BNP Paribas is a European leader in global banking and financial services and is one of the 4 strongest banks in the world according to Standard & Poor’s. The group is present in over 78 countries, with 188,000 employees. The group holds key positions in three major segments: Corporate and Investment Banking, Asset Management & Services and Retail Banking. Present throughout Europe in all of its business lines, BNP Paribas also has a significant presence in North America.
The qualifying candidate will join the Global Equity and Commodity Derivatives IT group of BNP Paribas. The work schedule is from 12pm to 8pm.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITES
- Provide fast solution for technical issues and environment management resolution and upscale incidents to the concerned hierarchy line;
- Take charge of incidents and problem resolution, with active link with local and global developement teams, as well as other support analysts if necessary;
- Solve technical problems in a complex financial environment, with multiple applications and a global architecture;
- Monitor platforms, and set-up new versions,
- Implement and maintain technical and functionnal tests environments;
- Understand processes between Front, Middle and Back Office applications as well as external applications.
- Provide support level 1, 2 and 3 to Financial and Back Office applications.
- Unix & Windows
- Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase
- Business Objects
- SQL, Middleware
- Ubix, Calypso
Excellent communication in Englis and French, written and spoken;
Strong skills in complex analytical problem solving;
Ability to adapt and learn quickly with new environments, systems and products;
Ability to be proactive and result oriented;
Able to priorize and work on several tasks at a time;
3 years of experience as a systeme analyst or a software engineer in a technical environment
Experience in an IT service in a financial institution is a plus
Experience in a complex environment with multiple different processes;
Understanding IT division rules, especially ITIL processes