Position Title: Site Supervisor
Purpose of Job:
The Site Supervisor is responsible for overseeing Team members within a designated area of a custodial site ensuring a safe and professional work environment which fosters BEST culture, mission and values. The incumbent is responsible for completing various activities which include, but are not limited to; overseeing all daily duties of both light and heavy duty Custodians providing feedback and consistent communication with the Assistant Site Manager/Site Manager to ensure productive and efficient operations. The Site Supervisor will assist in training and foster cross training of key positions in the designated area. The incumbent provides assistance as required for the implementation of changes to existing polices and procedures.
- Understand and foster BEST’s company culture, mission and values by displaying leadership qualities applauded by BEST;
- Identify, support and develop growth plans for project works or other site locations;
- Ensure designated area meets or exceeds safety and quality standards laid out by BEST;
- Oversee all daily duties of both light and heavy duty Custodians and review daily paperwork to ensure that tasks were performed properly;
- Assist Team members to meet or exceed goals, duties and responsibilities
while maintaining a high level of integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment;
- Facilitate Tool Box meetings covering safety responsibilities and Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Assist in training new hires ensuring new Team members are trained on all aspects of basic tasks with emphasis on special requirements for the designated area;
- Facilitate designated area staff meetings as required to implement new standards and/or changes to existing policies and procedures;
- Provide Assistant Site Manager/Site Manager regular feedback regarding safety, supplies, personnel and any other cleaning concern in a timely manner;
- Communicate staffing issues to Assistant Site Manager/ Site Manager and provide guidance and counseling to Team members including verbal and written corrective action in accordance with BEST Service Pros’ policy;
- Perform heavy duty cleaning responsibilities including floor maintenance when needed, garage and recycling removal to outside bins;
- Maintain and secure storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and the public:
- Report need for equipment repairs and stock shortages;
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs and damage and/or acts of vandalism;
- Perform all other duties deemed reasonably necessary by the Site Manager or
Assistant Site Manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Good verbal communication skills in order to communicate and train effectively.
- Ability to prioritize workload to complete daily activities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effective and sound judgment;
- A wide range of internal and external at various levels.
- Maintaining a close and current understanding of the business needs and priorities.
- Carrying out tasks and duties instructed by management in a timely manner.
- Managing multiple and changing priorities.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions:
- Various work environments including office, production and secured.
- May be required to work outside normal business hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Stressful conditions may be experienced due to deadlines.
- Moderate physical activity, such as lifting up to 35 lb. and bending may be required.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Serving Western Canada since 1956
BEST Service Pros has been engaged in the delivery of janitorial and building maintenance solutions to...