Help Desk Technician / Dispatch Tech
BFG – Markham, ON
Help Desk Technician 1 / Dispatch Tech
To provide the first line of support for all computer related Software/Hardware and telecommunications requests.
- Provide first line of support for all inquiries entering the Help Desk
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone calls, voicemail, email or Help Desk system requests
- Open help desk tickets using the appropriate tracking software. Log all incoming Help Desk requests and steps taken towards resolution. Document and complete detailed service requests on the system
- Manage problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up on all Help desk tickets/requests. Escalate problems or issues as needed to Field Service Technicians
- Respond and resolve basic end-user requests in the areas of software, hardware, networking and telecommunications immediately before dispatching or escalating unresolved issues to Field Support Stall or Technical Support Staff
- Manage service tickets by tracking service calls from initiation through to completion, ensuring that all service tickets have been closed on the system when all calls have been completed and that the client is satisfied
- Maintain network user security profiles including passwords and systems access
- Perform work on revolving day/night shifts.
- * Minimum university degree with major in information technology or related program
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on a help desk, with broad exposure and hands on experience, to a variety of software and hardware technologies, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years experience resolving hardware and software issues through a triage professional process.
- Excellent prioritizing and communication skills
- Strong customer skills
- Working knowledge of workstation operating systems
- Working knowledge of Points of Sale Systems
Indeed - 7 months ago
Electrical, System Integration, Energy Management and solar installation services
National contractor specializing in national roll outs...