BMW

BMW Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the productive life of working in the car industry
Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Cairo, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: working with cars
Cons: long hours
As a car fanatic, this job was just out of this world.
I got the chance to release a new car with the marketing team. This was a dream come true. I also analyzed all the competing car brands, allowing me to submit a list of information regarding all the newly released competing cars.
The management team was very clear from beginning to end, allowing – more... me to do an even greater job than they expected. – less
Productive and good place to work
Technician II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Cons: 15 mins break every 2hrs
Servicing bmw vehicles outlined in the job order
Excellent experience in servicing modern bmw cars
Very friendly co workers
Diagnosing difficult trouble
Solving,trouble/receiving paycheck
Fun product to sell - Car sales is Hell
Brand Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
Pros: got to drive and sell the best cars
Cons: long hours and shady deals
The product is the best situation in this equation. The management and policy and training was poor. Ethical and static business practices were the core reason for me leaving.
Not so good.
BMW Mississauga (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2013
Pros: got to look at nice cars
Cons: didn't get to work on said nice cars
This job was not so enjoyable for me only because i found myself standing around alot of the time watching, instead of learning hands on and actually doing work. I can understand where they were coming from though. Cars are expensive.
poor attuide from managment,
Mechanic (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours pressure, stress
the was no differance from working at a small shop
management has bad attuide
good pay at what price
Decent place to work, high end german automaker.
Packaging Planner (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 13, 2014
Massive opportunity to help improve the workplace.
Team efforts that produce excellent results.
Typical German based firm management.
great team.
Not knowing the whole system is difficult.
Project roll outs.
Nothing to add
K and K Contractor (Former Employee), Greer, SCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: hr could have been improved. they rush to judgement on issues.
OK overall, no working issues. Hard to get on first shift due to large number of people getting hired and lack of first shift positions.
hard working and freindly
SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), South AfricaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: exiting new experiances
Currently working at Bmw as a senior ( diagnostic) technician

I have worked for various product brands so i have been very fortunite to get alot of different work and vehicle experience.

I get on well with management and i do see my self as a leader

I get along well with my co-workers and im always willing to help where needed

The hardest part of – more... the job i would say is the long hours, but i guess you get used to it

The part i enjoy about the job is, you get to meet alot of different people and there is always something to learn – less
company is productive and growing.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk and Handler (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: they have birthday cake on friday for employee birthday month.
Cons: friday meetings could be scaled down a bit, or moved to thursday.
My typical day is wearing many hats, I could be called upon to move to a different job function if needed. Such as operating a reach, picking orders, loading and unloading, packing, conducting cycle counts, receiving in parts, operating cherry-picker, etc. What i learned that every member of the team is important, and that communication is the key to – more... be successful. the management keeps us informed. the jobs are not difficult most are busy. the most enjoyable part of my day is when i can see a smile or two, or enjoy a good laugh! – less
Very productive and educating
Production Associate (Former Employee), Greer, SCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: pay, long work hours, and the overtime
Cons: n/a
I would go to work at 6 am- 5 pm and work on the production line, DEWAX, and assembly line with electrical tools. I had 70 co-workers on the assembly line with me. The hardest part of the job was I had to program the system in each car in under 3 minutes, and I did. The most enjoyable thing about the job was the pay.
Energetic, challenging, fun, and productive work envieronment.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Macon, GASeptember 1, 2014
A typical day starts with going over the sales people's workplans. The management team goes over the prospects from the day before and priort prospects and leads. We go over any deals were the customers did not purchase and try to find a way to put the deal together.
Simultaneously, ensuring that all internet leads have been answered on time to stop – more... the rolling clock and keep our response time to leads very low. Making sure our client advisors are contacting the internet leads, placing phone calls with the objective of setting up appointments and making sure that they are getting all contact information.
I manage a group of around 8 sales people, whom most have been with the company between 10-20 years. One of the best parts of the job is the closeness we all share together which makes it a family atmoshpere. – less
Productive and informative place to work.
Internet Sales Coordinator/Portfolio Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: full benefits
My job included answering multiple phone lines, reviewing internet inquiries and maintaining customer service throughout the sale.

