on a 0 hour contract.
I developed a strong relationship – more... with all of my colleagues.
The hardest part of the job is the busy nature of the store, which means I am required to work at a fast pace but making sure my actions are correct and efficient.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people. I pride myself on having excellent interpersonal skills and I enjoy interacting with all different types of customers. – less
the worst company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), clarksville, tnSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: you have regulars that make you smile no matter what mood your in
Cons: everything else
beach oil company/ hi road
they are the worst company to work for!
They will screw you in every way possibly and run all over you and not appreciate anything you do for them, they will screw with you pay in a way you don't realize it till you calculate your hours and if you refuse over time bc you don't get paid for it they will fire im saying it straight – more... forward the most petty screwed up company to work for period – less
An easy going yet productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Naperville, ILSeptember 12, 2014
I learned how to use a register and work the lottery machine. I had to maintain the pumps, stock groceries and tobacco items and keep the cooler organized. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fun customers I would meet!
MUCH HOURS
Shift Manager (Former Employee), FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: no benefit
LOTS OF HOURS AND WAGES OK MUCH TO DO SAFE AREA AND MANAGER WILLING TO HELP ALL TIME I WILL WORK THERE IF I COULD
Fun and enjoyable
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: no insurance
People that worked there were great. talking to the people coming into have work done to there vehicles were pleasant and enjoyable.
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Meridian, MSSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: layed back place to work
Cons: no breaks
loved meeting new people. Meet all kinds of people every day. never knew what was gonna happen from day to day.
BEST OIL COMPANY
Gulf of Mexico Reservoir Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Great smart well driven people to work with. I was summer intern, very limited full-time hiring.
feel pleasure to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: nothing is free.
Cons: short break.
It is always fun to work at gas station because of nice care, love, and respect from customers and manager.
Amazing place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albertville, ALSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: customers, mgmt, job duties
Cons: always on call
Management is great, you have the ability to learn and get as many hours as you can handle if you prove yourself.
Big Company with professional stuff
Public relations / Secretary (Former Employee), EgyptSeptember 8, 2014
- Friendly colleagues
- Learned dealing with clients and customers
- Management was highly experienced
- co workers were very polite and helpful
- There was no hard part in the job
- I enjoyed the machines of coffee and tea offered in each department and the events held for the employees
A great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2014
Cons: wasn't furthering my career
One of the the best jobs that gave me the opportunity togain responsibility.
High rating for life balance and benefits
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Carson, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedules and pension plan
Cons: lacking standarization and harmony
Diverse company with opportunity for career growth. Having a 9/80 schedule makes balancing life and work easier.
Oil&Gas industry, Bp's biggest onshore facility with big responsabilities and opportunities
Bp Operations ACG Production Technician and Safety (Current Employee), Azerbaijan, BakuSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches and transportations with other benefits.
Im workind at the Sangachal Oil&Gas terminal.
AGT region biggest onshore facility with both Oil and Gas areas and modern instalations.
Operations department gave me an opportunity to became a full competent production tech. and HSSE representative. Lots of trainings and assessments help me to became a high grade employee with good experience.
Terrible work environment
Site Manager (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free car wash
Cons: zero personal time
Attached to your work at all times, no free time is really given. Management doesn't allow advancement, no security either. Other managers and cashiers are fine. Some corporate people like to belittle people at sites. Hardest part is hours and finding workers. There is no enjoyable part.

1 2 3 4 5

About BP

BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business – Read more