BP

BP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace with everyday new challenges
manager (Former Employee), sydney, AustraliaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: flexible timings and rotating shifts
Cons: sometime long late night shifts
a day when i had a customer complaining about my staff being rude with him and it was last day of month so closing date when manager have a lot more to do than a daily routine.
i learned that whatever happen customers are our priority from where we get our revenue.
management is a hardest thing to but but if you enjoy your work and if you love challenges – more... then you are a leader.
i always had a very healthy professional relations with my co-workers and at work like a family i always appreciate my co workers for their job done and motive them for future too.
the hardest pat of the job is to handle upset customers because you do not want to loose them and moreover when what are they saying is not unfair too.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when u know you have achieved the goal and your work done will be appreciated and also there is still a room for you and you team to learn something new. – less
A great company to work for.
Group Auditor, Home based. (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: many, positive culture is on top of the list.
Cons: not many.
My position travelled to international locations. All I saw was people and management who cared about people and the quality of job and products to be delivered.
Good working place
Store manager, BP (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 6, 2013
Pros: half price lunch, holiday package every year
Cons: long hours and sometime extra work from different branches
very fast retail working environment. I use to manage team of 10 at all time, which helped me gain people managing skills. As a manager some of my duties were to make sure we hit our daily and monthly KPI's. security and safety checks are done. managing daily cash from 10,000 to 15,000 pounds. the most enjoyable part of the job is managing staff of – more... 10 and most hardest part was dealing with huge chunks of cash. – less
Team Work and Good Learning Curve
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), CairoAugust 26, 2013
Pros: overtime hours are well compensated and team workas well as job rotation
Cons: continuous change to the organizational structure
My job is mainly about financial reporting to different stakeholders. In Egypt, where we operate in a PSA enviroment, we have to report our financial figures to different entities. Government where we apply the cash basis accounting. UK where we apply UK GAAP, group reporting where we apply IFRS and US where we apply US GAAP.

I work within the Financial – more... Reporting team and my responsibilities lie within reporting financial statements according to UK GAAP and US GAAP.

I manage the Joint Venture Accounting area which involves cash calls and joint interest billing statements.

The thing i love the most is the discussions we have about different treatments according to different standards and the adhocs i get because it really expands my explosure and knowledge. – less
Nice place to work
Chief specialist (Former Employee), Москва, CENAugust 24, 2013
Pros: a lot of lerarning courses
Cons: long hours
Well organized business process. Good work environment. Offered many courses to learn.
Very good work environment
Administrator (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCJuly 12, 2013
Learned a great deal about the Oil and Gas industry.
Great work/home balance.
Wonderful teams always busy and continued learning
Backbone Pricebook Specialist & PPM Specialist (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 3, 2013
I would recommend people to work for this company. You learn more than your job duties so you can continue to grow and learn more. Great coworkers we all get along great!

Hardest part is always changing culture.
Challenging experience
Cashier, Repair Shop Scheduler (Former Employee), Rugeley, ENGJanuary 23, 2013
Working here was challenging because I was called upon to perform a variety of tasks. Scheduling the repair shop was not my original job, but this task fell on me after only beginning. The job pushed me to learn.
Working with BP
Project Manager (Former Employee), Middle East (Oman, Jordan, Abu Dhabi, Pakistan)December 28, 2012
Pros: trainings, day aways
I have learned a lot while working at BP. Was part of global IT team and contributed to success of IT projects.
I was part of decentralized organization hence strong relationship with local business as well as global functions.
Canada
Camp manager (Current Employee), Georgia supsaJuly 31, 2012
My work days is same us every day, I am woking one week (24 hour day) and one week of. I am enjoy my work . My dream is to live in Canada with my family and give my Childrens education.
Safe, educational, clean workplace.
Millwright Apprentice/Roustabout (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 20, 2012
Pros: very safe, clean work environment
Cons: not enough overtime.
Every day would start with a morning meeting where the job criteria for the day would be handed out to each group. I was privledged with learning many different tasks such as fixing and troubleshooting various industrial equipment and also took part in many safety practices. The hardest part of the job was probably having so many different jobs that – more... had to be left unfinished to wait for parts to arrive. The most enjoyable was getting to work alongside qualified professionals and getting to learn each day. – less
The Bp parking lot project was an intresting project and very challenging
Construction superintendent (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJune 5, 2012
At the Bp parking lot project I encourntered many obsticles and had to divert the work force to other areas until a solution was worked out.
Excellent Employer
HSSE Wells Team Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2012
Pros: flexable work rotations
Cons: n. a.
Excelllent Employer, Fresh approach to HSSE and prime contract work.
I loved being a part of a large team during the FCS conversion.
Documentation Consultant (Former Employee), Anchorage and the North SlopeJuly 20, 2014
The work was long hours and I enjoyed the people as well as the documentation conversion.
Productive and stressful
Configuration Manager (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at work was pretty busy. Here I learned a lot about the .Net technology. It was stressful but also fun working there.
Worked on Concurrent system
Contractor (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2014
Pros: good working conditions
Cons: too far from my home
SCADA analysis working on screens and control room requests.
Fun but Repetitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJuly 16, 2014
Pros: paid 30 minute lunch or dinner break
Cons: your breaks were working breaks so if it was busy you didn't really get a break.
Starting at either 2pm or 6am you would work for 8 hours

I did Learn how to make Barista coffee while working at bp

the management changed three times while i worked there which I found annoying.

my co workers were fun and enjoyable to be around.

the hardest part was the standing all day which was very hard on the feet.

the most enjoyable was when – more... we had a nice smooth day with no angry customers and if my co workers were in a good mood. – less
Challenge Induction Program
Blended Learning Coordinator - Upstream Learning (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
The Challenge Induction Program was great to work with. I was able to work with and communicate to the young professionals from many locations in the world setting up their on-line and face-to-face classes . I learned a lot about on-line instructor-led classes and about the Upstream processes. Management and the co-workers were great to work with.

The – more... most enjoyable part was working with and assisting the young professionals. – less
BP
Apprentice Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJuly 15, 2014
Very good place to work, excellent benefits and salary. happy employees
Global PSCM CMcp Process & Systems Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: great place to work
Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About BP

BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business – Read more