The Action BMS group of companies is widely recognized as the premier system integrator for Commercial Security, Network Infrastructure, Telecom, and Monitoring Services in western Canada. We design, build, and support leading edge solutions for the healthcare, infrastructure, transportation, gaming, BOMA, enterprise and education verticals.
We are entrepreneurs with high standards, an incredible work ethic, and a progressive, apolitical corporate culture. Our work environment is dynamic, fun and progressive.
Currently, we need help! We are looking to hire an HR Intern or Co-op Student for a 2 to 6 month term. With our company's rapid growth we are looking to expand and progress our HR department with your assistance. You will have the chance to work under our HR Manager and will be exposed to a vast array of HR tasks of varying difficulties. This position may have an opportunity for future indefinite employment. This opportunity would be ideal for a student who is looking for practical hands on experience to advance their career.
1. Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
2. Post new job positions, and track them through our JobScore account.
3. Coordinate candidate interviews, screen candidates by phone, tracking feedback through our JobScore account.
4. Contribute administrative assistance on HR initiatives managed by the HR Manager.
5. Maintaining employee information regarding clearances, certifications, safety.
6. Assist in new employee orientation and training.
7. Other HR and administrative tasks as necessary.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Preferably completed or in the process of completion of a Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2+ years administrative experience supporting teams
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills;
- Comprehensive written and verbal communications skills
- Strong planning, organizing, attention to detail, and scheduling abilities
- Ability to prioritize work flow
- Ability to work independently
- Experience planning and coordinating events
- Ability to thrive in a very fast paced environment, while maintaining high quality
Apply today to be a part of an awesome team and internship!