BMW

BMW Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
BMW
Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 29, 2014
Great experience! I loved it. Business Men & Women was a fun and great place to work.
good place to work just not much andvancement
Technician, Moses Automotive of Saint Albans (Current Employee), st albans wvApril 28, 2014
Pros: lots of freedom
Cons: no room for advancement.
i usually go in an hour to an hour in a half early to get ahead for the day. I have came along ways in the company and have worked all department but sales. my co workers and I are very close and for most part we all get along. the hardest part of my job would be diagnosing the vehicles.
good place to work just not much andvancement
Pros: lots of freedom
Cons: no room for advancement.
Stable company with good benefits
Storeman (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPApril 20, 2014
Pros: received a 3 monthly profit share bonus.
I worked a 8 hour shift,rotating weekly.Issue & receive parts,monitor minimum stock levels.I learned to work under pressure to keep downtime to the minimum.I had a good relationship with management & co-workers from different cultures.The hardest part of my job was to minimize production downtime.The most enjoyable part was to walk the extra mile and – more... learn new things daily and the appreation from management and co-workers. – less
Fast paced sales environment; constant flow of exciting new products
SALES AND LEASING CONSTULTANT (Former Employee), White Plains, NY and Ramsey, NJApril 16, 2014
Pros: uncapped income
Cons: a lot of competition
Repeat business and referrals were the best part of the job. The hardest was competing with other BMW dealers on price. The management teams at both dealerships were motivating and gave sales people autonomy.
production,non stop
assembler (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks very strict rules
work work and more work..THIS IS A VERY DEMANDING AND FAST GROWING COMPANY WITH STRICT GUIDELINES AND RULES IF YOU ARE HARD WORKING, DEDICATED, AND WILLING TO ADAPT TO CHANGE YOU SHOULD APPLY.. GO AHEAD GO FOR IT.
Class A operation
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Ozone Park, NYApril 11, 2014
Pros: salary, employee discounts
Cons: short breaks, too much stress-overworked
Job was great but too stressful. Worked with high end BMW clients.
productive work place
BMW of Sarasota ● Parts & Delivery Agent (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLApril 8, 2014
Tracking all incoming and outgoing parts for a dealership.Locating available parts when the dealership is out of stock.
Handling parts payment collection and making sure all parts are billed correctly through the service department and collision repair shop.
Packaging and shipping parts back to the manufacturer from time to time, and completing the – more... appropriate record keeping.
Referring to parts manuals (both hard copy and electronic format) to identify exactly the right part(s) for the make, model and year of vehicles being serviced – less
branch in charge
branch in charge (Former Employee), sharjahApril 8, 2014
Timely and quality service is rendered to all customers regarding financial dealings.
Fast paced environment
Inbound Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Minooka, ILApril 7, 2014
Pros: no weekends
Cons: pay
Scan bar code, sort, count label incoming parts, scan and store parts. Friendly environment, co-workers are pleasant to work with, hardest part of the job is hitting your required numbers for the day.
Overall okay
Salesperson (Former Employee), Sterling, VAApril 4, 2014
Cons: politics and co-worker squibbles
- Overall a good experience
- office politics was always present and can be very annoying
- management's decisions are sometimes a little counter intuitive
- decent compensation
fun place to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: the schedule is not that great
This was a nice place to work for. The sales team is amazing, they always do the extra mile.
Productive, fun working environment
Operations - IT, Workplace Systems MBA Intern (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good cafeteria
Management is very approachable.
BMW takes care of their employees so most people are very happy and friendly
nice people
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Duncan, SCMarch 27, 2014
very face paced, you have to know what your looking for other wise you'll be lost all day. The production does not stop for anyone! If you do stop the line you have a GREAT reason why, otherwise you will be fired on the spot.
very quiet on the front desk
Temp Receptionist (Former Employee), Bradford, ENGMarch 12, 2014
Pros: no pros for this role
Cons: flexible hours
I was the main receptionist and first point of call. I would direct calls from the main switchboard to the individual required. I would cover the phones for BMW Mini too
Very productive and nice work environment
Logistics-Forklift Operator & Material Handler (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 6, 2014
A, typical day at my job, would've been productive retrieving supplies and materials. I learned the specifications of the position and how to work well with a team. The hardest and best part of the job was maintaining the excellence that BMW stands behind.
Good learning expierence of manufacturing companies
operator (Current Employee), Rosslyn, GPMarch 4, 2014
Pros: working adequate hours
Cons: working grave yard (22h00 -06h00)
It is a fun working environment were production and quality takes first priority and doing right first time it is the moto.BMW Motor industry were we work shifts,we have 3 shift and it is 8hr shift.My co-worker are the most helpful people I have come across,as we prioritise on quality and doing thing right the first time we strive in achieving the standard – more... requirement set by our motherbody GERMANY. – less
BMW NA was established in 1975 is one of the best in Car Manufacturing in the United States & importer of BMW luxury/performance vehicles. BMW Group's
Cognos BI and TM1 Consultant (Former Employee), chicagoMarch 1, 2014
As a Cognos BI Technical Consultant my responsibilities involved:

