Located in Kanata, BLiNQ is a pioneer in small cell wireless backhaul solutions that enable mobile operators to quickly and cost-effectively add capacity wherever they need it.
Right now, we are looking to complete our team with the best engineers who can contribute to our success. The work is challenging, the pace is fast and the rewards are great. At BLiNQ, we support innovation and offer our employees a significant opportunity to grow with the company. Be part of our success- check us out at www.blinqnetworks.com.
- Be part of the operations team performing many of the key functions supporting the other team member in the introduction of new products and manufacturing scale up of general availability products.
- Be a key resource in the implementation of a PLM tool including setting up of the AVL and BOM structures into the system, part database, technical field setup and management.
- Manage the database of components, vendors, and costs.
- Be familiar with manufacturing file formats and ensuring new revisions are managed, uploaded, and transferred to vendors for CCA, mechanical fabrication, PCB fabrication for production and quoting.
- Electronic component knowledge to assist and seek approval from internal HW team to create alternative components for the AVL.
- Be familiar with purchasing of components, mechanical parts, cables, assy, and ability to work with distributors. Help manage Long Lead Time risks on new products and support the HW team with sample requests in the component selection process.
- BEng, BS, in engineering or related field but qualifications are strongly experienced based.
- Prior experience should be from the electronic manufacturing field and could be a manufacturing engineer, a documentation control person, industrial engineer, component engineer, or production leader with a sound understanding of the electronic manufacturing business and systems such as ERP/MRP that are typical.
- 5+ years of previous operations engineering, Production leadership, NPI, or documentation control,
- Excellent decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with configuration management, ECO and documentation control.
- Practical knowledge and familiarity with CCA assembly, mechanical assemblies, so that the execution of operations functions is backed with a practical understanding.
Nice To Have:
- Experience in a company, possibly RF or communication based, where the implementation of new products used a wide knowledge base within this industry.
BLiNQ Networks was founded in June 2010 after the acquisition of intellectual property and wireless assets from Nortel Networks. BLiNQ is a...