ABOUT BLACK DIAMOND
Black Diamond Group offers exceptional opportunities for people looking to build a rewarding career with a fast-growing, progressive company. We have rewarding job opportunities for everyone from new grads to professionals, trades and field personnel. Everyone can grow alongside a team dedicated to excellence in customer service, business operations and above all, health and safety. With Black Diamond Group, opportunities for career advancement are plentiful and diverse, innovative working environments with competitive benefits are certain.
Black Diamond Group has been providing our customers with remote workforce accommodation, mobile work spaces and oilfield rental equipment since 2003 and has quickly become a leader in the modular space and energy services industry. With a network of 17 local branch offices and four operating divisions in Canada, the United States and Australia, Black Diamond has an excellent reputation for providing world-class industry site services to the oil and gas exploration and production, mining, forestry, construction, industrial, military, education and government markets.
Black Diamond Structures specializes in workforce housing for remote resource development projects and re-configurable, portable modular buildings for work sites. Black Diamond Logistics provides turnkey lodging services, remote facility management and supply chain solutions. Black Diamond Energy Services rents and sells oilfield equipment and services for drilling, completions and production. Black Diamond International rents and sells remote workforce housing and modular buildings to clients.
Black Diamond Energy Services – Field Service Tech
The Service Technician role is one of the most important roles to Black Diamond. These individuals are responsible for maintaining and repairing our equipment while delivering first class customer service. The expectations for fast and professional service will be the highest as you will be the face to face representative and contact to our customers in the field.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on our rental fleet. This incorporates both surface rental equipment and accommodation gear in the yard and in the field. This can include:
o Set up and tear out of camps, well sites and sleepers
o Plumbing repairs
o Heating and HVAC repairs
o Electrical repairs
o Carpentry repairs
o Finishing work
o Satellite wiring and set up
o Various trouble shooting on equipment
- Tracking of all tools assigned to truck
- Ensuring Truck assigned is clean and in working order
- Ensure appropriate paper work upon finishing job
- Follow all Black Diamond’s policies and procedures
- Follow all Black Diamonds safety policies
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Help out with other side of rental equipment as required
- Other duties as required
- Must have Valid H2S, Standard First Aid, & Fall Arrest
- Self-motivated, and high attention to detail
- Must have valid non GDL driver’s license and be able to provide a clean drivers abstract
- Must be able to pass drug test on demand
- Completion of secondary school is usually required
- Previous camp maintenance experience and technical ability to carry out work orders
- Knowledge of and capability to complete tasks relating to general painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, heating systems and site maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices.
- An ability to communicate professionally with clients, staff, and management.
- Must be fluent in English both oral and written
- Work weeks are scheduled and include 8 days on, two days on call, two days off with the option to work your days off
- Long hours of work
- Lots of driving time
- Working as an individual as well as part of a team
- Frequently assigned changing priorities
- Must answer phone when on call
- Must be able to work schedules assigned
Black Diamond Conducts Background checks that includes Criminal Record, Employment Verification, Supervisory References, Education/Credential Verifications and Drivers Abstract Reports (for roles that require an employee to be insured on our company insurance policy).
We want to thank everyone for applying, however only applicants that possess the required knowledge will be considered for the position.