 Gathering the Report requirements from the Users to Design the FM Model and developing the Dashboards, Cubes and Complex reports.
 Analyzed the business processes, data analysis requirements and Developed specification documents for reports as per client requirements.
 Installated – more... and configuration of Cognos 10 on production, development server and Created the data sources in Cognos Connection.
 Loaded operational data from Oracle, Flat Files into transient Tables and cleaned the data using informatica.
 Upgrading reports, packages from Cognos 8.4 to IBM Cognos 10BI.
 Created the data sources in Cognos Connection.
 Developed FM Projects and Published Packages in Framework Manager – Installed Framework. Manager, connected to different data sources, created database layer, physical layer and presentation layer, defining appropriate relationship between query subjects.
 Implemented Framework Manager Security for Data access, Object level access and Package access.
 Developed DMR Models against the relational sources, Building Regular Dimensions and measured Dimensions, Determinants and attributes for Multi- dimensional reports.
 Designed & developed multiple reports using various templates like list reports, cross-tab reports and chart reports.
 Developed cub using cognos Transformer 10 and Build the professional reports in Analysis Studio. Developed a score cards in Metric Studio.
 Developed Dash Board reports, Scorecards, Visual Layouts, Master detail Drill through reports, Drill up and Drill down reports, multiple prompt reports and cascading prompts in Report Studio.
 Implemented different functionalities using report filters, sorting, multiple queries and conditional blocks.
 Created conditional variables to change the graph headers and list column headers based on the user parameter selection.
 Deploy the Cognos code (Transformer models, Framework Models/Packages, reports and cube views) from Dev to UAT and from UAT to Production environment.
 Create Users, user groups in Cognos access manager and associate them into Cognos connection.

As a TM1 Technical Consultant my responsibilities involved:

• Upgraded TM1 Models from v9.4.1 to v9.5.1 in a distributed environment.
• Install and configured IBM Cognos TM1 v9.5.1 in a distributed environment.
• Responsible to understand the business requirements of the customer and create High Level design, detailed level design documentation.
• Written TI process to extract data from Oracle to send email, update system info cube and error handling.
• Built TM1 Cube – c_expense_details for corporate and regional managerial reports. The input values for this cube is fed from oracle.
• Written TI scripts to create Dimensions, Subsets, Attributes, Cubes, and Views.
• Written TI scripts to Handle Parallel Hierarchies and Import the data from oracle.
• Written TI scripts to update the dimensions from oracle.
• Written formula’s while loading the data and creating metadata.
• Written business rules for Variance Calculations.
• Optimized the rules using SKIPCHECK and FEEDERS and Created front end structures using TM1 Perspectives.
• Responsible to create TM1 objects and deploy TM1 objects to different environments UAT and Prod.
• Created Groups and Users and assigned privileges to the groups and Implemented Single Sign On functionality.
• Created chores to automate the data load process.
• Involved in Unit testing, Integration testing.
• Published different TM1 cubes in Cognos BI 10
• Interacting with the client on a regular basis. – less
Long hours and hard work
Production Associate (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: insurance, salary
Cons: working all of the time, no social life at all
Have been working a lot of overtime and days off. Seems like upper management does not care about the people running the line, and you work all day, plus overtime most of the time, so you do not have a life outside the factory.
great job
Service Porter (Former Employee), Schererville, INFebruary 20, 2014
A great experience. Management was very strong, well mannered, and very dedicated. Customer service was key, satisfaction is what drove us as a whole.

About BMW

BMW is a subsidiary of BMW AG in Munich, Germany. In addition to the South Carolina manufacturing facility, BMW's North American – Read more