We are looking for a person with a person with a lot of dexterity and who can listen to instruction. You must be very aware of surroundings and have the ability to problem solve.
You are required to work rotating shifts every two weeks:
Days ~ Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
Afternoons ~ Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm
Nights ~ Sunday 7pm-7am, Monday-Thursday 11pm-7am
*Over time starts after 40 hours
**Your own transportation is ideal due to rotating shifts. Nearest bus stop is a 15 minute walk from the plant.
Benefits available after 3 months and Dental available after 6 months.
- Load \ Unload raw materials, parts, structures, tanks, vessels… using Forklifts, Overhead and Mobile Cranes.
- Verify quality and quantity to related paperwork, note any deviations or shipping damage
- Hang or support products in preparation for blast cleaning or painting
- Load \ Unload trucks, railcars, buggies, sleds with finished goods – without damaging coatings
- Follow proper safety procedures, load ratings, and rigging practices when handling products
- Be aware of other employees and products within the area you are operating at all times
- Inspect equipment before use; report any deficiencies immediately to supervisor
- Perform other functions in order to meet schedules, as directed by supervisor
- Current \ previous certification as forklift \ crane operator (supply copy)
- Able to lift 50lbs repeatedly, able and willing to perform physically demanding work
- Good communication, oral and written skills
- Able to work overtime as required to meet production levels
- Able to work rotating shifts, in a team environment
- Willingness to work outside, and in dirty or hot/cold environments
- Min. 3-5 year experience
- Mobile Crane certification is an asset
- Experienced in rigging and blocking of various products