Black Press is seeking a creative, web-savvy free-thinker to work in our Digital division.
This is an immediate opportunity for a full-time, permanent post, based out of our head office in Surrey, B.C.
Reporting to the Director of Content for Black Press, the Digital Media Manager is integral in managing online initiatives with our 120 Black Press websites in B.C., Alberta and Washington State.
A key feature of the job is training and support for those web-based initiatives, so you'll need to be a clear thinker with a high degree of patience.
You will be part of development and ongoing projects and site improvements to enhance the user experience for our clients, viewers and staff.
- identify, recommend, and prioritize new website features and applications that support business directives and user needs;
- be integral in defining and implementing new web features including tools and applications;
- identify and execute opportunities to enhance Search Engine Optimization;
- work with analytics to understand behaviour analysis, site traffic, campaign effectiveness, etc.; and take recommended enhancements to stakeholders;
- liaise with our newspaper staff (publishers, editors, etc.) to communicate, engage and deliver online initiatives, utilizing our web-based applications and third-party and vendor services;
- work with a variety of internal stakeholders to create and enhance site design, content and navigation, providing a highly relevant site experience;
- oversee project activities on a day-to-day basis to ensure on-time task completion;
- identify and manage issue resolution including escalation as needed;
- create project status reports and deliver status updates to project participants;
- work proactively in managing client and Black Press staff expectations.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Professional, reliable, ability to work well under pressure, enthusiastic, congenial, self-reliant, self-motivated, assertive
- Ability to work independently, and as part of an A-Type team
- Post secondary journalism training, or work in a related field
- Experience with interpreting web analytics and determining best practices for audience engagement and retention
- Demonstrable understanding of social media and related best practices (Facebook, Twitter), and monitoring tools (HootSuite, TweetDeck, etc).
- Experience with audio and video production/editing
Using these skills, you will be an integral member of our crew dedicated to advancing Black Press online. We expect participation in all facets of our online initiatives.
We want you to bring new ideas to an old industry. We are looking to expand in areas we haven’t even thought of yet.
As a trusted second-in-command to the Director of Content, you will help generate ideas for site improvements, then work with our technical team to make them happen.
Applications will be accepted until Dec. 31, 2012. If you are a qualified applicant please send your resume to:
Director of Content, Black Press B.C.
#310 - 5460 152 Street
Only those candidates short-listed will be called for interviews.