Big Interactive Corporation
Suite 202, 621 – 4th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, CAN T2P 0K2
BIG Interactive Corporation is looking for a Web Lead to join our team. We are looking for people who are interested in developing their career with us, as we expand our web development team.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in a well-managed team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of an organization that has high quality values.
The web lead will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of high-impact, high-visibility websites and other interactive content created by Big Interactive. The web lead will also research, analyze, and formulate recommendations on industry best practices and new ways to leverage technologies, and will possess a determination to evolve and grow skill sets in response to the every changing web environment. This position reports to the Creative Director.
You would evaluate and recommend appropriate usage of Rich-UI components and capabilities to enhance the user experience. You would also be responsible for leading key tracks/ teams and mentoring team members in key Interactive technologies. Some of these responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensuring that the interactive function operates in an efficient, profitable manner
- Ensuring that our interactive product remains leading edge and ahead of our competition
- Ensuring that our high quality of creative and programming is upheld, maintaining consistently high standards for him/herself and others on the team
- Listening, asking, hearing, prioritizing and translating client needs, marketing goals an information into strategic web & interactive projects, voice, messages and rationales
- Collaborating and contributing to the creative process as a leader of the interactive team, and as a member of the account team
- Leading the unified process of interactive/web/video/motion graphics
- Ensuring the professional development and readiness of the interactive team
- Assisting the Creative Director in working towards the evolution of the agency’s technology needs and marketing technology and digital marketing capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with Owner/President and Creative Director participate in company strategizing, and make recommendations for changes to the creative function to meet market changes, competitive threats or to support strategic plans
- Understand Big Interactive’s strategic goals and brand; analyze the interactive team, environment, processes, technologies, etc., to determine areas needing improvement; and build and direct a creative function aligned with and supportive of those goals.
- Make decisions on a daily basis that ensure both profitability and creative quality teamwork and professional development. Lead accordingly.
- Study the interactive marketplace, assessing where Big’s work stands against competitors’, as well as our clients’ competitors’ creative work.
- Drive constant improvement in Big’s creative quality and interactive capabilities.
- Assure that timely and informative communication takes place between the interactive function and the vendors, alliance partners, account team and clients
- Contribute to the strategic and creative development of the agency’s marketing and interactive efforts for new business development
- Ensure self and staff development in web-based and interactive marketing capabilities
- Expert knowledge and experience in designing and developing websites with HTML and CSS that adhere to current W3C and WCAG standards-compliant code
- Expert knowledge and experience of PHP programming and MySQL database
- Broad understanding of technical issues including server and operating system environments as they relate to web site operation
- Expert knowledge and ability to develop, manage and maintain static and dynamic web pages and sites for cross-platform and browser compatibility, including but not limited to Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Windows and Mac
- Working knowledge and experience with mobile design and development including responsive design and mobile-first
- Knowledge of user experience (UX), accessibility, information architecture (IA), design principles, form design and grid layouts
- Familiarity with traditional print and electronic design principles. Demonstrated skill in graphics applications such as Photoshop and Flash
- Ability to quickly identify and evaluate relevant new technologies
- Knowledge and experience working and developing with content management systems
- Willingness to explore and learn new software tools and new versions of existing tools, including Content Management Systems
- Ability to understand the aspect of complex, multi-level projects from initial definition through completion, including planning; establishing goals; objectives, and milestones; scheduling; tracking and evaluating
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills when communicating technical and non-technical information to persons of varying backgrounds, technical expertise and levels of authority
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively in complex environment involving rapidly changing priorities, heavy workloads, physical disruptions and highly fluid authority structures and demonstrate experience in helping lead and manage web projects
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular basis with team members as well as with clients on job progress. Willingness to work collaboratively and possess solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to recommend, coordinate and communicate functional page descriptions and navigational direction to ensure that designs achieve communications objectives
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments. Ability to problem solve, make changes and corrections as they occur, and to offer appropriate solutions
- Skill in interpreting a client's needs based on nature of project, budget and objectives
- Strong organizational and estimation skills
- Heroic get-it-done attitude, a team player and good communicator
- Solid grasp of mobile development, SEO best practices and techniques (Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues and how they relate to development), social media, analytics integration, and internationalization
Additional Information: We are looking to fill this position ASAP so applicants are advised to apply promptly.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please reply to this ad with your CV (in Word format, ODT or PDF)
Indeed - 8 months ago