Black Press B.C. has an immediate opportunity to join our Digital Operations team.
Reporting to the VP of Digital Operations, the Digital Services Specialist is a full-time, permanent position based out of our corporate head offices in Surrey, B.C.
We are recruiting a champion to develop, implement and support the online resources and tools that will drive traffic, engage and maintain readership for the 90 websites in the Black Press B.C. fold.
Working with the team of web developers and engineers at Black Press IT, you will research, source and/or develop then administer resources to empower our frontline newspapers’ staff to create and manage online content.
Among your core responsibilities, you will:
- Liaise with all divisions of Black Press to establish and then champion our Digital content delivery strategies
- Provide ongoing support and training to our newsrooms to deliver our cultural shift to being a truly multi-media organisation
- Write and manage training and project documentation and timelines
- Work with a variety of partners, vendors and internal clients
- Take ownership to manage project resources based on fluid priorities
- Coordinate product development and release with internal and external teams
- Complete business analysis of new and existing systems
- Experience in online newspaper publishing
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of web analytics
- Knowledge social media engagement strategies
- Experience building training materials and coaching people to learn new products
- Experience working in cross functional groups to deliver quality products
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
Qualifications and Special Training
- Ability to champion initiatives (yours and others) and deliver timely results
- Ability to find creative solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to listen and respond objectively to new ideas
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously under pressure
- Ability to make concise recommendations while working with a range of personalities
- Ability to lead projects with diverse stakeholders
Please apply with cover letter, CV and 3 references by Friday, April 5, 2013 to
Elizabeth Dutton, VP Digital Operation
No calls please. We thank all applicants. Only those shortlisted will be contacted for interviews.