I learned how to keep up with inventory control and product knowledge.
Learned a lot about the metric world
Motorcycle Sales (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 20, 2014
good dealership, nice people, fast bikes. At the end of main st great views
management and customer service
JD Powers Quality Inspector (Former Employee), greer,scAugust 13, 2014
opening the store, cycle counts, planograms, helping customers deposits, and closing store
OK
Senior SAP Consultant (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 12, 2014
• Sweat shop environment
• Learned new Technologies and development and analytical tools.
• Poor Management
• All team members were helpful and supportive.
• Deliverables were always due yesterday.
• The challenging assignments and always good get resolutions.
Challenging place to work. There is a poor family to work life balance.
Contract Manufacturing Engineer/Process Engineer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCAugust 8, 2014
The management had unrealistic expectations. There is a poor family to work life balance.
Decent
Trainee - OBD and Front Office (Former Employee), MumbaiAugust 8, 2014
Pros: brilliant platform to understand a service indutry in the automotive world is carried out, technical hands on experience working with bmw's, converse with hniwork as a team, and stick to deadlines
Cons: no appreciation for work done, no room for creativity, no appreciation of salary, no training
Overall, I enjoyed my oppurtunity at Infinity Cars to understand complex machines like BMW, from a technical standpoint,I could gain hands on experience working on them which made many of our concepts learnt in our academia clear.
As a trainee, a typical training in the initial stage began with vehicles coming in, and me getting to work along with other – more... technicians and understand how arious electrical/mechanical work is carreid out.Work spanned from diagnosis/replacement of sensors to rebuilding an entire engine.As a trainee my job was to assiste senior technicians to perform such tasks and keep in touch with supervisors to manage progress of the work withing stipulated time.
As a technical advisor, I was gained experience to speak to customers specially in lucidifying technical issues in their cars and therby getting approvals (considering that Indians are very cost concious, even mundane jobs can become a hard task to convince because of the costs involved)and getting the jobs done.This improved my ability to easily converse with people (especially HNI' - High Net Worth Individuals), and cordinate work withing the team effectively.
Also as being a qualified engineer myself, i was able to teach the teamcertain aspects of cars with regards to various problems that we tackled everyday,, which made my fellow advisors life ewasy and saved precious time.The underlining aspect was proper co-ordination witin the group right from the segregation and allotment of specific cars with like problems , to managing ht ejobs taking place and ensuring completion within the said time frames to customers.This was pretty much the hardest part since being a novice, I had to ensure I can interact not only with the team but also with technicians and customer alike.
This challenge actually added flavor and charm to the work.
However lack of proper upper management, lack of appreciation for the jobs carried out even after appreciation from customers, low wages, lack of training and family life (beacuse of extended working hours) resulted in an environment not very condusive for work.And overall culture at job was not very receptive to changes and creativity, and creativity was very often thwarted or ridiculed in the name of targets to be achieved.
Also considering the fact, I being an engineer by qualification, desired to be engaged in a proper engineering environment( the exisitng job being a stop gap since crunching times caused jobs in the automotive sector to be unavailable), I had to take a hard decision to look elsewhere for a job. – less
Joy is BMW
HEAD - BODY SHOP (Current Employee), GURGAONAugust 1, 2014
Pros: to handle the all types of problems
Cons: no
I have spent two year here and pleasure to share the experience of the Bird Automotive.

1. Very joyful day when i joined the company.
2. I learned how to handle the difficult situations in life.
3. Management is very co-operative owner is very humble and down to earth.
4. Co-workers are very sincere and cute.
5. Every part of job is hard but we are – more... enjoying the harness of the job.
6. When i get the reward of my efforts. – less
Nice place to gain experiance
Service Valet (Former Employee), Decatur, GaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: nice cars to drive and free lunch on saturdays
Cons: long hours
Greet clients and assist with service detail. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able gain experience in a fast past environment
Great company to work for
SALES MANAGER / FINANCE and LEASING MANAGER (Former Employee), TurnersvilleJuly 17, 2014
I was a total Manger for the complex would do whatever they needed. Shame they had to downsize.

1 2 3 4 5

About BMW

BMW is a subsidiary of BMW AG in Munich, Germany. In addition to the South Carolina manufacturing facility, BMW's North American – Read more