BMW

BMW Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the productive life of working in the car industry
Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Cairo, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: working with cars
Cons: long hours
As a car fanatic, this job was just out of this world.
I got the chance to release a new car with the marketing team. This was a dream come true. I also analyzed all the competing car brands, allowing me to submit a list of information regarding all the newly released competing cars.
The management team was very clear from beginning to end, allowing me to do an even greater job than they expected.
Productive and good place to work
Technician II (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2013
Cons: 15 mins break every 2hrs
Servicing bmw vehicles outlined in the job order
Excellent experience in servicing modern bmw cars
Very friendly co workers
Diagnosing difficult trouble
Solving,trouble/receiving paycheck
Fun product to sell - Car sales is Hell
Brand Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
Pros: got to drive and sell the best cars
Cons: long hours and shady deals
The product is the best situation in this equation. The management and policy and training was poor. Ethical and static business practices were the core reason for me leaving.
poor attuide from managment,
Mechanic (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours pressure, stress
the was no differance from working at a small shop
management has bad attuide
good pay at what price
A good work place to learn about the industry and to grow up
Finance Intern (Former Employee), BeijingJanuary 20, 2015
I took charge of the communication and file work within the supply chain from our England headquarter to BMW to our dealers. I learned how to apply my knowledge and skills to real world business, such as using SAP system to record transactions, controlling budgets and managing detailed filing work. My manager and co-workers are very nice people and we work together in an efficient team. The hardest part of the job is we are very busy at the end of the year. But it is really satisfying when I found out I learned so much after the internship.
BMW Product Genius (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 18, 2015
not interested. would not reccomed to anyone, co-workers are not good
Direst Sales
Sales (Former Employee), Sevenoaks, ENGJanuary 15, 2015
A slightly different approach to sales. Much more of a hard sell. Buy now, buy today. A very challenging environment.
bad organization of a big company
flt operator (Former Employee), swindonJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: nice engagement
Cons: all of the above
While at my time in BMW I found there was no such thing as organized there, I was told by the agency I was working through at the time that my shifts would go in order of "Early 6:00-2:00 evening 2:00-10:00 and then nights 10:00-6:00" this was never the case as we would be told at some point in the week or sometimes the weekend what shift we will be on, it was not the biggest issue that come to mind but a big issue was when going into the arranged shift that they would then question if you was needed for the arranged shift, this was an on going thing during my employment there.
Another problem i found while there was the pay system was very broken, at first the agency i worked for told everyone that they pay for finances like miles, food brought while at work ect, brilliant yes. they did not tell anyone that the agency took a percentage from your overall wage including the payed finance to some how lower and save money on tax, I was paying the same tax as before and the percentage from my wage, I was coming out with a very low wage and often wondered if some weeks i would get paid anything, this made overtime become very redundant because if you did not get for example 2 hours every day over time you would be loosing or getting basic rate after tax and the reduction.
overall I had a very bad time there and would not recommend anyone going there.
A place where we aren't just co-workers, but we are family
Denver Service Porter (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
I feel like working at BMW I am part of a family. We all work together and exceed the expectations of our customers on a one-to-one basis. I enjoy the time I have worked there and continue to improve and grow in the company.
exceellent company
Technician Trainee (Former Employee), lebanonJanuary 9, 2015
very organized. great people to work withvery organized. great people to work withvery organized. great people to work withvery organized. great people to work withvery organized. great people to work withvery organized. great people to work with
Awesome work experience
Senior Service Assistant (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 8, 2015
excellent staff, management working area. Very co operative co workers. Happy to work under amazing guidelines of GM.
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working here. Most of the staff were older than me but I think thats what I enjoyed the most. These people helped me out greatly!!!!
productive
Mini cooper, Bologna, Italy (Former Employee), BolognaJanuary 4, 2015
Leafleting in Bologna's downtown, I spent 3 hours for day to submit the new BMW
Great work place
Quality Control/Production Associate (Former Employee), Greer, SCJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: food court
Cons: only 30 mins to eat
making quick desicions. fast past. great pay
working to make production everyyday building a car from the ground up.
hardest part of the job is finishing tour job at your station in a 1 min and 30 secs.
Wonderful place to work
Sr HCM ABAP Consultant in Greer SC (Former Employee), Greer, SCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: ended after a year
Very nice work environment. Very knowledgeable team. Current and up to date environment
Labor intensive
Assembly (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 19, 2014
Great Company to work for. Need to balance work and home life as
the ten hour shifts leave you drained.
If I had a chance to go back to 2000, I would not go near this company
production assoc (Current Employee), Greer, SCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: 1.2 mile walk in and out of plant, no raise in 5 years
When I first started this job I was glad to go to work but after 14 years of hopes and dreams not coming true I can not wait to leave this huge factory. We have had good benefits taken right away from us and we are worked so hard on this line. I really like my co-workers and some of the management,
very good place to work
Mini Cooper (Former Employee), BanburyDecember 11, 2014
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed working for BMW
Nice benefits, a very good company to work for
A very good environment
Good place to work your way up
Hard work is recognised
Great management
I have learned new skills and the training provided was very professional
Very high paced work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 8, 2014
Pros: food was available at work site
Cons: short breaks, no latitude for family time or time off
Nothing to brag about. Degree of work was highly technical and advanced. Training was not thourough at first. There was not enough time for training. Staff was not patient and did not leave employees with any inspiration to continue to work at this place.
Honest, Fun, Respectful and Team work Workplace
Quality Student (Former Employee), Rosslyn, GPDecember 8, 2014
Pros: rallys
Cons: long hours
I've learnt to be paitent with people, since we are all different and dont do things the same way.

My co-workers are helpfull in a way that they assist you if they are things you dont understand,
The hardest part of my job was working under pressure, and having to deliver my task meaning if i'm not done i have to work extra hours to complete.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when we solve problems and minimize the defects, you get to learn a lot of different ways to solve problems and work as a team.

1 2 3 4 5

About BMW

BMW is a subsidiary of BMW AG in Munich, Germany. In addition to the South Carolina manufacturing facility, BMW's North American – Read more